Reviews for Cutting Room Floor
lipamo chapter 18 . 1/14/2015
yes, you're right. the episode didn't show alot of important things. the three little scenes you brought us here are a perfect example for it. especially the one with dana and jess as well as brody's are really important to me. but i guess i would've never thought of it myself. so- thank you so much for your sharp eye and mind.
LilMisfit5290 chapter 18 . 1/9/2015
Agh, now I feel compelled to go back and do some S2 rewatching. Loved this so much. Favorite bit was Frank keeping an eye on Carrie and Maggie's reaction to the whole thing. Such a good detail there. And of course the Dana/Jess and then Brody segment..ugh, so good. Makes me long for Homeland 1.0 all the more. A fic about Brody/Nazir would be fantastic! And don't apologize, all your stuff is worth the wait! :)
Terzima chapter 17 . 10/31/2014
First time we share Nazir's thoughts... Excellent idea, and brilliant update, as usual.
Plus congrats on the title chapters too, I love their subtlety and "double meaning"!
I hope you'll have time to do the same awesome job with season 2; we need it.
Thank you BW1986.
lipamo chapter 17 . 10/27/2014
huh, wow. To be in Nazir's head is something... wow, new. and disturbing. again: congrats for doing this - definitely not easy! I'm curious what missing scenes from S2 you're going to bring to life for us here. thanks sooo much, I'll be here. take care!
lipamo chapter 16 . 10/27/2014
this was the hardest scene in S1, definitely. and to see his state of mind here.. yeah.. it's his personal little hell he was pulled into. what a dilemma. you pulled this off so wwll again! but it must've been really hard and dark to do it - so thanks for that so much!
LilMisfit5290 chapter 17 . 10/18/2014
It's funny how Nazir's run on the show feels like a lifetime ago. This segment though brought it all back. God I miss Homeland 1.0 so much. Can't even stand it. Can't wait though to see you tackle S2 scenes in this fic! Anxious for more. :)
LilMisfit5290 chapter 16 . 10/18/2014
Oh man. Reading this is giving me painful flashbacks to the end of S1 that crushed me but was oh so brilliant. "He's vicious as he lands hard verbal blows on Carrie. It's therapy for everything he should be saying to himself." Between that, tying Dana in. *standing ovation* I swear you make more of an effort to write Brody/ get him than Gansa and Co. ever did. Brilliant work. On to the next.
Terzima chapter 15 . 10/15/2014
Those scenes where Carrie is undergoing a manic episode are among my favorite ones! Thanks for writing around those superb lines, and thank you soooo much for allowing us to re-live Season 1 in enhanced mode...
lipamo chapter 15 . 10/13/2014
loved it, that Saul was putting her stuff together and trusted her genius enough to try it out. so i really appreciate that you thought up his working process.. it's wonderful to read!
LilMisfit5290 chapter 15 . 10/6/2014
Okay so you know my feelings about the Saul we've been treated to in recent seasons, but the Saul in this scene, putting the artists work on display. (superb line btw) Yeah...that was the Bear I came to love. Love your incorporating all of Carrie's manic quotes too. I can visualize her walking down the hall in the hospital with him so clearly. That whole episode is practically emblazoned in my brain. Agh, the awesomeness that was S1. Thanks again for this fic! :)
LilMisfit5290 chapter 14 . 10/6/2014
That plant paragraph, what are you trying to do to me. AGH. Brilliant but my poor shipper heart, again! This scene hurt to watch and this chapter is making it all come back to me. But in a good way. *wipes traitorous tears and clicks the button to read the next chapter*
LilMisfit5290 chapter 13 . 10/6/2014
Oh this was amazing. Love how you balance heavy and light. The bit about the spelling skills..awesome. And then jumping to Brody's reaction to the drawing, Chris only wanting to play soccer with his dad. My heart. :( That last paragraph got me good too. Fantastic as usual. Thanks so much for this fic. A nice refuge for us 'weirdos' that happened to actually give a damn about the Brody's.
LilMisfit5290 chapter 12 . 10/6/2014
"I'm Scrat." Easily one of my all time favorite opening lines in existence. Really fantastic segment in general I remember being so stunned when Brody confronted Al-Zahrani at the end of the ep. Love that you've led up to it with his frustrations and angst. Poor thing feeling like a useless squirrel. Great work, on to the next!
lipamo chapter 13 . 10/1/2014
i'm tearing nearly up here. this issmashingly heart-wrenching. what a wonderful idea to let them ahve at least this little real father-son-bonding-time. reall beautiful
lipamo chapter 12 . 10/1/2014
oohwowowow, awesome, loved these "scenes". freakingly well written!
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »