Reviews for Potter vs Malfoy: War's End
Patila chapter 21 . 1/5/2008
Probably one of the best fics, no matter what the fandom is ! And I read fics from a lot of fandoms.
Go10 chapter 21 . 11/17/2007
At War's End and Bridging the Gap had two very, very different feels for me.

For me, At War's End was pretty much perfect. I loved everything about it, from the beginning, right down to the ending. I loved the pacing of it, its consistency, loved watching the blossoming relationship b/t Harry and Blaise and Draco and Ginny...loved how you made me so interested in your original characters... I dunno, I just loved [bold]everything[/bold]...I really can't say enough good things about it.

Its sequel, Bridging the Gap, to be honest...I had ambivalent feelings about it. I didn't hate it (far from it!), but I definitely did not love it on the same level as At War's End.

One complaint I have is how the story started out as chiefly Harry, Ginny, Blaise, Draco and then suddenly, in the 11th hour, we get this large dose of Hermione and Ron. I'm really glad you had Ron and Hermione involved in the end...it seemed only right that the people who was with Harry at the very beginning was involved in the final battle, but it seemed so forced, like you just decided one morning to insert these two characters into your plot at the last minute (I'm sure you didn't, but it's what it reads like to me) To rectify this, I think you should try to give Hermione and Ron a few scenes in the beginning in which they interact with one, or two of the main quartet (that being Harry, Ginny Blaise and Draco). Example, put a little scene where Hermione has a one on one talk with Draco or Ron a one on one talk with Blaise. It doesn't have to be a very lengthy conversation (it could be as little as 2-3 lines exchanged even!), just enough so the reader knows they are there. Because to be honest, I kinda forgot about Hermione and Ron and then it kinda floored me when I read that first portion of the last chapter when Hermione got all these lines and starts talking at length. It just kinda feels weird, in any story, for any characters to have little to no interaction with anyone in the first 95 percent of the story to just suddenly come out of left field and just start, participating, you know (I understand that the characters in question are two of the original trio but still...it just didn't read right to me.)?

Also, maybe you should reconsider re-doing the portion of the story where the Death Eaters invade the camp, to Ginny's interaction with Bellatrix Lestrange. I'm sure you can do better, and I mean that as a compliment...really, because while the writing during that part of the story might be adequate, well, more than adequate for a lot of writers...I'm sure that you're capable of writing it out a little better. I felt there could've been more description...that the action around Ginny could've been illustrated more vividly.

Besides this, I really don't know what else to critique at the moment. These are the two things that stick out in my mind the most...

I really hope my critique doesn't get you all mad and ready to kill me lol... It wasn't a bad way to end your 200,0 word saga, and most of my qualms about Bridging the Gap has to do with the first half of it, and not the end (I love your epilogue! You shouldn't have to touch it, I'd say)... but long story short, I felt At War End was like a 12 out of 10 and for me, Bridging the Gap had somehow fell short of the bar you've set for yourself...(8 out of 10, I'd say).

At any rate, I'd just like to say thanks for the read...and as a reader who's always looking for something good to read, I appreciate the hard work you put into this fic.. (5 years..my god! To have a fanfic that started before OOTP and ends after DH...that's just mind boggling to me)

Great job! )
Go10 chapter 13 . 11/16/2007
Congratulations. You've succeeded the first fanfiction to make me really, really confused. I don't think I've ever read a fanfic this mysterious and complicated before.

I mean this as a compliment. I'm going to read on...

All I have to say is that there better be a good explanation behind the avada kedavr-ing...
Go10 chapter 5 . 11/16/2007
Just dropping by to say that I love your story so far. I really love the mystery. I really hope that the culprit is nobody Malfroy related... (
RainbowCrystal chapter 13 . 11/12/2007
All I can say is... wow! This story has an amazing (though admittedly somewhat confusing!) plot and I love the relationships between the characters! One of the best stories I've read on this site. Keep up the good work!
shiningbanana chapter 21 . 11/11/2007
Right now I'm imagining just what it would be like to have a week in which I could do anything I wanted- without anyone remembering. Ah, the possibilities! Why aren't time bubbles real?

I liked how well-planned it was: the time-turners into the future thing was delightfully complicated and brain-bending, and all of the characterization was spot-on. At first it was strange to read about their children- and I was thinking that it was going to get boring after awhile since we already knew how it would end- but then their memories of the future started to disappear and I realized that it wouldn't be exactly the same. And it was brilliant. Good job.
Gi chapter 21 . 10/29/2007
I'm a bit sad. Harry, poor thing. I love your writing.
Azrael chapter 2 . 10/4/2007
Something's rotten in the state of Hogwarts? Try Denmark and you have Hamlet.
randomwithpurp0se chapter 21 . 9/5/2007
hi there. i really enjoyed your story! i re-read it over again from begining to end from the first time I had read it.

I was wondering if you were going to write more about the second generation of potters, weasleys and malfoys? i think that the way you wrote the characters was ingenious and your writing is quite good!

Awsome story! ]
ic3e chapter 21 . 8/29/2007
damn i spent the last few days feeling unsatisfied cuz i didn't see the epilogue for some stupid reason.

damn harry's not well again. awwsh

still

awesome story - things were different.. yet the same.. hehe.. loved it.
Evangeline chapter 21 . 8/11/2007
Oh. My. God.

That was SO cool! You're such a good writer, and I agree with Venus De Omnipotent, it IS more satisfying than the deathly hallows. The ending was so sad... yet very good :D

I really liked the wit in there, you're really hilarious!

Keep the writing up.

-Angel-
VenusDeOmnipotent chapter 21 . 7/30/2007
more satisfying than the deathly hallows :)
LillyRead chapter 21 . 7/28/2007
Bloody awsome

i love the way you potrayed harry and dracos freindship

you didn't have that best buddys thing and it made it far more realistic and more special. This is the best portral of there freindship i have ever read, GO YOU

Now how about updating Bend it like weasley

I dont review often so you dont know me but i have followed all your storys and you are definatly my favorite fanfiction author

Your number 1 fan

africanflame
harrypotterchick4ever chapter 21 . 7/27/2007
tears

it's sad but it must come to an end

loved the epilogue

great story

i understand why it's taken nearly 5 years to finish!
harrypotterchick4ever chapter 20 . 7/27/2007
yay good end

sad that harry will die eventually but won't all of them?
1,332 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »