Reviews for A Man of Iron
Vanessa Masters chapter 25 . 6/21/2020
"Do you know who I am? What I am?" the man bellowed, drawing his sword. Syrio tilted his head, considering the knight for a moment.

And then… Syrio transformed.

Dimly Arya found herself thinking of a book whose pages were being quickly flipped through. Syrio's skin folded in on itself, starting at his face and moving down his body. His tanned skin, exotic in Westeros, become something unworldly as the flesh rippled and turned a deep blue with a hint of scale-like surface texture. Heavy muscles gave wave to feminine curves, though the frame was just as deadly looking. Curly black hair became slicked back short locks that were a deeper red than even Sansa's. His round face framed with a dark beard became sharp angular features with stern yet pouty lips. His clothing disappeared as she grew several inches, nothing left to the imagination as her heavy breasts rose and fell with every breath and even the junction between her legs was left bare for all to see. Golden eyes, like those of a cat, shone brightly as Syrio looked upon the startled guard, taking a step forward. Where once had been her dance instructor Arya now gazed at a nude woman of blue who looked like some creature from Old Nan's stories come to life.

"Do I know who you are? What you are?" 'Syrio' taunted before leaping into the air, her foot connecting with the gold cloak just to Trant's left, striking the weakest part of his skull and sending shards of bone into his brain. The man fell bonelessly to the ground, 'Syrio' continuing her descent as she hit the man to Ser Meryn's right, driving the palm of her hand into his throat so hard it collapsed his wind pipe and left him twitching on the ground, gasping for air that would never come. The Kingsguard tried to swing his sword but 'Syrio' easily dodged the clumsy swing and disarmed him before shoving him back, her flexible body allowing her to easily slam her bare foot against his throat, holding him in place against the wall. "Oh yes… it was people like you who made me afraid to go to the sept as a child." She kicked him once, causing him to hit the wall, and as he bounced back 'Syrio' grabbed his head and easily snapped his neck. Nodding to herself, the blue warrioress looked over at Arya and suddenly the hardness the girl had seen moments before faded and a look of compassion appeared on her features. "We need to go."

"How… how did you do that?" Arya whispered. "Is it magic? Are you a fairy or a sprite?"

—-

Mystique! Awesome! And th at line from the first x men movie “it’s people like you that made me afraid to go to school as a child.”

And Arya, wondering if she can be blue.

Gendry! He’s coming along too it seems.
Vanessa Masters chapter 24 . 6/21/2020
Oh, well, Tyrion saved, but what next I wonder?
Vanessa Masters chapter 23 . 6/21/2020
Instead he stated, "But he can build armor and weapons, which we will need." Of course Gregor would only think of death and now how an army would deal it. "I need him not for his skill in battle but to lead our smiths. And he does have men he can commit to the fields while he repairs and replaces our damaged weapons. Should we need to siege Winterfell it will be handy to have his mind at work on how to do it." Tywin rubbed his chin. "Send word to his man, the foreign knight. He is to lead Lord Stark's division to join us. Lord Stark will be given a week to put his house in order once he returns and gather what tools he needs before he is to join us… and brings Ned Stark's bastard with him."

Rowan frowned at that. "This Jon Snow-"

"Stark," Tywin reminded him. "Antony has legitimized him as heir. I wish to see what the boy is capable of. If Lord Stark is so sure he and his good wife will not produce heirs I must see who will take over Iron Pointe. Furthermore… our Hand cared for his bastard and it is wise to keep a hostage ready, if one needs to… make an example."

"Jon Stark will serve another purpose," Kevan added.

—-

Oh no! Things are coming out, moved made and I’m all sorts worried!
Vanessa Masters chapter 22 . 6/21/2020
Oh Ned, lucky Tony was there to save your hide. Yep, geldny or whatever, the blacksmith boy is Robert son and tony knows that Jon is not Ned.

Well, that was invigorating!
Vanessa Masters chapter 21 . 6/21/2020
And you think Iron Man will change things?"

