Reviews for Knights Consort
Tarix chapter 13 . 4/26
Cute little story
Worldmaker chapter 13 . 8/18/2015
This was very well done. An interesting take on an unexpected pairing, and done subtly without fundamentally altering the characters. Bravo.
Fayari chapter 13 . 7/24/2015
Yay! An update to one of my favourite stories on this site. It occurred to me that you have so few reviews for this story. I'd like to think I speak for everyone when I say, thank you for the stories you make. We appreciate your contributions to this site. I don't think we say it nearly enough to the authors that make this site what it is. For me specifically, I enjoy a lot of your Xander fics. BtVS ended roughly twelve years ago, but authors like you keep it alive in our hearts. Thank you Cyclone. You are awesome.
The Fallen Sky chapter 13 . 7/23/2015
Well, well, well... Miss I'm-Not-Attracted-To-Him likes kissing him. A pleasant surprise, to be sure. At least now she knows that there's a chance she and Xander could be a romantic couple. Although, just because she likes kissing him doesn't mean she'd like having sex with him. Of course, the only way to find out is to actually do it. However, I don't see Kennedy just jumping into sex with Xander. Just because she likes kissing him doesn't mean she's gonna be hot and bothered enough to want to rip off his clothes and ride him till he passes out. The logical thing to do would be to continue to progress the physical stuff at a gradual pace. I think a make out session would be a good next step, preferably with some groping. Basically, Kennedy's gotta let Xander round the bases one at a time and see if she's willing to wave him into home plate.

While that sounds nice and reasonable, I have a feeling things won't be that easy. For one, Xander didn't seem too enthused about the kiss. Sure, he didn't hate it, but he didn't react like a man who was kissed by the woman he loves, a woman he didn't think could love him back. In fact, he didn't seem to react at all to the kiss. Maybe he's just trying not to get his hopes up. After all, one kiss does not a relationship make. Or, maybe he's just confused about his feelings for Kennedy. Maybe he loves her but isn't IN love with her.

One huge concern is the reason Kennedy gave for why she chose Xander, why she loves him. I mean, Xander saving her life isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of the depth of her love for him. And if that's the only reason she loves him, because he'd risk life and limb for her, then does she really love him? I get the feeling that Kennedy's reason didn't exactly make Xander's heart swell with love and affection for her. I think Xander wants to be loved for more than his heroics, and if Kennedy doesn't love more about him than that, then this would-be romance is doomed.

I'm really not sure what's going on with Xander. He seemed like he had feelings for Kennedy, and she obviously has feelings for him, which she told him about and just showed him with the kiss. And yet he's acting like he's not interested in her "like that" and that he might be trying to think of a way to let her down easy. I really hope that's not the case, that he does return Kennedy's feelings and wants to be with her, because I'd hate to see Kennedy get her heart broken after all the angsting and her stepping out of her comfort zone precisely because she loves Xander.

Honestly, I don't know where things go from here. Based on the ending of this chapter, it looks like things aren't gonna turn out too well for Kennedy. Then again, maybe Xander is just being stubborn. Whatever the case, I get the feeling that Kennedy might end up talking to Willow before everything's said and done. After all, if anyone would know what's going on with Xander, it'd be Willow. Or, I suppose, Kennedy could talk to Dawn. Either way, it'd be a weird conversation for Kennedy. Speaking of weird, I've been thinking how odd it is that Willow and Xander could both be romantically linked to Kennedy. I can just picture Willow & Xander talking about Kennedy and her preferences in bed.

Anyway, love the update. I'm really glad that Kennedy likes kissing Xander, because that means she's one step closer to being able to have a real romantic relationship with him. I'm also more curious than ever to see where this goes, because I have no idea what's going on with Xander. He's giving off the vibe that he's not exactly thrilled that Kennedy is in love with him. Maybe he's just playing hard to get, or maybe he's really not into her like that. Either way, I can't wait to find out.
dogbertcarroll chapter 13 . 7/23/2015
LOL! Excellent work!
Wonderbee31 chapter 12 . 7/17/2015
Wow, go Ken, though wondering if she's still not got the feeling that she'd like, and it frustrates her more or not?
The Fallen Sky chapter 12 . 7/17/2015
So, Xander's not as dumb or incompetent as he would sometimes appear of have us believe. Gotta admit, I didn't think he'd be able to recognize the smell of a love potion, especially after all these years. However, he was pretty traumatized the last time he was around a love potion, so it's probably burned into his memory. Lucky for both of them, I'd say.

All things considered, Xander handled the whole situation very well. He didn't seem pissed or too disappointed in Kennedy for messing with love magic. Sure, he was surprised and maybe a bit irked that someone with enough sense to know better, like Kennedy, would be screwing around with love magic, but he was pretty understanding. And I actually like that Kennedy didn't freak out about being caught. Her clutching her stuffed, giant Snoopy was kinda cute and showed that while she's tough as nails and brash on the outside, there's still a part of her that's young and immature, especially when it comes to real feelings, particularly when those feelings confuse her. Plus, I think her holding her Snoopy while talking about such a serious subject with Xander helped keep the situation from boiling over. After all, Xander isn't cruel, and if he sees one of his girls is in distress, he tends to go easier on them, tries to be understanding and helpful instead of being self-righteous.

