Reviews for A Man of Iron
LittleNK chapter 6 . 4/7/2014
So this is the beginning of Iron Man in Westeros, wow...good job!
Hygieia chapter 6 . 4/7/2014
Glad for the update. Looking forward into seeing how you will make Iron Man.
Kalaong chapter 6 . 4/7/2014
Ah, shit. Recent stuff brings up all KINDS of things. Raza's connection with Stane, there being Trevor FAKE!Mandarin and a real one, SHIELD/HYDRA - gah.

...OTOH, it makes the MCU about half as complicated as ASOIAF. Carry on.
Hygieia chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
A good start.
JA Baker chapter 5 . 4/1/2014
I love this story, I really do, but there is something that bugs me; in chapter three, you have Tyrion state that Tony was more fun before he married, but in this chapter, Tywin reminisces that Tony and Pepper were already married when he took over Iron Pointe, and it was only after that point that he became friends with Tyrion.

I'm sorry, because as I said, I really like the story, but hat point just sticks in my mind every time I think about it.
Gary chapter 5 . 4/1/2014
This is one of my favorite stories online. I really loved how Tony stood up to Catelyn and Ned.
CrowMagnon chapter 5 . 3/26/2014
Speaking as someone who's never read the books or seen the show, I'm still loving this story. I'd say you've done a good job of introducing all the characters and relevant setting details in such a way that people like me can catch up and work things out.

And Tywin as you've written him here is one of my favorite kinds of antagonists. He strikes me as someone who takes the long view, but is flexible enough to not get bogged down in plots and rigidly-structured plans. Someone who, like certain heroes, can see the value and potential in his resources and the people around him, with the point of separation being that the antagonist defines that worth as what benefits themselves only, and the hero defines that worth as what benefits those outside of himself.
Darksnider05 chapter 4 . 3/22/2014
Great chapter kinda sad you didn't include Jon talking to Arya but they'll be on the road together.
Guest chapter 5 . 3/22/2014
I must say, Tywin is impressive. And I hope Iron Man comes soon.
LittleNK chapter 5 . 3/20/2014
Tywin did many cruel things but I still like him, thank you for writing his POV. I enjoy it very much. Ah, can't wait to learn more about Tony's house!
stonegnome1 chapter 5 . 3/19/2014
I find the three square miles to be odd it is actually a relatively small area. I wonder why that figure came up. Was that the amount of land Tony asked for and if so why?

I wonder what the price point on the sun stones will be. The idea of using them for light is interesting but given the difficulty and expense of mining them I do not believe it would be practical.
Guest chapter 5 . 3/19/2014
Quite a decent chapter. I thoroughly enjoyed the read. Looking forward to the next ones!
Relvain Jenafuse chapter 5 . 3/19/2014
Great Chapter, I like the business politics that you mentioned. I also thought of glass lanterns/cups to hold the sun-stones but didn't even think of submerging the stones into melted glass to make orbs. That could also be a method of creating jewellery.

Question do dust sized sun-stones glow? If so Tony can grind up the flawed ones mix it with melted glass which is then shaped into ovals and diamond shapes.
Kalaong chapter 5 . 3/19/2014
Well, shit. Stark has only one real fetter - despite being a egotistical narcissist, he's a nice guy who isn't constantly trying to force everyone to obey his every whim. Is Lord Stark aware that he lives next door to a fairly shrewd Unfettered Overlord?
Guest chapter 4 . 3/19/2014
Well, I hope to read more of this. It looks to be of great interest to me. Update soon please.
1,781 | « Prev Page 1 .. 106 113 114 115 116 117 118 .. Last Next »