"He already has," Syrio stated. "The people of this realm have begun to open their eyes to the greater world and finally begin to see that there is much more out there than their petty concerns." Arya frowned at that but Syrio wagged his finger at her. "Oh, you don't like what Syrio says? But you know in your heart it to be true. All men have little thoughts and wants, it is in our nature. Even you, young one... you wanted to learn to fight because you sought to stand out from your mother and sister and channel the rage you felt at the little blond cunt that killed the baker's boy." Arya glowered but silently admitted that her 'dance instructor' was correct. Flashing a victorious smirk Syrio leaned back, his eyes half closed. "Most important of all is that this Iron Man has been an awakening for those that will use their own power more wisely. It shows them that soon the time will come for them to reveal themselves and make their stand."

Arya's forehead crinkled at that. "What do you mean about using powers wisely?"

Syrio sighed, "I know you worship this Iron Man for what he has done but even you must see he is quite foolish in saving people as he does?"

"How can you say that?" Arya demanded, her temper flashing. Syrio slowly opened his eyes, catching her gaze and Arya took a calming breath. They had been working on her temper, as Syrio said that losing herself to rage in a battle was a deathwish as that was when one was most clumsy. When she was a touch calmer she asked, "Do you think he will be hunted down by the Wardens and killed? Is that why he should-"

Syrio's laughter cut her off and Arya gave him such a sour look that, had the Queen come in at that moment, she would have thought that Arya was actually her long-lost daughter merely dressed up as a Stark. When her instructor finally calmed himself he said, "Your kingdom is ruled by fat fools who can barely wipe their own asses and even then they need twenty bannermen to make sure they strike the right hole! The Iron Man has nothing to fear from them." Syrio ran his hand along his brow, rolling his eyes skyward. "No, what makes him almost as foolish as those that rule your Seven Kingdoms is how he wastes his time and his life defending those that will turn on him the moment it is worth their time."

Arya shook her head. "No... the people love him..."

"I met rich merchant in Pentos once. He had done much for the people there, paid fair wages. And yet his servants called him a goblin under their breath when he asked them to do a distasteful task. I asked him why he allowed them to do so and he said it was simply human nature. He told me 'the only thing the people love more than a hero is to see a hero fail, fall... die trying'. The people of your Seven Kingdoms will rally to this Iron Man now, cheer his name and speak of how they'd wait in the rain just for a glimpse of the one that taught them to hold on for a second longer. But when he doesn't do as they wish, even for a moment, they will turn on him."

"I can't believe that," Arya stated.

He has a point, a bit.

Magneto?! O.o
Vanessa Masters chapter 20 . 6/21/2020
'Then why I am floating 20 feet off the ground wearing this damn armor if I know it's so foolish?' Jon thought to himself as he looked down at the panicked villagers and marauding raiders that milled down below him. 'Surely Tony could have come up with a better plan than me flying around risking my neck! And even he couldn't why was I insane enough to agree?'

The answer was quite simple and it repeated in his head even as he floated above the burning village. It came in the way of a proclamation, written on parchment and flown on raven's wings to Iron Pointe over a month ago:

"By the decree of His Grace, Robert of the House Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm, from this day forth Jon Snow, bastard of Eddard of the House Stark, is legitimized and shall be known as Jon Stark, first of his name, heir of Lord Antony Stark, Lord of Iron Pointe, from this day until his last"

Legitimized. Tony had legitimized him. Though he had been born a bastard no longer would his name proclaim that shame to the world. He was Jon Stark, the future Lord of Iron Pointe. His father had allowed him to keep the name Snow, Lady Stark had used it to attack him, Theon Greyjoy had held it as a way to mock him... and Tony had ripped it away. That was why he now did what he did. Tony Stark had given him a new life... and Jon would use it to aid the man in his quest to avenge the people of Westeros.

Even if it was from those that should be their protectors.

—-

Awww tony, so glad he did that.

Oooh! Jon in e armor now.
Vanessa Masters chapter 19 . 6/21/2020
Ned, for his part, remained off to the side, the helm still in his hands. He turned it about, running his fingers along the surface, seeing but not hearing Antony jest with the others. No, Ned's mind was focused on just how neatly Antony had arranged this meeting, setting everything up to distract and deflect attention from him. If Ned didn't know for a fact that his cousin was little more than a whoring, drinking, lazy layabout…

His eyes caught Antony's and his cousin smiled… though the grin didn't quite reach his eyes.

Ned gripped the helm just a bit tighter.

—-

I think Ned is starting to believe he’s iron man.
Vanessa Masters chapter 18 . 6/21/2020
And recently how I might do it myself," Pepper said before turning to Rhodey. "What did I tell him about this mission of his?"

