Reviews for Collateral Damage
mrspencil chapter 1 . 6/29
Again, a fascinating angle on the relationships:-)
Convenient Alias chapter 1 . 6/10
I like this fic. Someone really does need to warn Sherlock to be careful of John, although I think he already tries. And I like Sherlock flashing back to seeing John at his grave, and that Sholto, as John's old commanding officer, has insights that even Sherlock doesn't.
TakedaEmo120 chapter 1 . 10/19/2015
Brilliant!
ElleMe chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
Beautifully written! Not many writers can capture the love and intimacy of John and Sherlock's relationship and still keep it platonic and genuine, but you did it wonderfully! Loved it :)
JolieBlack chapter 1 . 5/11/2015
You already know that I love this story - it's so unusual, how it focuses on John and the Major, but it says SO much about John. I also love the fact that Sherlock just shuts up and listens, for once. He's really done a huge lot of growing up over the course of season 3.
Since this story is already in the Canon Addicts collection over at AO3, are you OK with it if I grab it for the sister community here on the site as well? And "Simple Procedure", too?
Jolie
JuliaBC chapter 1 . 2/9/2015
Oh, perfectly summed up. Sherlock would not let John become that. Wonderful.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
Wow, I knew you wrote good Harry Potter, but kiddo you do Sherlock proud too Love it
Xin0Lan chapter 1 . 1/7/2015
Well goodness me! That was quite a punch in the gut feeling. Sherlock certainly felt the seriousness of Sholto's words especially when he knew about the man's past and added to John's years without Sherlock.
Well done.
Wynsom chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
Brilliantly humanizing and poignant on so many levels! Wonderful character study within the BBC canon!
Writer's-BlockDP chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
I just rewatched this episode earlier today, and this conversation fits perfectly with the events described. It's something that Sherlock has never had to think about because he's never had someone who would do that for him, so I'm sure it came as quite the shock. Very well written, and something that I didn't think about when watching it myself. Thanks for sharing, and I love the insights :)
i regret this chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
Once again, a beautiful piece of work that shows wisdom and skill. However, I don't think Sherlock is as jealous as all that, nor would he regret saving anyone. After all, that's what he admires so much in John, as he stated repeatedly in his speech, and I think it was the desire to follow his example that ultimately lead him to shoot Magnussen. Additionally, he has all the reason in the world to hate and envy Mary but he clearly doesn't. Ergo, he wouldn't regret saving Sholto's life. Aside from that, I love this story and enjoyed it very much.
White Wyrsa chapter 1 . 8/6/2014
You made me feel very good by this one)
Whatching the end of the episode TSoT I felt sharply how everything changed. Changed in a good way, but in sad one too. But you reminded me what was (and IS through all those decades of fandom) the best in that parting - that promice of the best friendship living on.
sevenpercent chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
this is an astute observation- and one of the few stories to handle Shloto with the respect he is due. Excellent writing!
hjohn302 chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
Oh this is so wonderful. Somehow I haven't gotten to read much of your recent work and am so glad I ran across this today.

Thank you for a wonderful story and a bit of a missing scene from the episode. (and the bit at the end, describing what was going on in Sherlock's head as he walked away)

Great job with this! :)
englishtutor chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
Ah, this was beautifully done. I loved your description of Sholto's eyes "unafraid of life even as they carried the weight of the world." And then leveling his gaze on Sherlock with his "x-ray vision". And then closing them at the memory of collateral damage. Nicely done!

I also loved that you had John and Mary on either side of Sherlock, pulling him back into the festivities together. Thanks for writing this-it's lovely!