Reviews for The miner's wife
Cashmere unexpectedly turned out to be my favorite part of this fic. I loved the way the character was revealed to us slowly. I would love to read more of this character.

It's interesting that this Katniss is shrewder, more mature, and has far more social skills than her younger canon counterpart, but I think, by taking away her most notable canon personality flaws (and they're flaws that don't necessarily disappear with age or marriage), she's become a bit of a Mary Sue. It's especially noticeable because every character seems to think she's awesome and super special, despite not doing anything particularly noteworthy compared to the other main characters. Moments like when she bests both Peeta and Haymitch at poker, despite being a novice, and impresses Finnick with her super awesome swimming abilities, it's a bit...in the words of Johanna, hard to swallow. Her story and character would have been much stronger had we seen her work through her flaws in the story. As it is, she's rather flat. She doesn't get any character development beyond working through her grief and loving Peeta, which isn't character development at all, really.

I also think Katniss willingly having a child is quite OOC, though I get that it was necessary for the premise. I can see her having oopsie babies and even being worn down into marry Gale, but I can't see her asking for children when the Games are on and when she can barely feed her family. Katniss is a slave to her emotions, but she's also practical and ruled by fear, above all. That's why it took 15 years in canon for her to agree to have children. I find it hard to believe that being a mother and married to Gale somehow changed all that.
alwaysNaruHina chapter 26 . 2/17
good work, thanks for writing this atory
Superstar309 chapter 26 . 1/29
I really enjoyed this story!
Sesshomaru's Filly chapter 26 . 11/7/2016
Thank you for such a wonderful fic ) you did such a wonderful job on the entire thing, and the character development was wonderful. Sad to see it go but you tied it together nicely .
Guest chapter 17 . 10/12/2016
Love this story
PrettyLu chapter 26 . 8/17/2016
I know I'm late commenting on this fic but just wanted to tell you it's great ! I have not stopped reading and although the end was open end up with the hope that they if they will be together and forming his new family, made me laugh, happy and shed an occasional tear out there, but it's still a wonderful story. :)
Edwardlover752 chapter 17 . 7/15/2016
Not going to lie, Cashmere's intense love for her child made me cry. Mother's love knows no bounds. Thanks for sharing this amazing story!
Lizardphobia chapter 26 . 4/24/2016
I love slow burn type stories, and am so glad you took the time to properly flesh out your characters. You did a remarkable job, it was such a pleasure to read this story. :)
Lizardphobia chapter 18 . 4/23/2016
I must admit I really disliked Katniss in this chapter. She came across as selfish to me, and perhaps because we've already been treated to chapters and chapters of Peeta's selfless love for her, I just wished she could have cut him a break. Poor Peeta. :(
SlytherinFromTheSeam chapter 6 . 4/7/2016
I love this story, I read it on AO3 because I like the dirty parts. I was devastated when it was over!
marizpe chapter 26 . 2/4/2016
I like the story very much!
I must say that I was affraid of reading this story, ehen I read the summary, and see that Peetawas the only victor and was a Capitol prostitute and Katniss was Gales widow, I dont know, I dont wanted to see Peeta suffering.
But with more than 1000 reviews I have to give it a chance. And it was a great story, I finished reading it in 3 days.
You made a wonderful job keeping their personalities, I was surprise to know more about Cashmere and Gloss, and you were right, if the capitol sold the sibblings they probably made them slept together.
I would love that the epiloge was longer enough yo see the ebd of the Capitol and all the victors free (and not dead). But it was a good final.
Thanks for sharing the story!
PrettyLu chapter 26 . 1/20/2016
Oh my God! This fanfic is great! I know my review is late but could not stop commenting on how great it is! I read fanfic where Peeta is the victor and subject to the demands of the Capitol, but never Katniss and Gale married whit kids! Congratulations to this amazing work. I love it ;)
Guest chapter 26 . 1/14/2016
Great story I wish there was more
tracey2.0 chapter 26 . 1/15/2016
Real sorry I kept passing this story up but I'm so glad I finally took the time to read. Only one problem I was there was more. Maybe a epilogue
dandelionsandroses chapter 26 . 1/8/2016
A really enjoyable fic, I do have to say. Thank you for sharing your version of Victor!Peeta with us!
1,073 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »