Reviews for Shall Love Conquer All
MAC Nicholls chapter 31 . 9/14
It's Rude to your readers, not to finish your story!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 31 . 1/4
Do you plan to finish this story? It feels like all you need is a chapter or two to wrap things up, one way or the other. Thanks for writing this!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 30 . 1/4
WOW. That was an incredibly powerful chapter! I couldn’t stop reading! Your medical research was top-notch, as was the pacing, the descriptions, the characters’ interactions, the tension, and the emotional stakes. Absolutely fantastic, and far beyond the kind of light writing I normally expect from a fic. Brava! Well done. (Oh, and I meant to say: excellent description earlier of what it feels like to retain fluid at the end of a pregnancy. I lived through that myself, and every detail you described rang true.)
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 29 . 1/4
Nice job with the pacing and tension! The line “Darcy is alone with her” really landed. It makes me so much more aware of how delayed communication was back then!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 28 . 1/4
I’m glad that Darcy is taking his cues from Lizzy. I never felt the nesting urge when I was pregnant, but I hear it’s fairly common.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 27 . 1/4
Aw, lovely perspective from Mr. Bennet! And Mrs. Bennet also feels perfectly in character and just as socially embarrassing.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 26 . 1/4
I love the giggling under the bedclothes, and the chance she had to observe him when he thought he was alone. :)
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 25 . 1/4
This chapter made me smile.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 24 . 1/4
Excellent, going to see the midwife instead of just sticking with male doctors. Also, nice portrayal of the Darcy/Lizzy argument.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 23 . 1/4
Oh, a great conversation between Lizzy and Mrs. Reynolds. And I very much look forward to discovering what is causing all these miscarriages!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 22 . 1/4
The dialogue is fairly jumping off the page, it’s so full of life and in-character. I really appreciate how you read between the lines in the original novel and saw an interesting story to tell. That’s more than can be said for a lot of P&P fanfic. Nice work.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 21 . 1/4
I love how eager everyone was to retire early. :)
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 20 . 1/4
Really nice Jane/Bingley scene. :)
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 19 . 1/3
I loved Lizzy’s final question. I’m enjoying the medical mystery you’ve got going on here, and nice job drawing in the earlier “offhand” reference you’d made to Mary’s miscarriage when she visited Pemberly. I’m thinking something in their diet—perhaps the water or a local plant that the cooks think is a good idea to eat?
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 18 . 1/3
Of course once Darcy talked to Elizabeth, she’d pulled his head out of his ass and drag him off to have a good time. :)