Reviews for To be a Spartan
Guest chapter 10 . 8/19/2016
love it please continue
Tenchi Knight chapter 10 . 7/19/2016
So far this work is brilliant. I can't wait for the next chapter!
CaptainKodak chapter 10 . 7/8/2016
Great chapter! And you should definitely cover everything!
Commander Teizan chapter 2 . 6/6/2016
Kaine/Klare would not tell Lasky who she'd only first talked to a few days ago her almost entire life story, including classification levels where ONI would 'silence' people. With very few exceptions.

Personally I only saw her telling him "You don't need to know.", Regardless of how he felt about it.

Finally; paraphrasing and completely copying off that comic makes the whole storytelling bit incredibly boring anyway and the story would have been better if it'd been drastically shortened or left out entirely.

So really, "You don't need to know" would have been perfect.

Just remembered; the same applies for the entire forward unto dawn movie section, chapter one. If you're not going to have any originality your fanfic just isn't worth reading. I got no enjoyment out of any of these first two chapters.
Mr turtle chapter 10 . 6/1/2016
I've seen shitter fan fictions get more favs, follows and reviews. People clearly cannot see what a good author you are. Keep up the good work and update soon.
Geheim chapter 2 . 4/10/2016
You're a fellow soldier, and yet you have Klare disobey an order from a squad leader just because she wants too. Really?
Going on the assumption that Klare is based off you, or who you want to be (that's what people often do with OCs, especially if there's only one), I do not mean to insult you with this review or anything.
Klare just isn't being soldierly at all with that decision and has a very overblown sense of her own importance.

She is also being childish on her first mission. "I don't need your help"... really? And the whole vow of silence thing. At least you found a way to make the unrealistic- realistic. Good job on that.

I don't want you to think I'm hating on your story. It's a great story, good enough such that I'm pointing out the only flaws I can find. Those flaws being the lack of discipline in Klare.

The fact that you only have 45 favorites for this masterpiece just goes to show that the majority of people can't see a diamond in the rough that is fanfiction. Way too many lovers of "oh mah gawsh he broke up with her for me?! That's so sweet!" if you know what I mean

Refusing to complete the mission. Damn. You are trying to give the impression that Klare had avoided the brainwashing. I don't know if it's possible, realistically speaking, but it makes a good story.

Now you have to break away from other fictions (Forward Unto Dawn/Fall of Reach), so let's see where this goes.

Also, if you don't mind me asking you a personal question, where did you go to basic?
Guest 22 chapter 10 . 4/3/2016
Just keep going with the time line. You are really only at halo 3 there plenty more info to cover. Like the battle of earth, the ark halo 4 and 5 events. You just keep doin what to you have been!
Anthony chapter 10 . 3/31/2016
Thanks for writing this, I enjoyed it immensely.
As for next writing subjects, if you're willing to cover the entirety of the games/books/movies, I would be ecstatic to read it. That is a ton of work, but if you're willing to take it on, go for it.
Viva01 chapter 10 . 3/26/2016
You certainly went for a big bite and it is very compelling the whole time I was wondering if Halsey would make a connection and say something or if she was just staying quiet or had no idea who Kaine was
Anthony chapter 9 . 2/19/2016
I just discovered this story about a week ago, and I've been greatly enjoying it since then.
I like the concept behind the story, along with your writing style and method of telling the story. And Kaine is an extremely entertaining character.
Whatever media you choose to write from next, be it a continuation of First Strike or something else, I look forward to it.
orbital drop shock pie chapter 9 . 1/9/2016
Have to admit, my second favourite halo story, makes great use of the original canon and actual sources. My only gripe is that you rely a bit too heavily on the already explained parts of the series, so I pretty much know what's going to happen. Besides that, great job, and keep up the good work man!
Guest chapter 9 . 12/31/2015
Lets get a part 2 to this, first strike was my favorite book
0769Alpha1378 chapter 9 . 12/29/2015
Hello I have been reading your series for a long time and i am a big fan. Its one of the few fiction works on halo that is enjoyable to read. I would love if your could do part 2 of First Strike to see how Kaine interacts with Halsey.
keydet16 chapter 9 . 12/28/2015
Would be interesting to have a part 2 considering Halsey is supposedly able to recognize all the Spartans even in armor
Fanfictioncritic15 chapter 9 . 12/28/2015