Reviews for The Itch Beneath Her Skin
kci47 chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
I like this view of things after the war and rebuilding...I can picture Hermione feeling a little bit at odds and like there's nothing left there for her to do. Excellent piece!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
I really like the idea of Hermione being restless after the war. I can see why she wouldn't really know where to go or what to do after - I mean, all of those years before were devoted to school and helping Harry defeat Voldemort, and once that's done, she wouldn't really have as much keeping her there. I like the thought of her traveling the world, also - she's clever enough to be able to manage it and to pick up languages quickly, and I can absolutely imagine her being able to fend for herself in foreign countries.

I like the inclusion of her reunion with her parents; it bothers me when people forget to include that in a post-war Hermione fic like this, so I was really happy to see that. The meeting with Bill felt very natural, also, and I really like the little interaction between them that you've shown.
ReillyJade chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
Laura, my love, my sweetheart. I apologize profusely for not reviewing this sooner, but I promise I read it as soon as you told me it was posted, and several times since.

Thank you so much for this. Really. Fanfic!Hermione is something I've always struggled to enjoy, but I think you did a fantastic job untangling her complexity. I get immensely irritated when people write post-war Hermione as perfectly adjusted and seemingly unaffected by everything she went through, but here, you portray her as a little lost and trying to determine her place in the world, which is something I can find perfectly plausible in canon. I mean, the fight against Voldemort was, in a sense, her focus for /years/ - maybe not as heavily as it was for Harry, but her focus all the same – and now it's over. Ridding the world of him was the goal, and she helped achieved it. Now what?

Exploring the world and everything it has to offer seems like the perfect escape for someone like Hermione. It gives her a chance to learn (her favorite pastime!) while simultaneously learning about herself. I really appreciated the fact that you didn't have her stay with her parents for too long, because if she did, I think it would have defeated the purpose of her travels. And the fact that she appears to be doing everything the Muggle way only adds to it; it makes sense that she'd subconsciously want to distance herself from anything magical for a while, or at least use it as seldomly as possible.

And Bill... can I just have him? Please? :p But in all seriousness, the way you introduced him to the story felt natural and perfectly paced. And no worries about forgetting Fleur. To be honest, I looked at your A/N last, and I read this assuming she'd died in the war and that's why he was back in Egypt, throwing himself into work to help him forget.

Again, really, thank you so much for this. I adored it. :)
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
A very well written piece. I like the idea of Hermione travelling. Keep writing
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
Awww that's cute. I love this. HermioneBill is not normally my thing. But I love how she started off her travels with her parents and that she managed to find some closure there. I think Hermione's reaction to keep going though and to not want to stay in one place for long after everything that happened is realistic. With her interest in different cultures and knowing that she traveled as a kid before, it makes sense that she'd want to go off on her own and explore and that she'd be able to navigate and take care of herself.
Ending up with Bill just seemed so natural too. He's always been described as book-ish and I think the way you portrayed him here was great. Definitely someone who Hermione would find appealing. Lovely job, dearest.

P. S. I miss you