The conversation itself was very well done. Everything that needed to be said was said, and it was done in a very Xander & Kennedy way, very Scooby-esque. Also, I'm glad that, by actually talking with Xander, Kennedy was able to see the flaw in some of her logic and realize that she was being kinda foolish and immature about the whole thing. Of course, the talk itself didn't really resolve anything, or so it would seem. But, at least it's all out in the open. Xander knows how she feels about him and to what lengths she's willing to go because of her feelings. However, we don't really know how Xander feels about her. He could just see her as a friend, the way he sees Willow, or he could be open to the idea of being with her, or he could already be madly in love with her. I guess we'll just have to see how he reacts to her kissing him.

Speaking of Kennedy kissing Xander... It's about fucking time! Pardon my French. You'd think with a bunch of super powered girls who rush headlong into danger on a daily basis and Xander not being one to worry about his own safety, thus rushing into danger right alongside them, there wouldn't be all this pussyfooting around, that Kennedy would've just grabbed him and kissed him a long time ago. Xander probably wouldn't have just grabbed and kissed Kennedy, though, because he'd fear for life and limb if she wasn't receptive. Well, at least she's gone and done something constructive, finally.

Of course, now that they've kissed, all questions will be answered. Either Kennedy will feel something from kissing him, or she won't. If she doesn't feel anything, then they've gotta find some way to deal with her feelings, and possibly his, otherwise things will be very strained and awkward between them. That whole Siberia thing might actually be a viable solution. However, if Kennedy does feel something after kissing him, then they've got a place to start. That doesn't mean she'll instantly be ready to get naked and make the beast with two backs, but at least she'll know that she may, one day, be able to have sweaty naked time with Xander. At this point, I'm hoping Kennedy feels some sort of spark from kissing Xander and that he returns her feelings, because the alternative is much angst and drama and at least one broken heart, probably two. Besides, where do they go if there's no chance for them to have a normal romantic relationship?

Anyway, this is just getting better and better, and I'm dying to know what happens after the kiss. Here's hoping this one kiss leads to many others.

Nicely done, as usual. :)
Twilight Warrior 627 chapter 12 . 7/16/2015
And it finally comes to a head! Can't wait to see more!
BenRG chapter 11 . 7/14/2015
Something tells me that Xander knows the smell of that stuff and he isn't about to let any of his friends mess with it. Especially not after his own bad experiences.
The Fallen Sky chapter 11 . 7/10/2015
Magic? Really, Kennedy? *facepalm*

Okay, I didn't see THAT coming. I know using magic was one of the options she listed in the last chapter, but I thought she was smarter than that. Messing with magic, especially magic dealing with emotions and other people, is a very bad idea. Even Willow, who's an expert with magic, knows better than to do what Kennedy's doing. Granted, Willow has experience with this kind of magic and is well aware of how badly it can turn out, but still.

I'll give Kennedy credit, though, for choosing a relatively innocuous spell and using it on herself. I mean, if something goes wrong, it should only affect her. Plus, it's not like she's making herself love Xander, because she already does. And, she's not making herself Xander's personal sex slave for life, so that's good. However, I can't believe she even considered the whole sex slave thing, however briefly.

I've gotta wonder, though, how she got some of Xander's hair. If she wanted to make sure it was Xander's, she'd have to get it right from his head, otherwise there would always be a chance that it might be someone else's hair, another girl's or possibly even another guy, like Giles. And if Kennedy got hair from Xander's head, how did she do it, just rip it out, or did she cut some off while he was sleeping or something? Either way, she'd have to have done it so he wasn't aware she'd done it.

Okay, the big question, why did Xander bust into Kennedy's room? Was it as simple as there was a big bad that needed slaying, hence the axe, and he was rushing to tell Kennedy so they could take care of it? Or, did Xander find out that Kennedy was messing with magic and decided to bust into her room and stop her, and he felt he might need some protection in case she'd whammied herself with magic and went psycho like when Xander messed with a love spell back in high school? Or, maybe Xander found out that Kennedy was messing with magic and decided to scare her straight by pretending to be crazy obsessed with her, hence the axe? Or, maybe Kennedy got the spells wrong, and she ended up doing something to Xander, hence the axe and who knows what?

There are just too many possibilities to narrow it down. I'm just really hoping that the spell doesn't/hasn't backfired, because that could be very bad, for everyone. Hmm, maybe Kennedy is just dreaming all this, the spell stuff, not being in love with Xander. That could be very interesting if it's just a dream, because maybe Kennedy will have sex with Xander in the dream without needing the spell.

In any case, I hope Kennedy doesn't use the spell, because I think it's disingenuous. Yeah, it's kind sweet that she loves Xander so much that she's willing to use magic on herself so she can be with him physically as well as emotionally. However, I don't know that Xander would like the fact that she had to resort to magic in order to want him. Personally, I think he'd rather just stay friends than to know that she couldn't love him the way he wants/needs on her own. But that's just my opinion.

Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter. I gots to know what's gonna happen next! :)
Wonderbee31 chapter 11 . 7/9/2015
Well, that was a quick bit there, and will look forward to what's up with the dramatic entrance from Xander.
You Are A Trip chapter 11 . 7/9/2015
Really!? You're just going to leave us hanging like that!?
The Fallen Sky chapter 10 . 7/4/2015
Hmm, figured Faith wouldn't do anything with Kennedy. Although, I still believe it has more to do with the fact that Faith cares about Xander and doesn't want to hurt him, in any way, than it does about Faith being strictly a fan of the meat rod. And I don't think Kennedy is as disappointed as she appears that Faith turned her down. After all, she's finally admitted to herself that she loves Xander, and I can't see her hooking up with anyone other than Xander until she's resolved things with him, one way or the other.

That said, I like that Kennedy is thinking of options as to how to deal with her situation. Of course, I think she's ignoring a couple of the most obvious ones. For instance, she could try, you know, actually talking to Xander, telling him how she feels and getting his input on things, seeing if he feels the same way about her, or if it's just one-sided. If he doesn't feel the same way about her as she does about him, then she's free to do anything she can to help her gets past her feelings. However, if he does feel the same way, they can try to figure out what to do about it together. That might include some experimenting with various levels of physical intimacy, like kissing to start and then see where things go from there. Or maybe they determine that there's just no chance they can be together romantically, and decide to go their separate ways. Either way, they can do it together, and that'll make it so much easier on the both of them. Of course, that'd be too easy and obvious, wouldn't it?

Personally, I'm a fan of them talking about it or of Kennedy just kissing Xander and seeing how or even if she reacts to it. I figure Xander wouldn't mind being kissed by her, whether he has feelings for her or not. Either option is direct and would give her the answers she's looking for. It'd certainly be better than her torturing herself over what to do.

As for the options Kennedy mentioned, she could just up and leave. I get that she's worried about who would look out for Xander when she's gone, but she could always ask Faith to do it. As I said, I think Faith genuinely cares about Xander, as a friend, and would step in to make sure nothing happened to him. Also, Faith might end up making a move on Xander, which would help him get over Kennedy.

The magic options are just bad ideas, especially since Xander is involved. Xander and magic just don't mix. Besides, Willow would never go for using magic to help Kennedy resolve her issues/feelings for Xander, both because she would never do that to Xander, and because she's tried that kind of thing herself in the past with disastrous results. Also, amateurs, like Kennedy, shouldn't try messing with magic, especially love/lust spells. Again, since Xander is involved, she'd probably end up making herself his eternal love slave or making herself fall in love with someone other than Xander, like Andrew.

Turning Xander into a woman, while funny, is just wrong. If it's done via surgery, I doubt he'd be very attractive, which would defeat the purpose, since Kennedy is already not attracted to him physically. Using magic to make him a girl would make more sense, but he would not be happy about it, which again would defeat the purpose.

Yeah, Kennedy needs to woman the hell up and either talk to Xander, lay it all out there, or she's gotta get physical, just grab him and kiss him. Of course, the second option will undoubtedly lead to talking, too, but at least she'd know if there's any chance that she might eventually be able to have a physical relationship with him. A kiss can tell you a lot about your compatibility with someone, and if she likes kissing him, then there's a glimmer of hope, but if she hates kissing him or simply feels nothing, then she can feel better about ending whatever it is that's going on between them no matter how she has to do it.

You know, maybe Xander will help her out and be the one to kiss her or initiate the talk, thus taking the burden off of her. Or, maybe Kennedy will get drunk as she struggles to deal with the situation, and she'll end up having sex with Xander. Granted, that would probably just make things more complicated, but it would certainly be interesting. Plus, drunken sexcapades would fit in nicely with the perpetually messed up love lives of the Scoobies.

Anyway, nicely done, and I really can't wait to see how this ends.
Cotto chapter 10 . 7/3/2015
I cannot stop laughing! She's seriously considering using a love potion on this fellow she wants to get OUT of her head? This is spectacular!
You know, the idea of a Slayer who's also involved in magic of some sort is kind of funny- and a rather brilliant idea- but in many fanfics, and I don't know about yours, Sir, but in many of them- Kennedy is portrayed as being brought up Catholic, and this would definitely be a "no-no" to do: contacting the mafia of Eternity for favors- that only leads to oneself being a slave to them. The reason for that is that the Mob Never lets you out of their debt, and they Always work it out so that You're indebted to them Forever- hence their slave! NO Wonder she said that she never said they were Good options.
I have another option for her: focus on loving him as a brother, and wrestle her attraction into something proper, even with the mental argument of "He won't consent, and I am NOT a rapist!" (or the like of an argument) as a suggestion of friendship and support.
Simply put: this is spectacular, and you, Sir, are brilliant- simply flat-out brilliant!
Signed:
Cotto, your fan.
Twilight Warrior 627 chapter 10 . 7/2/2015
Awwwwwww! That's all I can really say. It would've been nice to see what Kennedy thought on the inside on the show but it's nice to see an interesting story with a character that wasn't truly fleshed out.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »