Reviews for Till the Loneliness Shadows the Sky
sarupetto chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Sakurazukamori6 chapter 6 . 9/6/2006
I really enjoyed the atmosphere at the beginning, the cold, rainy, and muddy and completely depressing aura. I like the logic behind the weather, that the minus wave had effected it. And the scarf Sanzo wears, I don't exactly know why, but it fits him. I always love all the little details you provide, it makes the story very enjoyable.

Really liked how the progression of the weeks went by for Goku. He's angry, then sad and yearning and then angry again. Rain is a huge focus in this story, it's always somewhere in the background, always reminding Sanzo about his nonattachment and Koumyou. "Heaven to Earthbound troublemakers: Back the fuck off." this was funny, very IC dialogue.

"You’re not coming back, are you? I’ve avenged you. I’ve avenged you a thousand times over. I’ve drenched the world with blood, retrieved your sutras, grown into the office you gave me to bear, and yet… yet…" The entire ending to this was great. It just shows how useless-to him-everything he's done so far. It's very depressing and I can understand his bitterness. Very nice.
Sakurazukamori6 chapter 5 . 9/5/2006
I feel sorry for Sanzo and then I don't feel sorry for him. He's just the type of character that people have mixed feelings about, but he is charismatic and everyone can't help but like him a little. That's really portrayed in this story. He's completely IC. I like all the little quips he made in this chapter, "I hate you, he swore at the gods in a moment of self-indulgence." He does that a lot, even though he bows in their presence. He's a royal bullshitter.

"And the one remaining errand boy of the Powers That Be"

"If only everyone would just think, for a change. Or not think. Morons, all..." Ha. I really do feel sorry for him.

"The leaves, which he had painstakingly swept away, autumn after autumn, formed a carpet across the ground outside. He frowned, peeved by the sight." I love this part. Seems like something he would so do, seems like something he would revert back to doing. I love that he picked up the rake and tried to put back some order. It goes back to him wanting to restore peace to Tengenko.
Sakurazukamori6 chapter 4 . 9/5/2006
"He'd missed Goku's question. Tugging off his spectacles and carelessly tossing them onto the tabletop, he swiped a hand over eyes gone too dry from hours of reading. "Say again?" I like how believable the characters are. The words don't dictate anything, but the moments. Currently Sanzo is attuned to his own affairs and Goku's problems don't come into those, so he misses it completely and that showed in "Say again?" Everyone has their problems. Everyone is self-absorbed, especially Sanzo. You protray that very well. Even the gods, they could care less about Sanzo's problems.

"Genjo Sanzo." It was the female who spoke this time, the one whose eyes were always shut - against what, he wondered..." I liked how you worded that. The three aspects seem like such a sheltered bunch of gods.
Sakurazukamori6 chapter 3 . 9/5/2006
"Don't keep secrets for too long, Goku. You were never fond of them." I liked how you worded this piece of dialogue.

"a simple apartment that encompassed an entirely different world. Here, with the plain wooden furniture and the bare-bulbed lamp swinging from the ceiling... here, with the paint flaking off the walls, except where attempts had been made to add a new coat had commenced... he could speak his mind in peace." And this was wow. You have a real talent for taking the simple architecture of a place and weaving it into the emotions around it. It's homey and normal and peaceful and chipped, just like the pair living there. So different from the temple.

"Love is a convenient label," Hakkai agreed. "Applied to a great many things, and, as such, not descriptive enough to cover all of them. You feel what you feel... and you can choose to name it or not to, but putting a name to it does not make it what it is not.. nor does not putting a name to it make it any less real." This was another piece of perfection. I can't tell you how amazing and how none cliche this story is. These lines just summed it up, because the feelings that Goku have, they can't be slapped on with a generic label. It's not just romantic love, it has other layers and sublayers, like antholes. This is beautiful.
Sakurazukamori6 chapter 2 . 9/5/2006
"They had gone forth, a journey that lasted three years and countless lifetimes, and they had changed the world. And now they were talking about potatoes." This is a really great line, because it shows perfectly how humans always revert back to their habits. I like the metaphor between Sanzo and the temple, both are pristine and perfect reflections of each other. They're almost dead to the touch. I love how you show that with the echoing footsteps and the quiet that surrounds that place. I also love Goku's portrayal. I like how you mellowed him out with age, but he stil retains his feelings and emotions. They seem more profound now because they're quieter and hesitate and very human. I also like how through Goku's actions, Sanzo seems more human and it directly, physically effects the temple.
Sakurazukamori6 chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
Oh wow, this was amazing. I'd especially liked the lines, "If you don't get out of there right NOW, I'm sending a bullet to look for you!" I laughed for a good minute. And, "...Sanzo distributed a few scowls, and curious onlookers hurriedly became curious not-lookers." I liked the scene where they were skipping pebbles on the water, just lovely with such poetic weather. Thank you for the wonderful read.
Elena Maria chapter 8 . 8/14/2006
god, i love this! it's simply beautiful! you are a very skillfull writer! keep it up!

this fic made me cry! *sniff*sniff* it's really beautiful.. )
Yohko the demo chapter 8 . 6/21/2006
From beginnig to end this story is just amazing.

Love the end. That's just so much more realistic than all those stories about them both falling in the arms of each other (yeah I wrote some, whatever XD)

You've spent a huge amount of time working on it, didn't you? In the end it seems so

Bravo. I love your writing skills.
laura chapter 8 . 2/19/2006
O_O...O_O...god, that made me cry! it was so beaustiful!
Katherine4 chapter 8 . 2/3/2006
OH *wow*

That was STUNNING. Your lines are beautiful, the whole fic was mesmerising, and so touching. Ohmigod, I am completely in awe.

*adores madly*
Z chapter 8 . 1/17/2006
Quite sentimental and touching.
Z chapter 2 . 1/17/2006
Not bad this chapter!
Z chapter 1 . 1/17/2006
Interesting chapter of some insight of life.
Corycian Muse chapter 8 . 1/10/2006
I have not read anything as beautiful and deep as this. It moved me, and left me breathless, and changed my aspect upon the relationship between Sanzo and Goku. Apart from rare grammatical errors, this was perfect. _