Reviews for Without a Trace
See180movie.com chapter 11 . 8/14
M.B. Anchor,
I'm so happy to have found your story again! I lost both its name and yours till just a couple days ago.
Keep up the good writing! As to my guesses on the shadowy figure, I need to go re-read older chapters to re-come up with my suspicions...:(...not that re-reading is going to be any kind of displeasure. :)
God bless!
Brightpath2 chapter 11 . 8/16
Lucky break? Them? hmmm . . . . only time will tell . . . . . . .
Great chapter!
MiddleEarthSherlockian chapter 11 . 8/11
Still. Love. This. Story. So much! :D I can't wait to see what happens next
C.M. Singer chapter 11 . 8/4
Ooooooooh! Can't wait to see what happens. I'm glad you haven't given up on this story. I really like your descriptions and writing style. You're an amazing author. Please update soon! :)
LadyOfAnfalas chapter 11 . 8/3
That was a good chapter. The writing style and flow has definitely improved. I'm eagerly anticipating the next chapter.
catherine10 chapter 11 . 7/29
good please keep writing i love legolas/aragorn bromance
feuilleblanche chapter 11 . 7/29
Bien sûr que c'est pardonner ! Maintenant, t'a plus qu'a mettre les chapitres suivants, jusqu'au dernier ! Bonne chance pour la suite ! ;)
Ragnelle chapter 11 . 7/29
It has been a while since I read any Legolas&Aragorn friendship/angst stories, and though I am rather indifferent to Legolas as a character, I love Aragorn, the summary of this drew me in. In particular the first two sentences caught my attention and they worked well.

There were a few places where the writing lost me and I began skimming, mostly in the beginning. In particular it was Legolas' reminiscings which made me impatient enough to start skimming, together with some of the banter. While I see why you included it, it did not quite work for me. It might have been the way it was written (at least the reminiscings - banter is always a hit-and-miss thing since not everyone will have the same humour). To me the descriptions of Mirkwood's troubles became too quickly and summary to draw me in, but at the same way too long and melodramatic. I mean, the events _are_ dramatic, but I was not able to feel the drama. Either keeping it shorter, with the "less is more" ideal, or expanding on, for instance, Huledin's death so that we see the event and not just Legolas remembering it, can both be ways of making it stand out more.

The tension in the first chapters where Legolas begin searching for Aragorn, and the mystery of what had happened to him, kept me reading and worked well. And Aragorn is suitably stoic/stubborn under torture.

There were, however, things in the plot which drew me out of the story and made me question the actions of some of the characters.

One has to do with the time-span. Aragorn has been missing for two weeks, but Legolas is the first to think of Bree as the place to gather information? I would think that would be the first place for the rangers to look, and, since they are more experienced than Legolas, I find it strange that they would not found anything if they went to Bree, while Legolas happens upon the culprits almost at once. I also wondered at why Legolas simply did not leave a note with Barlyman, rather than trusting him to remember a rather long message when the man admitted to a flawed memory.

Time was also an issue with another plot-point which had me wonder: why did not Aragorn try to escape sooner? Or, at least, why did it take him so long to come up with the relatively simple plan of trying to knock out his tormentor with a rock? He would have been in better shape to escape early on, and have his wits in better shape when he had not been tortured for two weeks already. Of course, he might have been closer guarded/bound earlier, but nothing in the story suggested to me that his ability to find a stone came from a lapse in vigilance on his captors' part.

Two other plot-points had me scratching my head, and they are somewhat related. One is the motivation of the men to destroy en elven realm. While the back-story of loss is tragic, and I agree that loss can make people bitter and vengeful, these men's desire to destroy and inflict pain seems to me too arbitrary. One thing is if they blame the world in general and lash out at whoever happens to cross their path, but that does not mesh with a patient planing against Rivendell.

The other problem I had with Joash's plan, is that I can't believe he has enough men to be a serious threat to Rivendell, and even less to Mirkwood. He can, of course, be lying to Legolas, but I would expect Legolas to rather call him on his bluff than believe him.

Despite this, the story also delivers what the genre promise: lots of hurts, and in the last chapters also the promise of comfort for our heroes.
feuilleblanche chapter 10 . 7/19
Ça fait presque un mois que j'attends, tu mettras la suite quand ? Car j'ai hâte que tu la mettes, elle est très bien ! Bon courage pour la suite.
Brightpath2 chapter 10 . 6/30
AGH! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! O_O
G-good chapter? Thank you for placing them both into this lovely nearly impossible situation.
ZazouloveMatt chapter 10 . 6/26
OOOh but I love this chapter's end ! It's perfect ! I hope the next chapter will come soon !
LadyOfAnfalas chapter 10 . 6/20
Hello again! I'm glad you've come back and really hope you complete the story.
In this chapter, the flow, pacing, word choice, and SPaG were all excellent. However, there was rather too much drama. The constant descriptions of the characters' anger and other strong emotions got a bit old after a while. Also, when the plans for Rivendell were first told to Legolas, why did he think only of the plants and animals instead of first of all thinking of the elves who would die? As for the actual plot, I don't really think l'm qualified to criticize or praise it because I very seldom read Aragorn and Legolas friendship, angst-heavy fics, or torture fics anymore, but I'm still looking forward to the rest of this one.
ZazouloveMatt chapter 9 . 4/25
nooo ! there isn't the next chapter ! why? please T.T
Oh why I never cheked the udapte date...
please come back, Aragorn is diying...
MiddleEarthSherlockian chapter 9 . 4/24
Amazing story! I love how you portray the characters, I think that's how they would act in these situations. Great detail, wonderful plot! Can't wait for the next chapter to be out!
(P.S. Sorry for my last comment, I screwed up -_-)
MiddleEarthSherlockian chapter 1 . 2/9
Hey everyone! I was hoping some of you could check out my LoTR story on my account? I'm new here in Fanfiction, but not new to writing. Spread the word. The story is the only one on my account so far, so just click on my account pic! Thanks a lot, and PLEASE review!
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »