Reviews for The Scruff Factor
Irena chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Once again, my love, you show how wonderful and great your talent is.

I love your work, always.

*checks watch*

And chapter 13 of Dark Leaf is where?
Eledhwen chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Aragorn, the Twins, and a well-written humorous piece. What more could anyone ask for?

The next chapter ...
Wild Iris chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Lovely stuff - subtle and beautifully written, and I like Aragorn's blissful ignorance of anything but his creature comforts! (Man, does that Ranger have a problem with delayed gratification...)

I guess Legolas' fear of enclosed spaces is a reference to "Dark Leaf"; glad the dear Elf recovered enough to go tripping through the woods again.
Ithildin chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
more more more more more more more more more more
Emma the Lame chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Oh JastaElf, this is magnificent! I'm still chuckling. You have some awesome imagery. And I imagine Aragorn does smell very...er, ripe. ;o) I feel for those with Elvish senses.

He is rather scruffy now that you mention it. Oddly scruffy. Perhaps it's the look he's going for? Just to annoy Elrond of course!

Your characterization is perfect! That rarely happens in humor stories, but you've done it with faultlessness.

And! We have the twins! How can you not love them? They are not in enough stories!

Great job, it goes directly to my favorites. More soon, please!
Celandine Brandybuck chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
Well, I'm frankly looking forward to the next installment of this one. V. curious to see whether Aragorn is allowed to spruce himself up, or if his foster-brothers hold him down and forcibly shave him...
AfterEver chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
LOL

This story is off to a great start. I love the humor you insert, even while you keep the writing style serious. And I mean 'serious' in that the grammar, story flow, and punctuation doesn't suffer for the fact that you're being dang funny.

Anyway, I'm going to refer this fic to a friend, and definitely keep an eye out for the next chapter. Thanks for a good read. D
Klose chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
Heh heh... that was pretty funny, but thankfully not in a lame sort of way, which seems to be the norm with humor fics these days. I especially liked the part where Elrohir stuck the butter knife onto Aragorn's throat... hee hee...

I must thank you- I've been sick the past few weeks (my condition has been made worse by exam-stress fever), and this fic certainly lightened up my otherwise miserable day. )
annakas chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
Ohhhh this was hilarious. I loved it. Poor Estel cant live with out being teased by elves.
alliwantisanelfforchristmas chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
*Hae Jaesta!

*Em I da fuerst tu reeveew? I muest bee da onlee won up dis laete. Whin u sleap wid ur Iz opeen, u doen't mees much.

Go back to bed, Legolas! And give me back my credit card! Have you been on E-bay AGAIN?

WooHoo (C. Celeborn)! This is a real treat! You know, you do get quite busy out there Rangering, all those things you have to take care of don't leave any time for minor conveniences like bathing. Love the retort to Elrohir about the butter knife incident. Imagine Legolas and his soft heart braiding a floral wreath for old Gollum's head?

*Whut? Hee wuld bea perty wid a reeth een hiz hare! An eberybuddy noez dat eberybuddy lubz me!

I thought you were going to bed? Honestly...

I anxiously await Chap 13 tomorrow night!
Shauna1 chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
"What’s this, a Ranger caught off his guard?" a merry voice said in Aragorn’s ear, as a butter knife found its way to the region of his throat. Aragorn sighed in a distinctly put-upon manner, and knocked the offending article away. "Stick it where the sun shineth not, Elrohir," he retorted.

Very funny, in a nice, understated way. The interaction between the twins and Aragorn is priceless. Not to mention Lindir's appearance. I don't quite understand why Lindir would hug Aragorn for so long, given the ranger's - erm - condition... but that might be my fault, not yours. In any case, quirky, well-written, and I can't wait to read more.
Nancing Elf chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
*snicker*

*snort*

*chortle*

*guffaw* *gasp* *wheeze* *LOL* *ROTFLMAO*

*NE is howling with laughter*

OMEru Jasta but this is so terribly funny. I always thought that Aragorn must stink to you know where with all that roaming around the wilds...just one look at his greasy hair makes me cringe! He's got a new name now...GRUBBY ONE! to add to his already long list of other names!

Loved how everyone is trying to get him to bathe and all he cares about is getting to the food before the hobbits eat it all! *snort*

And I'm glad you have not given up on "Dark Leaf" (I check for updates almost daily ya know!).
Jocelyn chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
Squeal! (Giggle!) Oooh, I LIKE this! This fic has some delightful characterization of all our heroes, and I love how you've combined aspects of books and movie. Well done, well done indeed! I hope you'll add to it soon.

The chatter of Elladan and Elrohir is just priceless, and the slightly patronizing manner with which they treat Aragorn, what with him being their little brother and all. Also very cute are the references to the hobbits and food. I hope we'll see them and Legolas in the next part.

Add to it soon, I definitely need a good giggle as I'm being tormented by Ithilien, Thundera, Littlefish, and Cassia's angst and suspense-ridden fanfictional nightmares!
arabiasil chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
I really enjoyed this. You captured the charactors wonderfully. I hope there is more to come. Good work! God Bless.

arabiasil
Forestsilver chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
It is funny. What will come in the next chapter? Will Aragorn be ambushed by Elves and forced to bathe? Well written.
512 | « Prev Page 1 .. 24 31 32 33 34 35 Next »