Reviews for Wings of Liberty
KyliaQuilor chapter 4 . 9/1/2014
hm...Intriguing.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/26/2014
what is going on? What did Ramsay do?
Eipok chapter 4 . 6/25/2014
There's not enough of this story to satisfy me. There will likely never be enough. Write more!

Also, I dearly hope that Nurgle is able to establish a foothold in the Terrans. Grandpappy Nurgle has plenty of love for everyone.
RandomReader chapter 4 . 4/16/2014
I wonder what comes next. The Terrans allying with the Imperium seems unlikely. They won't take well to the Imperiums "Worship our god and bow to our rule or die" policy towards other humans.
The hyper-fascist religious zealots of the Imperium will not get along well with a ruler that actually plans to step down and make way for democracy. They will like even less that he bears the title emperor. Imagine someone saying to an imperial: "I am emperor x of y...". That's practically begging for a really unpleasant death...
Defender55 chapter 4 . 4/17/2014
Great first few chapters! I think it'd be interesting if you did include Raynor-don't know what others think, but it'd make the story even better to me.

Perhaps you could include Protoss characters too? Because unlike the Dominion, the Protoss actually have technology that even the Imperium would somewhat fear. Although considering the atmosphere of 40K, the Imperium would probably then attempt to crucify the Terrans for collaborating with Xenos. But maybe you could make it work.

Great take on Valerian, though.

And I do agree that the Imperium and Dominion should be allies, or at least reconcile after some initial mistrust. I can totally imagine Logan Grimnar, for example, (of the Space Wolves) allying with the Terrans, especially since he was willing to directly antagonize a Lord-Inquisitor (who purged all the "tainted" residents of a star system) and the entire Grey Knights Chapter during the First War for Armageddon.

And in ground combat, from what I've seen, the Terran marines would be weaker than space marines, but only by a bit. I think people tend to overestimate the capabilities and height of the Space Marines, who are canonically 7-8 feet tall. (Terran marines look about the same height)
Space marine armor is good, but Terran Gauss Spikes don't lack for firepower either...in fact, I think their guns' (Bolter and C-14) muzzle velocities are both "Hypersonic," which would mean the only difference would be that while Gauss spikes are .30 caliber size, Bolter rounds are .75 caliber and explosive. (which, to be sure, is still more powerful)
And if you compare their armor, Terran Marines have neosteel and plasteel; space marines have plasteel and some adamantium;
So, I'm just saying, the difference is still there, but it's not as great as people automatically assume.

Anyways, great story overall, and I hope you update soon. Looking forward to seeing where it goes from here, and who the Terrans end up having to fight. Guess you could say that I'm wondering what the "Emperor's Will" for the Terrans is. Haha.
guest chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
Gonna slightly disagree with the guy a bit below me; in space, 40k tends to be much more powerful than SC (though it depends on your interpretation of yields), but their ground forces are actually fairly even, pound for pound.
edboy4926 chapter 3 . 3/15/2014
Good chapter.
alienvx0 chapter 2 . 3/7/2014
The story is still new, and there isn't much to see yet, so it has great promise. Grammar is good and the story structuring is decent as well so no complaints there. However there is one rather major problem. I've been scanning the two chapters over and over, and it seems like the only ships mentioned are the Explorer class Science Vessels. You did not mention just what ship Valerian, Philips or Rohan were on. I'm going to assume that they are on a Battlecruiser since it has a Yamato Cannon.

That brings me to the next point. I do hope you have done your research on the sheer scale of Warhammer 40,000 While I am a fan of both SC and 40k, in my opinion nothing in SC even comes close to the brutality of 40k ground and space combat. The difference in ship sizes is also pretty damn big. To put things in perspective, a Terran battlecruiser is usually portrayed to be around half a kilometer in length. In contrast, Imperial escort ships are anywhere between 700 meters to 2km long. I don't think I even need to talk about cruisers, battleships, and the overpowered ships of the other 40k factions (*cough* Necrons *cough). A single cannon broadside or lance barrage from an Imperial cruiser should pin cushion a battlecruiser.

In my opinion the only way I can see the Terrans surviving in the grim darkness of 40k is for them to somehow ally with the Imperium. Given the many gigatons of firepower thrown about hourly in 40k, it's quite hard to say how much damage a Yamato Cannon would do. Anyways, it's certainly possible for the Terrans to ally with the Imperium since they don't really have a nice history with aliens either. Although it's also equally possible for the Imperium to label the Terrans as heretics for refusing to worship the God-Emperor.

It's your call really. Just do remember that in a fight, be it space or ground combat, the chances of the Terrans winning are pretty damn slim.
CookieMonsta1233 chapter 2 . 3/1/2014
I would love it if the Dominion and the Imperials had a good relationship instead of hating each other like most fics, it gets boring after a while
Jouaint chapter 2 . 2/28/2014
There is quite literally not a single ship in ALL of Warhammer 40kthat would even begin to be fazed by 10 Yammato cannons.
edboy4926 chapter 2 . 2/28/2014
Good chapter
edboy4926 chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
Good intro
Looking forward to more
Is there a chance that Valerian's faction could ally with the Imperium?
Also, would Terran medical be advanced enough to heal the Emperor, at least the Ultramarine Primarch.