Reviews for His Girl Friday
disco-chic chapter 15 . 11/20/2010
Oh my gosh - I know this was written 8 yrs ago . . . But I am so glad I found it! You did a great job of using HGF as a basis for this storyline. It was beautifully funny and entertaining. It would have been a brilliant series of episodes - but I would want them to be done in 40s attire and in B&W!
Dudly chapter 15 . 3/9/2009
Woah, that one was hell of a plot.

I liked Doyle as an Oracle. n_n

And, hm. Angel's games. They had me laughing. At the end, I was like, "What the hell is he doing!" when he was letting her go (because if he was going to do that, he might have as well not bothered) but then he was so matter-of-fact about the fact that he wasn't going to be noble and let her have Normal Life. (Unlike what he did to Buffy. Or for Buffy. Whichever).

"I wonder if he'll let us out of the whole life insurance thing," Angel mused, jogging up the stairs as she followed. "We're a little on the broke side."

Cordelia shot him an incredulous look. "You have no shame."

"What, like shame is something to be proud of?"

Angel is a shameless Bastarrd for even suggesting it, after what he did to the poor guy- had him in jail thrice, traumatized his mother, stole his fiancee.

But I like the perfect use of one of Cordy's own quote at the end. XDD

The Powers are real jerks, too, for messing with Cordy like that.

I like Cordy's weird ties with Skip and the Champions. Huh.

And I just love the breakdown in this very last chapter, for some reason. It felt real and understandable and I liked it very much.

Not unlike your story as a whole.

dudly xx
Jarhead chapter 15 . 4/19/2003
I'm praying that some adaptation of this story is what Joss chooses to end Angel with. It was brilliant! I absolutely loved how you wrote Angel himself, and the Faith/Wes stuff was great, esp. the closet discussion near the end.
Mandolin chapter 15 . 11/8/2002
I already begged you to let me rec this, so you know I love it, but I have to say... I'm impressed with anyone who can write a screwball comedy largely set in a hell dimension.

For me, the most insanely funny image was the mental picture of Lindsey leading the demons on a wild goose chase. I don't blame Fred for wanting popcorn. :)
Eledhwen chapter 15 . 10/20/2002
As Shakespeare said, "All's right with the world." What a lovely ending to a great story.
Eledhwen chapter 13 . 10/19/2002
A very fun chapter. The dual exchange between Douglas/Cordelia and Angel/Kate was skilfully handled and worked beautifully.
Eledhwen chapter 12 . 10/18/2002
The dimensions are slightly confusing, but the character interaction is great still!
Eledhwen chapter 9 . 10/16/2002
Wow - incredible stuff! I'm loving it. More?
AngelChase chapter 6 . 10/15/2002
I've been wanting to read this one for so long! It is a great story, just like everything you write! You do know your way around this characters. Great, really.
CCke chapter 6 . 10/15/2002
good story. Liking it so far! I hope you post another chapter soon ;o)
Imzadi chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Very interesting so far. You've brought back Bethany Chalk. Will we see Wes, Lilah, Gavin, Kate, Dru, &/or Lindsey (especially Lindsey!)?