Reviews for The Scruff Factor
LOTRlover chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Heh, heh, heh. This is such a good beginning. Can't wait for further developments.
fliewatuet chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
There are lots of Force-Aragorn-To-Take-A-Bath stories out there, but yours has by far the most promising start (not that I have read any of them, going over the first few lines usually let me hit the BACK-button). But this one, ... Can't wait to read more about Elves sneaking up my favorite Ranger, will there be more butter-knive attacks? The parently remarks concerning Aragorn's dinner-table manners given by Elladan and Elrohir are just priceless! 'Swallow, then speak!' Sounds familiar I also love the idea of Cirdan supplying Rivendell with rare food and wine, nice detail.
Mal3m chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
i love this so far! i like how you keep your writing nice and flowing while at the same time adding in funny lines all over the place,i especially like the butter knife incident :) im am eagerly looking forward to the next chapter!
Witzend chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Delighted! While I anxiously await a new chapter of Dark Leaf, I appreciate this light and frothy offering (and the subtle reference to Dark Leaf therein. Poor Legolas! At least he enjoys tripping about and singing again and Elladin and Elrohir are rats to refer to it all in such a manner-but we all love them anyway).

I am giggling especially because there have been a few occasions when I have been forced to spend time in the company of the hygienically challenged and have had to embrace and endure their company while being polite about the assault on my nose all the while. I can sympathize. After spending the last few weeks at a Renfair, this story has so much meaning for me...
TreeHugger chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
AH! You can write something with no torture and angst and pain...unless you consider sitting at table with Aragorn in his present condition torture and pain...Hm...well, okay you TRIED not to write torture and pain. :) LOL

Aragorn Strider Estel Elrondion had a "legitimate" reason for brushing off his bath. I don't blame him for fearing that the Hobbits would eat everything in sight...but REALLY Man!

I really like Lindir, trying to be tactful and talking a mile a minute - and doing it elegantly. But he is a minstrel and has a way with words. Unfortunately they seem to have fallen on deaf ears...or perhaps Aragorn Strider Estel Elrondion just has very DIRTY ears and can't hear properly. I would be horrified at the concept of Aragron sitting down to table with the family too. YIKES!

I like Elrohir teasing Aragorn about Arwen catching him off guard. The twins are so much fun, aren't they!

Gollum with flowers in his hair and dancing in the sunshine with Elven maidens...nice picture in my head about that one! I can just see it! ROFL Hmmm...Legolas and Gollum sitting in a tree - S-I-N-G-I-N-G! Another hilarious picture!

Aragorn has been gone a long time, hasn't he? Talking with his mouth full! How uncouth of the future king! LOL

Not Dorwinion? Too bad! ;)We'll see what we can do about that!

I can just see him sitting there shoveling the food in..."Eat more slowly, child" indeed!

Oh, Jasta! This is too great! Good way to start a Monday morning! Thanks so much for the laughs! I can't wait to see what else is going to transpire... or perspire! ICK! ROFL You are amazing, nin mellon!

Elenath sila erin le!
Irena chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Once again, my love, you show how wonderful and great your talent is.

I love your work, always.

*checks watch*

And chapter 13 of Dark Leaf is where?
Eledhwen chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Aragorn, the Twins, and a well-written humorous piece. What more could anyone ask for?

The next chapter ...
Wild Iris chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Lovely stuff - subtle and beautifully written, and I like Aragorn's blissful ignorance of anything but his creature comforts! (Man, does that Ranger have a problem with delayed gratification...)

I guess Legolas' fear of enclosed spaces is a reference to "Dark Leaf"; glad the dear Elf recovered enough to go tripping through the woods again.
Ithildin chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
more more more more more more more more more more
Emma the Lame chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Oh JastaElf, this is magnificent! I'm still chuckling. You have some awesome imagery. And I imagine Aragorn does smell very...er, ripe. ;o) I feel for those with Elvish senses.

He is rather scruffy now that you mention it. Oddly scruffy. Perhaps it's the look he's going for? Just to annoy Elrond of course!

Your characterization is perfect! That rarely happens in humor stories, but you've done it with faultlessness.

And! We have the twins! How can you not love them? They are not in enough stories!

Great job, it goes directly to my favorites. More soon, please!
Celandine Brandybuck chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
Well, I'm frankly looking forward to the next installment of this one. V. curious to see whether Aragorn is allowed to spruce himself up, or if his foster-brothers hold him down and forcibly shave him...
AfterEver chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
LOL

This story is off to a great start. I love the humor you insert, even while you keep the writing style serious. And I mean 'serious' in that the grammar, story flow, and punctuation doesn't suffer for the fact that you're being dang funny.

Anyway, I'm going to refer this fic to a friend, and definitely keep an eye out for the next chapter. Thanks for a good read. D
Klose chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
Heh heh... that was pretty funny, but thankfully not in a lame sort of way, which seems to be the norm with humor fics these days. I especially liked the part where Elrohir stuck the butter knife onto Aragorn's throat... hee hee...

I must thank you- I've been sick the past few weeks (my condition has been made worse by exam-stress fever), and this fic certainly lightened up my otherwise miserable day. )
annakas chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
Ohhhh this was hilarious. I loved it. Poor Estel cant live with out being teased by elves.
alliwantisanelfforchristmas chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
*Hae Jaesta!

*Em I da fuerst tu reeveew? I muest bee da onlee won up dis laete. Whin u sleap wid ur Iz opeen, u doen't mees much.

Go back to bed, Legolas! And give me back my credit card! Have you been on E-bay AGAIN?

WooHoo (C. Celeborn)! This is a real treat! You know, you do get quite busy out there Rangering, all those things you have to take care of don't leave any time for minor conveniences like bathing. Love the retort to Elrohir about the butter knife incident. Imagine Legolas and his soft heart braiding a floral wreath for old Gollum's head?

*Whut? Hee wuld bea perty wid a reeth een hiz hare! An eberybuddy noez dat eberybuddy lubz me!

I thought you were going to bed? Honestly...

I anxiously await Chap 13 tomorrow night!
517 | « Prev Page 1 .. 24 31 32 33 34 35 Next »