Reviews for Shall Love Conquer All
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 24 . 1/4/2019
Excellent, going to see the midwife instead of just sticking with male doctors. Also, nice portrayal of the Darcy/Lizzy argument.
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 23 . 1/4/2019
Oh, a great conversation between Lizzy and Mrs. Reynolds. And I very much look forward to discovering what is causing all these miscarriages!
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 22 . 1/4/2019
The dialogue is fairly jumping off the page, it’s so full of life and in-character. I really appreciate how you read between the lines in the original novel and saw an interesting story to tell. That’s more than can be said for a lot of P&P fanfic. Nice work.
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 21 . 1/4/2019
I love how eager everyone was to retire early. :)
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 20 . 1/4/2019
Really nice Jane/Bingley scene. :)
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 19 . 1/3/2019
I loved Lizzy’s final question. I’m enjoying the medical mystery you’ve got going on here, and nice job drawing in the earlier “offhand” reference you’d made to Mary’s miscarriage when she visited Pemberly. I’m thinking something in their diet—perhaps the water or a local plant that the cooks think is a good idea to eat?
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 18 . 1/3/2019
Of course once Darcy talked to Elizabeth, she’d pulled his head out of his ass and drag him off to have a good time. :)
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 17 . 1/3/2019
I feel like shouting at them both as if they were toddlers: “USE YOUR WORDS!”
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 16 . 1/3/2019
Oy, haven’t they ever considered the idea of sexual activity that doesn’t involve the fear of conception? Someone needs to educate these two. :)
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 15 . 1/3/2019
Ooh, interesting! The plot thickens! Is there something in their diet while they’re at Pemberly that is encouraging miscarriages?
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 14 . 1/3/2019
Everything feels so in-character and lovely.
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 13 . 1/2/2019
I’m glad Lizzy is getting better and the good doctor told Darcy to avoid getting her pregnant for a good long while. I could easily see this scenario happening in that era if an early miscarriage in their marriage had led to untreated anemia that was only compounded with each new conception, and Darcy hadn’t realized that he was part of the problem.

I loved the description of the wildflowers, and the reaction to the news of Lizzy’s poor health, given how hale she’d been in canon. Looking forward to a Scottish getaway with fewer servants and responsibilities. :)
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 12 . 12/31/2018
Oh, I ache for them both! Lizzy was so hale and hearty in Austen’s novel that the description of Darcy being able to feel her bones is making me ache.
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 11 . 12/31/2018
Nice pacing. I like how you’re not belaboring things, but carrying us efficiently through them.
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 10 . 12/31/2018