Reviews for The Only One
CacoNya chapter 1 . 3/20/2017
I really love your story, they are too cute and Erik.. ah~ this Valentine's day is perfect.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/11/2016
Argh the cuteness, my heart!
icanhearthedrums chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
LOVE
Pinipy chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Oh my actual god. This is the first x-man fanfic I have ever written and already I want more! Your sentences have a layer of depth that I can't even begin to explain.

I haven't seen a single mistake, which is really good, and everything fits perfectly.

I think the idea of an "all human no powers" x-man fic is perfect.
persevera chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
This is so cute, with composed, scholarly Charles Xavier all atwitter like a crushing teenage girl.
Some of his reflections on Erik were really funny, like how his features were so sharp they might cut his razor, if, that is, he shaved at all and didn't just naturally have the perfect stubble.
That intensity and misanthropy, however, would probably only be exciting for so long. At some point people need other people and then it's best if the person you're with doesn't scare them away.
[I was terrified. I was hopeful. I was terrified because I was hopeful.]- I loved the rhythm and playful anxiety in this passage- really fun.
The scene where Erik helped Charles with his cuffs was so sensual. They would have been so close, almost touching but not quite. I really liked it.
It was a fun twist that Erik hadn't realized that it was Valentine's Day, it being a Christian holiday. But he still understood the significance it would have to Charles and adopted his enthusiasm readily.
They're a sweet AU couple.
Thorkone chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
You perfectly caught the angst and anxiety of a first date - the fumbling with his tie and cuffs were such a great detail, as was being concerned about the length of his hair.

I did not see the twist, and you totally had me because for a minute I thought 'oh dear god, this is going to be unrequited and poor Charles is going to look and feel the fool'. I'm so glad there was equal parts mortification.

I also held my breath when Erik asked if that's what Charles wanted because I was worried that it would lead to rejection.

At any rate - this was lovely all the way through, and gave me feels. WELL DONE!
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
Yes, I did see the main twist coming ;-) At least, I was pretty much hoping for it, because it would have seemed way out of character for Erik suddenly to go smoochy on February 14th...

"across the top his wrist" - typo

You manage to sound convincingly 'British' with "That sounds lovely" ;-)

Favourite line: "I could handle 'friends', had been handling it very well for quite some time". Poignancy, resignation, the denied implication that maybe he *hasn't* been coping with it all that well...

"features so deliciously sharp that it's a wonder he doesn't cut his razor" - this image didn't work for me, either as an evocation of attractiveness or as humour (whereas the idea of his intimidating stubble into submission with a glare in the mirror was both an effective piece of characterisation and an amusing aside). I've heard 'cheekbones sharp enough to cut yourself on' - though it's never struck me as especially appealing, possibly because I was born that way myself! - but the extended metaphor here just felt over the top.