Reviews for Beyond the Shadows
PSW chapter 1 . 10/6/2015
This was both sweet and sad - not so much in the death, which was as you said the gift of Eru to one old and trapped within his own body, but in the distance and tension between father and son. Ecthelion dotes on Faramir and sees what is to come...and although Denathor is mired in his pride and love of his oldest, it's ironic that he is frustrated w his father for that which he is doing himself (only w the other done). It would be hard, though, to know that your father favored someone else (even Thorongil) over you... Sigh, what a situation for all...

Beautiful story, and so well written. Thanks got writing!
Chiara Cadrich chapter 1 . 6/3/2015
That was pure delight ! Congratulations for the well-tuned dialogs and the elegant foresight.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/17/2015
This is quite sad. I also feel that Denethor would have mistaken Ecthelion's final words. Thanks for writing this - II look forward to reading your other fanfics.
StyxxandBethany chapter 1 . 2/22/2015
This was great! Yes Faramir is very special character... Gandalf knew Faramir had wisdom from early age
Deandra chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
It did seem as though everyone but Denethor saw the good in Faramir. Pity, that. He missed so much.

- Deandra
aja aron chapter 1 . 2/27/2014
Nicely penned. Well defined characterizations with an interesting look at the dynamics at play through the generational perspective of this family. Also, I found it amusing that within the same contest there were two of us who felt compelled to portray a sort of Númenórean death scene. ;)

Yay for us. lol
Guest chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
What a beautiful perception on the house of Hurin! Loved it!
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
Nice to see this posted here!
Darkover chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
Dear Linda: I recognized this from the Teitho Challenge, where it received one of my votes. It was a well-written and touching story there, as it is here. IMO you did a fine job of keeping everyone in-character, even Ioreth and baby Faramir. I liked the little touches of Ecthelion's foresight, and the closeness of his relationship with both his daughter-in-law and his younger grandson. You also did a good job of tying this story in with other stories you have written. Well done! Sincerely, Darkover
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
This is the good story. I like how Echthelion welcomed his grand son Faramir. It's too bad that Denethor did not welcome him. The death scene is especially beautiful.