Reviews for The Dolor Mortis Curse
RavenOverlord chapter 17 . 5/19
Great chapter! Lots of secondary character driven dialogue which I feel adds a nice touch of realism. A little cheesy at the end, but hey, after all of that I think everyone deserves some cheese. :)

Very glad you did not use the Master Sword or some crazy solution. Better to use what you have, because as Midna says "they would not have given me the light if it could not heal him".

Looking forward to the aftermath of this. :)
Realistic. . Yeah right
navydivea chapter 17 . 5/9
To be honest I was expecting the master sword to come back into play since the curse moved from being darkness to having an actual evil will behind it. Great chapter though and look forward to more.
Hallfrune chapter 17 . 5/6
Incredible, I'm glad that the curse is over!
It was an intense episode, a tornado of emotions and with the right soundtrack my mind just exploded.
I'm looking forward your updates, especially the novel :-)
Take care.
danadanaBATMAN chapter 17 . 5/5
Dammmmmm that was intense
EquinoxWolf chapter 17 . 5/5
Hooray! The curse is gone! :D This was an excellent chapter. It was well worth the wait.
Arison Nakaru chapter 17 . 5/5
That was great! Can wait to see the final!
RavenOverlord chapter 16 . 4/11
Overall the story arc and dialogue has been done pretty well, though there are mistakes with English idiom throughout, it is fairly easy to understand the intention. *minor spoiler*My personal favorite part of the story is when Beth gives Link too much morphine. The way you wrote the logic of the children I felt was spot on and the tragedy felt completely natural.

The constant punishment of Link is something I haven't see any other TP story do. At least not harshly and for this long. It is interesting to read how he and others deal with such a terrible wound and curse.

Regarding the last few chapters, I do like the bickering and arguments between the characters. In a stressful time it is common for friends to turn on each other and fight for the stupidest reasons. Though they know they are being unreasonable, they can't help but attempt to relieve the stress they feel by taking it out on something they can control. That being said, I do feel as if the dialogue is a little forced on occasion.

*Spoilers*
When Link hurt himself for the first time, I felt it was too fast, and should have been a bit slower. Like maybe the curse tells him to do something simple and the voices will get quieter, like standing up. Then walking. Walking to a specific point. Picking up objects. Maybe redress his wounds (this would cause him pain, and is ultimately unnecessary because the bandages are clean, but it conditions him to cause himself pain to quiet the voices down and avoid the pain of his wound. Link would agree to this because he figures it can't cause him permanent harm to just replace the already clean bandages). At this point Link might finally be so conditioned to the curse that he is far more willing to go along with making some small cuts on his wrist to quiet the voices. Eventually making the cuts bigger and bigger as the voices continue to go away. Like an itch that you scratch a little and then give into and start tearing at.

I do not like Midna lying to Link about how close they were to a cure. After her talk to Link about him trusting her, it feels a little glossed over that Midna has no issue betraying Link's trust and lying (even if only through omission) about the cure.

And why was everyone confused about the mirror in Link's room? They know he hallucinates, the answer as to what he saw should be obvious.

And as for the last chapter I think you did the horror pretty well. In my opinion there is nothing as terrifying as all those who love you turning against you, and consequently you hurting all those you love. Though to make the odd actions and sudden betrayal of everyone a bit more believable I feel there should have been more emphasis on Link being in a completely deluded and exhausted state.
Heartless demon wolf chapter 16 . 2/8
It's hard to go into such a dark, depressing state for characters you love, I can do it naturally but that's because I'm a serious and dark type of person but the important thing is you're entering into a world you may be unfamiliar in and I'm proud of you for doing all you can.

People don't want to accept reality, that's what fiction is for, personally I like seeing realism in a story, it shows not everything has a happy ending, then again I'm not everyone. It's dark, gritty and dreadful but you'll get through it, just keeping moving forward, out of the dark into the light...though I prefer the dark myself lol.

Won't be long, now you can entering into hopefully the brighter side of the story and be free of this darkness at last, but I love this chapter.
Aura Spirit chapter 16 . 2/8
Ho.
Lee.
Schitt.
That was so dark. I mean, dark to a point where it was almost unenjoyable. I've read some prett dark stuff before, like The Shining and The Demonata, but... Jeez.
I hope the next chapter is slightly less... Extreme. Story's still good though, even if its been soaked in blood this time round.
Arison Nakaru chapter 16 . 2/8
I'm going to guess he has to drink the tears this time, and possibly something to do with the Master Sword as well.
Aura Spirit chapter 15 . 1/25
Damn. This curse is less curse and more crazy-demon-thing. Also, Exorcising? Sounds like a demon to me.
Shorter than other chapters, but still awesome, in some twisted way.
HyliasChosen chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
Executed flawlessly keep up the good work.
Twilit Reviewer chapter 14 . 7/28/2014
Ouch, poor Link. That was rather graphic. Well written to a point at which I can visualise this happening. Whether or not that's a good or bad thing depends on how ill I'll feel later.
Nicely done, and well worth the wait.
Guest chapter 14 . 7/28/2014
This IS BULLSHIT. IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS YOU OVERPOWERED THE CURSE. THE COMBINATION OF THE TRIFORCE OF COURAGE, THE MASTER SWORD, AND LIGJT TEARS SHIULD OF DESTROYED THE CURSE.

REALLY? Link better become strong/Overpowered after the curse is destroyed
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »