Reviews for Core Threads
nathnathn chapter 73 . 2/27/2019
hope your well I've read this great story a few times already and if I can get enough time il read it again soon.
sam Stewart chapter 1 . 2/27/2019
Check out the story of out of space potter fanfiction for the idea it has please update soon after author name stormyfiredragon.
deathwearsblack chapter 71 . 2/27/2019
Please update when you can. This story is so awesome.
H. Automata chapter 73 . 2/22/2019
I confess to being a little conflicted about this story. First of all it has the best, most refreshing rendition of the Dursleys I've ever read, twisting their cruel, cliched version into an amazing, positive family, possibly alluding to the 'Harry was an horcrux influencing the household' theory. Also I love everything about wacky, crazy Dumbledore, not to mention all the moments of humorous surreality spread throughout the narrative.

HOWEVER, there are some pretty big problems, namely:
1 - TOO MUCH EXPOSITION. There are entire (massive, never-ending) chapters that are nothing but expostion. Paragraph after paragraph of technical mumble-jumble and nonsensical attempts at explaining impossible magic. SOO MANY instances of characters explaining to one another information that we, the readers, already know, leading to considerable bloating of the story. These last few chapters, in special, were particularly egregious, with line after line of description, references to paperwork and theoretical conjecture that had my eyes glazing over instantly, and you know what's worse? I HAD to power through, because whenever we had actual dialogue or plot advancement, it was amazing! Meeting Rose, the goblin king, Windy and Carmilla, scenes with characters actually driving the plot, doing something not related to just getting each other up to date on current affairs.. Clearly there's a lot of creative energy and charm here.
2 - EXCESS OF PLOT POINTS. Just like within the story itself, there are just too many threads happening at the same time, some of which get dropped suddenly for a loooong time (looking at you, Sirius). There is so much stuff going that it feels like we're spread out too thin, and nothing gets the attention it deserves. For all the talk about family, Harry's relationships with Daphne, Gorran and Luna still fell shallow and underdeveloped. There's almost nothing built upon their interpersonal dynamics, you know? Their bond just ends up feeling strangely incomplete. I wish more of the story had been about them bonding, over what and why, instead of being a magical rendition of Doctor Manhattan's origin story.

I'm still favoriting and following it though. It's one of the most creative, expansive and enthusiastic fics I've ever read, and it deserves all the attention it can get, regardless of its flaws, regardless of the fact that it seems to have been abandoned.
halleberry1995 chapter 73 . 2/21/2019
So brilliant i hope theres more
GenJordan chapter 73 . 2/20/2019
*wistful* Almost two years since the last update. I enjoy this story so much, I really hope that someday this story is resumed.
LoveLifeForever chapter 73 . 2/19/2019
So I know Harry had to leave his reality. And I feel like you've been hinting at this for A WHILE. Is he going to the Game of Thrones universe?

The Blood Trees (did I get that right?) Are described as white trees with red leaves. Sounds like a weirwood to me. The Island Security Force has what symbol? A Wolf's head. Harry is incredibly capable in what magical field? Construction. Is it possible that Harry is secretly the patriarch of the Stark family?

Been wanting to say all this for a long time. :)

Also you haven't updated in forever. T_T
Woyogoyo chapter 73 . 2/18/2019
I swear, good fanfics always get abandoned on a good part. Ah well, this was a fun read.
sam stewart chapter 73 . 2/17/2019
been a year since you updateded this story please do so soon ?
Ahmed Maged chapter 13 . 2/16/2019
Fuck fuck fuck fuck
Trust the bitch that left you on door steeps clever very fucking clever
Ahmed Maged chapter 8 . 2/16/2019
Wtf why does he forgive and trust them so fucking quick and easy ?! Wtf after all that has been done to him
Guest chapter 73 . 2/11/2019
Hope you update soon
jessdangerousest chapter 61 . 2/7/2019
The writing style is definitely good, but I'm still a bit disappointed in the final product. Harry reaches godmode way too easily. There's a rule I heard a while back, can't remember who said it. "If you want to give Harry Potter a lightsaber then you have to give Voldemort a deathstar". Power growth over any story is hard to space, make them too weak to begin and any success may as well be a deus ex machina, but make them too strong and the story loses any real conflict. In this case it stopped being a story and started being a "look at the cool stuff I can do, I'm basically god" about 30 chapters ago. If you want to give Harry super power like nobody has ever seen before then you can do that, but don't leave Voldemort as a shadow to be crushed with hardly a thought. give Voldemort power too. Make him an actual enemy, the battle a struggle, give the story an actual goal beyond simply "do more cool stuff". Beyond that, your writing style is good, you definitely have talent, the beginning was absolutely beautifully done when Harry was locked in his cupboard fighting the scar. I just feel like this turned into more of a fireworks show than a fanfiction.
Death Lantern chapter 71 . 2/6/2019
Snape is still in hogwarts? WTF? After he tried to murder Harry, he should be in ajkaban.
TheStoryWever chapter 25 . 1/21/2019
I'm getting King Bradley from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood vibe.
Damn, but that is one hell of a guardian.
Sucks to be an invader of minds now a days.
5,801 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »