Reviews for Some Slick Continental Dude
cy cottick chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
Brrrr... Even after the dreaded vampire hairdresser turns out to be anything but a villain, even after the happy ending, even when you consider that no overt violence or vamp mojo takes place, this is a nicely written story.
Anyone who's seen a friend go into rehab - repeatedly - can appreciate the last chilling line of this story.
oursolemnhour49 chapter 1 . 5/23/2014
Oh my goodness, this was fantastic. We don't get to see the horrors of what the White Court actually does all that much, and this was a great look at how terrifying a presence and force they are. It's a great reminder that these things are indeed monsters and do affect the everyday world and its inhabitants. You characterized Martha really well and gave her a great personality, too. Great job with this!
Phantasm Skye chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Very interesting and well written.
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
We see so much of Tomas as the white court paragon and lara the necessary evil that its easy to forget what the white court does to their victims, this fic brings a victim into the spotlight and does her story justice
Veloren chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Woah.
No seriously. Woah.
I'm impressed. Dresden Files fanfic is rare. GOOD Dresden Files fanfic is even rarer. Good Dresden Files fanfic with an OC protagonist is...
*goes and checks outside for a blue moon*
feathers chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Oh god, this is wonderful. It's exquisitely heartbreaking-you can feel the fear, and I would go on, but I've no idea how to properly review this without sounding completely pretentious, so I'll just say thanks so much for writing this.
Musafreen chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
Oh yes I saw this one on Ao3 and agonized over creating an account before succumbing to laziness.
Let me just list out all the ways in which I loved this;

White Court. Of all the villains in the series, I think they are the ones I'm just- /viscerally/ interested in. (Also Denarians but that's not the point here.) Their entire society and how they are such and incredibly horrific idea wrapped up in a pretty package- argh. I don't know. it just gets to me.

I love your perspective character. A escaped White Court thrall- that just beautifully dipping into the gazillion acres of unexplored territory in the verse. And her- everything about her; the reflex reaction, the fear, the determination- I have rarely read an original character in fanfiction and come away feeling desperately like I want to see more of her.

I also liked how you plunged directly into showing how incredibly scary the White Court is. This whole story gave me a sense of subtle, pervasive kindof horror- it's not exactly over, and it's defintiely understated. But it just creeped into my head and made me think about it, and that made me shudder a little. Definitely not in a good way.

Also on a personal bonus: Thomas! Mentions of him and/or his prettiness make the entire universe brighter. :3 Thomas the hairdresser is even better in that regard.

There might be a continuity error with the timing of Madeline's death, but I barely noticed it (I think I caught it the third time I read it so yeah)-but apart from that, this fic is about as perfect as it can get. I could (and i think i did) spend and entire half-hour reading this.

So thank you. It was a lovely story. :) Sorry if the review was overly long and somewhat nonsensical.
hujwernoo chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
OH! C'est perfect! J'adore quand je lis un point de vue de l'exterieur.

Et ton etranger n'est pas un etranger! Interressant! Elle est tres tragique. Pauvre, pauvre femme.

J'aime cette. Aller dans mes favorites! Continuez d'ecrire, ma amie!
Hernando chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Excellent!
Another show of your prowess, accuracy and skill around the characters without referring to the main themes, I'm hoping to hear more about the white court inner entanglements and how are they dealing now as the only vampire survivors. Please?