Reviews for The Goblins' Son
missgsmith51 chapter 40 . 4/23
I just finished reading The Goblins' Son for the second time, and I enjoyed it all over again. I particularly like the fact that so many of the characters are dynamic and make significant changes through the course of the story.

I think my favorite part of the story was Harry's way of defeating Voldemort ... by coughing on him! That was quite hilarious. I also like Hermione's less bossy character.

I thought it was interesting to see the anti-Goblin prejudices decline among many of the Wizards - due in part, I suppose, to the many ways in which Harry, Brightbird, and Snape worked together for the benefit of Wizards. Sadly, though, the man who actually presented the awards (Cornelius Fudge) and should know better seems to have changed very little. I suppose some people are simply unwilling or unable to let go of their own sense of superiority for any reason.

I am quite curious to know how Molly, Ron, and Percy took Fred's marriage to Jane. If Molly was biased against Fleur, how would she take Jane? Those three Weasleys have always seemed to be far more close-minded and insular in their thinking than Arthur, Bill, Charlie, and the twins. Perhaps this is due to Bill and Charlie having been exposed to more varied cultures as adults, while Arthur and the twins are simply more open-minded and interested in new people and experiences. Whatever the case, I suppose grandchildren might at least weaken Molly's prejudices.

Once again, thanks for a really enjoyable read.
Matrixskater chapter 40 . 4/4
a wonderful story from a different and enjoyable perspective
WhiteElfElder chapter 40 . 4/3
Very nice story. The only thing I have that has set oddly through is that it is never explained why the Goblins are so different here than in depicted in the books...though it is not a bad things as it "humanized" them.
WhiteElfElder chapter 38 . 4/3
Why does Harry keep forgetting about the immune system booster?
WhiteElfElder chapter 32 . 4/3
Isn't Harry an Ice Phoenix, not a Water Phoenix?
Gunny Highway chapter 16 . 3/26
I read about one third of this chapter and at that point I had to quit reading this story. Snape's attitude got ridiculous and no one informing the school board or someone in power outside of Hogwarts, or the Goblins having a bit of a beat down on Snape is too far out there. Good idea of Harry and the Goblins bad implementation of Harry at Hogwarts and the Blue Moon Disease.
Kai chapter 12 . 3/2
I liked that Harry and Hermione were friends before Hogwarts. So I thought the story could be okay.

But it's getting ridiculous now. Okay, Snape hates Harry and Dumbledore seems to back him. But isn't there a Head of House, whose job it is to interfere in torturous shit like Snape's behaviour? Those point deductions are way beyond acceptable, and keeping a first year from doing his homework and getting to know the castle and his classmates for WEEKS is, dunno, it just doesn't work.

Snape should be kicked out of Hogwarts by Flitwick, ably assisted by McGonagall, backed by Pomfrey, and Dumblefuck and his pet Death Eater be damned.

They're FIRST YEARS during their first week in Hogwarts. They have to be supervised by their Heads of House and protected from abuse. It's too much and I just can't read that anymore...
Sakura Lisel chapter 8 . 2/28
Um... Even if the Dursleys HAD actually 'cared' enough to 'notice' that Harry was sick and do something about it, why the heck is the old coot asking Harry WHY his MUGGLE relatives didn't notice that he was sick with the 'Marga Dragonis' disease? They are MUGGLES, even if they HAD cared that he was sick, they wouldn't know what KIND of disease it was, let alone the WIZARDING name for it since they have nothing to do with the magical world or its existing ailments. Even if they took him to a MUGGLE hospital, the muggle doctors probably wouldn't even know how to treat it even if they did somehow have to right medicine for it similar to magical medicine treatments. *lol*
Starlite22 chapter 21 . 1/1
What's happened to hermione, she suddenly become a bit part character and basically disappeared.
Starlite22 chapter 19 . 1/1
What's happened to Hermione's parents, also she seems to of become a rather average student.
starlite22 chapter 6 . 1/1
They went to the pet shop because Hermione wanted to get a pet, you had me thinking she was going to get Crookshanks earlier and have him as a kitten, did she not get one.
I did like the idea of the snake though.
starlite22 chapter 5 . 1/1
Enjoying your story, 1 small thing you said he had 1 more year to play in the younger qui ditch team then said he wouldn't play in the adult team till he was 14, but if he's 10, he'd hsve 3/4 more years.
CrazySockGirl chapter 40 . 12/29/2014
Wow, this is fabulous. I can hardly tell that English isn't your first language. In fact, if y0u hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have known. The story itself was creative and engaging. I can't wait to read more of your works.
lrmorena chapter 40 . 12/15/2014
Love how different this story was... Perfect!
morcheller chapter 40 . 12/8/2014
Thank you for a very nice story. The characterization of the Goblin's was unlike any that I have ever read, not a bad thing and quite enjoyable.
I look forward to reading future stories from you and your alter ego.