The dark-skinned knight held his hands up. "I told you both I want no part of this."

"Jon?" Pepper said.

"Fight it, Jon!" Tony said, waving his hands about. "Don't let her entrance you! Fight! Don't let her female ways entrance you!"

"Jon…" Pepper said, dragging out his name.

The young man gulped again. "You… you said, other than him being killed, that Tony would be discovered-"

"That you would be discovered!" Pepper said sternly, slapping the letter that had come with the raven down on the table. "This just arrived! King Robert requests you come to King's Landing concerning Iron Man!" Tony took the note and began to read it even as Pepper began to pace, letting out her frustrations. "I told you this was a bad idea! I told you! And now the king wants to talk to you… and by talk he probably means throw you into one of those dark cells they have in the depths of the Red Keep!"

"Well, it technically isn't the king asking, as this isn't his handwriting; it's actually quite elegant and Robert's tends to look like a drunk cow was given a quill-" Pepper whipped around to glare at him and he smiled weakly. "But that is not the thing that is concerning you right now." Tony stood up, the letter still in his hand, and motioned for Jon and Rhodey to follow him. "Don't worry, I knew this would happen."

Pepper stood there for a moment, gawking at him, before realizing that her husband was actually leaving her in his wake. She hurried after him, just getting past a bemused Rhodey and a nervous Jon. "What do you mean you knew this would happen? If you knew it would happen why didn't you do anything to not let it happen?!"

Lol she married him, she made her bed she has to sleep in it, lol
Vanessa Masters chapter 17 . 6/21/2020
"Samwell," Lady Stark said gently, turning her attention on the portly lad. Tyrion glanced at the boy, amused by how he shifted and squirmed under her gaze. "You are Lord Tarly's son, are you not?"

"I was, my lady."

"I wasn't aware Lord Tarly was dead," Rodrik said before eyeing Tyrion. "Or is he dead to you so you might travel with the Imp."

Sam swallowed, his heavy chin wobbling like a shaken pudding before he spoke. "No, Ser. More that... more that I am dead to him. He was never... I will never be the heir he wanted. I was told I had two choices: to go North and take the black or he would take me hunting... and somehow I would die."

Lady Stark looked at the fat youth and Tyrion smirked. It was clear that the thought of so callously killing one's child sickened her, especially after what had happened to her second youngest. And yet there was another flicker in her eye that spoke of warring emotions. He did not have to wait long for her to speak.

"And yet you travel with... him. Unless this man is now a brother of the Night's Watch-"

Tyrion chuckled. "Oh yes, how funny would that be." He turned and called out to Bronn and Clynt. "Tell me, how much would you pay to see me dressed as a Crow, battling a White Walker?"

Bronn raised an eyebrow. "I suppose it would depend on how long the fight would last."

Well, saving her life is a start for Tyrion in lady stark view I suppose.

Yes, Jon is a stark, even if not by Ned.
Vanessa Masters chapter 16 . 6/21/2020
Fighting the mountain is easy, calming an angry Pepper down...there’s the killer. Lol
oneironaught101 chapter 12 . 6/20/2020
I agree Ned's rule would be a stable one but Robert was the one distantly related to the Targaryens and a couple of generations down the line the Stag could rebel against the Wolf. Of course Tywin returned to his seat to finish his meal, that badass evil man.
oneironaught101 chapter 11 . 6/20/2020
The chainmail version of the suit was weird but cool. The dialogue was entertaining. Let's party!
oneironaught101 chapter 10 . 6/20/2020
Oh the symbolism! It seems letting Stark in the Westerlands was a mistake afterall. I have no idea how it would lead upto that point. I don't think Tywin ordered the thugs to abduct Tony. Following Tyrion and Tarly will be amusing. So now we have the a trio of duos to watch out for: Tony and Jon, Tyrion and Sam, Danny and Logan! I'm so ready to see Tony's newest creation.
bauers374 chapter 12 . 6/19/2020
glad to see he still did the landing
bauers374 chapter 4 . 6/19/2020
As someone who doesn't know much about GoT, but Does know about marvel I've got a feeling this Uncle Benjen guy is probably gonna get killed... Uncles name Ben have a habit of dying..
1,781 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »