Reviews for Always
biodegraded chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
I sort of liked 3rd person past tense better! This first person and present tense stuff is hard to get used to, since it's a very uncommon form seen in writing!
arysani chapter 12 . 6/10/2008
"Uh, yeah," Revius says. "And everything I've seen of Fanel indicates a level-headed youth who would never let emotion overtake strategic planning."

Great line. I heart Revius. Almost as much as Alucier...

And wonderful fabulous shippy fluffy lovely ending :) Now I definitely have to reread "Intrigues" (and maybe there'll be more chapters by the time I get around to it? *g*), just to keep the flow going.

Also, I really enjoyed how you dealt with Dryden's departure. My impression of Eries and Dryden was always (at least, how I always wrote it) that Eries was suspicious of him at best, how he seemed to fall all over her sister who, despite her choice of crushes, Eries still protected vehemently, and Dryden's easy flirtatious manner brought out that protectiveness, as though there were intentions there she couldn't quite put her finger on. But in the end, she was on his side, just...not so everyone noticed. Then I started to read Eries fic, and realized that she didn't have to be such a bihotch, the aptly named "ice princess" - she COULD have real interactions with people...and now I'm not sure where I'm at with her in some places.

Did you ever do that one-off Alucier story? Because I may have failed to mention that I heart him too :)
arysani chapter 11 . 6/10/2008
Now, see, I will have to go back and re-read "Intrigues" because I feel the need to see this entire cycle to it's conclusion.

That reunion was wonderful. I'm so jealous of how you write Allen and Eries, especially now that I've started to try (not really meaning to go that into them, as it was supposed to be Eries and Folken, but somehow Allen can't stop stealing the limelight!) and I realize that with such loose borders of their relationship, there is so much freedom, and at the same time, without a certain amount of rules, it's hard to do it while staying in canon!

And I've also realized that even though I rewatched the series a very short time ago (punctuated by rewatches of "Dangerous Wounds" and "Fateful Vows" for a D/M fic I'm working on), there was a LOT that I had forgotten...maybe I should start again? Hehe.
Guest chapter 2 . 6/9/2008
"A tall guy in a dark cape dripping mood all through the hall" - love it! He is. I mean, the mysterioso of the character when he first shows up, I was totally pulled in. (Like Buykara (?sp) of Bleach, seeings as I've only seen the first "season"...he shows up, kicks some ass, and leaves, with barely a word. That kind of silence just BEGS to be pulled into!)

And I enjoy the bit about sleeping in "on purpose this time" - that wouldn't perhaps refer to the Allen-and-Eries bit from "Girl", would it? Because that's what I got from it, and found it amusing that you brought it up in her character so offhandedly with the sarcasm and everything. That is, if that IS what she is thinking of there.

Sidenote: have also just discovered that it was your gallery in BFUM that had me in STITCHES whilst I was seeking an appropriate Allen image to send to my friend who'd never seen the series that there was pretty to be had in Escaflowne. I swear I may never have laughed so hard or continuously in my life. At least, not at screencap captioning. There was laugh-snorting! And I discovered this by finally visiting your shrine, and find that your sense of humour in general is quite fabulous. Espescially the "in the defense of Allen" bits. Killer. Thanks for the laughs :)
arysani chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
The first person switch-up is definitely interesting. But it also seems to work rather well - since we know, basically, what's going on with everyone else in the series, we don't necessarily need their perspectives. I like it.

Alucier! As I said, I developed a crush. Glad to see him back. Even if he's not getting any from Eries like the extra special appendix suggested, haha.

Can't wait to see how everything else unfolds from her POV. :)
AmethystWings chapter 12 . 6/19/2006
Throughout the story I enjoyed reading it. Once again, I congratulate you on a job well done with this second part in the Girl trilogy. This last part in the chapter with Celena and the water bucket was hilarious! I am glad that the Eries/Allen relationship improved. You don't find many stories about Eries that give the insight about her that you do. Your writing is very good in my opinion.
Fanelian chapter 12 . 10/1/2005
My good lord! How did it come to pass an entire year before I read this, I don't Know. Even though It might be futile reviewing so late, I cannot abstain. Girl, YOU rock! Once again, your characters are so human and your settings so credible, it's just the best fanfiction I've read. congratulations

- Mary-chan
j chapter 12 . 2/22/2005
I LOVE your fan fics. This was brilliant...I have no words...just TOO freakin brilliant! Thank you _
Corri chapter 12 . 12/10/2004
After not having time to finish this fic for a very long while, I finally got around to it tonight. It was worth the wait. Your grasp of the characters, your witty dialogue, your feeling for how relationships work... brilliant. This is easily one of my favorite fanfics ever.
Kenta Divina chapter 11 . 10/14/2004
I figured something out while rereading. I think part of the reason I symathise with Eries so much, is that I've spent the good part of the last 3 years of my life in the exact same kind of relationship. If you REAALY want to get into it - my personal ongoning torment has been going on since 8th grade.

Hm, do you want any ideas?
Kenta Divina chapter 12 . 10/11/2004
Waho! I found you yet again! Such a wonderful chapter - again and again and again. I have this urge to go back and reread your stories. But I have blasted midterms to study for. Evil!

Please please please keep up the good work!
Dark Flame chapter 12 . 10/8/2004
This will probably be the last review signed by Dark Flame as I (finally) have a pin name, Ghost Flame. Anyway, I have been (literally) rereading both of your fanfics and I have never really given detailed reviews. I love them. They are absolutly beautifully written and will rounded. You manage to potray each character with detail and care which made me really care about them in return. I'm really looking foreword to your next installment. The way you write Allen and Eries is wonderful.

Also, as a side note, I have been curious about the ages of your original characters in relation to Allen and Eries. I asumed that Revius is fairly close to their age but I am curious about Alucier and Sita (I can't remember how to spell her full name). Altough I'm generally not a fan of original characters, they are potrayed with the same care and I became found of them. Perhaps I'm the only Alucier/Sita shipper there is (I hope that thought doesn't deserb anyone) but I still hope they get together! Alucier is awsome, Revius amusing in a perverted way, and Sita, though at first I though that I would not like her, she really grew on me to a point that I like her as much as the others.

Thank you for reading my ramblings months after you posted the last (and very excellent) chapter to "Always..."
Mistress Noin chapter 12 . 8/29/2004
Beautiful, dude. Just amazing.

Ack, I can't believe it's really over! Of course, you know that I will be waiting for the third installment!

Thanks for an awesome reading experience! Allen and Eries forever!
Wintermute chapter 12 . 8/9/2004
What is there to say? The last chapter is just about everything we've come to expect from you. Very, very good. Especially the verbal sparring among the distinct gentlemen members of the Order of Heaven :) The last scene at the Schezars' estate is also touching without being sugary - no mean feat, by any account.

We'll be waiting to see whatever's next up. Whether it's "Fortune's Fool" or Alucier one-shots, it's bound to be interesting; so we'll be there.
Seiii chapter 12 . 7/26/2004
I am now in a state of happy bliss...thank you so much for finishing this! Definitely looking forward to the 3rd installment! And in case no one has told you this recently: Alucier *REALLY* rocks!