Reviews for The Devil's Backbone
Anne chapter 11 . 1/9
I love this story, don't get me wrong but this chapter 11 is a bit offensive, Damon abused her and the fact that Caroline thinks that they were dating is just crazy. Dating requires consent which she didn't have, she tried to sleep with him and he bit her and forced himself on her, convincing her with compulsion that they were in a relationship and was still sexually abusing her. I get Damon is a vampire, but making it seem that they were dating and he hurt her is just wrong. They didn't date. Also, its sad when victims think it was their fault, Caroline feels like her insecurity and competition with Elena got her there with Damon but thats not true. Damon would have chosen her regardless, abusers don't have reasons.
CeciliaJi chapter 7 . 5/25/2022
She’s still so mad at her I wondered if she knew why
CeciliaJi chapter 6 . 5/25/2022
Aww I love the lover’s embrace lol well done this chapter
Peytla chapter 2 . 12/27/2021
I love how Dark Klaus is!
alynezka chapter 8 . 9/30/2021
I haven't finished this story yet, cause it's probably the longest klaroline fanfiction I've come across, but I wanted to write, how interestingly you portraited the chatacters. I think you made Klaus ever more evil then he is in the show, which is very interesting, since most in fanfics, he is a good person, who was hurt so many times, but never experienced love blah blah blah. In this one though, he seems truly evil sometimes, but so true to his character in the show. Klaroline interactions are more interesting too and I feel like Klaus will have to work his butt of to get Caroline to forgive him for all the crap he put her through. Also Kol is just perfect. I found myself laughing at almost every comment he made, embarassing his siblings or something and I always thought Julie Plec made a huge mistake, when she let Jeremy f***ing Gilbert kill him in the show. Caroline is also lovely, so true to her character, that I can always imagine her voice in my head saying her lines. My favourite chapters might have been the ones from Bonnie's pov, because I think that her being so brainwashed, to not ever notice how much damage she was creating is also very realistic and shows how much power Silas really has over everyone even when he's asleep. Well anyway you are an amazing writer and this fanfiction is just perfect and so well-written.
Ritvika chapter 33 . 9/30/2021
This story is so beautiful. And the best part about this is that you captured every character so perfectly. I mean, I love Klaus, Caroline, Kol, and Bonnie, and so I love the stories where they are more cuddly than killer. But you captured even the darker parts so beautifully. Every trouble, every fight for an individual was so astoundingly orchestrated that you can't help but agree with their reasoning at some level. Even if they are wrong. I love it. Thank you for this amazing fic.
WinteryRain chapter 33 . 8/17/2021
loved this. thank you
ashleigh pypers chapter 26 . 2/22/2020
i'd honestly do the same thing if it meant seeing Henrik again
P.F. BlaringSilence chapter 33 . 12/16/2019
Probably one of my favorites out of all the Klaroline fanfics I've readwhich is too much). The main plot itself is suspenseful and intriguing. The dynamics and character arcs were wonderfully woven and written. Story arc for Stefan was kind of sad though. But the story between the main couple was nothing but perfection. It was a slow buildup but that made it all believable and no complaints about the sexual tension here. The ending was just perfect. From everything that happened and everyone they lost, seeing all of them at peace makes all of their sacrifices worth it. No loose ends and the Mikaelson siblings found their own peace.
sharmasanya99 chapter 4 . 10/11/2019
bonnie is kinda annoying but i get why she's doing what she's doing ugh
Lolafred chapter 33 . 8/6/2019
I love this story. Thank you for writing it. I loved it soooo much that I was going camping for a week without any electronics that I printed out like 5 chapters because I couldn't survive without it. Thank you and Miranda.
Eileen Guzman chapter 33 . 7/4/2019
this is was everything
Carrie281 chapter 32 . 3/27/2019
Just rereadvtgis story again as I've been in hospital and I just had say thank you for writing and sharing it! You are a phenomenal writer and this story is just so perfectly paced and plotted. Xx
Guest chapter 33 . 1/5/2019
I loved klaroline in this fic but the whole damon, elena and stefan dying was too disapointing for me to ever read this fic again
Guest chapter 13 . 11/24/2018
Kol is hilarious! When he asked to join nik’s group because he thought it would be more entertaining! Loved it!