Reviews for X Chronicles 2: Lazarus Zero
TheGirlWithFarTooManyIdeas chapter 13 . 6/15
So that's X's first encounter with freely evil Mavericks...that's earlier than I was expecting, but it makes sense considering -who-the X Hunters are connected to.

Poor X. I think there's a good reason his cyber-elf form from the Zero series looks like a doctor and an angel. If this was Kingdom Hearts, he'd be a Prince of Heart.

I might be weird, but I actually LOVE the boss rush at the end of each game. I don't know why, but I think it's just a sense of skill and power...it's like, "last time I had to take a whole level to be able to take you on. Now, all eight of you won't even slow me down!" But I guess that's a very battle-loving mindset, but that's always how I've felt.

You know, now I REALLY hope that the fact that Gravity Beetle from the next game is Quickman/Boomer Kuwanger's brother gets top focus. What a delicious conflict!
TheGirlWithFarTooManyIdeas chapter 3 . 1/2
You've made me adore Alia. For this reason I hope you introduce Iris early too - i hope she gets similar treatment. I hope Chronicle 3 comes out soon! As a megaman fan, this story makes me very happy!
ArcaneMaverick chapter 9 . 8/10/2014
I don't really like this fic. It's too cliche and corny like a generic anime. I'm just skimming now. Oh well.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 4 . 8/10/2014
I do like how you connect things storywise. I like the direction you're taking by including the old mavericks and giving X a true support staff. It makes things more dynamic.

But the dialogue is still cliche. So much righteous fury. I'm not sure what training Alia, an operator, could gain from a combat specialist like Flame Stag.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 2 . 8/9/2014
So far, this seems like a generic anime version of the game. It's fairly simplified and cliche at times. There aren't any juicy details for world building or relationships between characters. It moves fast. It hits bullet points of what needs to happen and moves on. I guess I'm just unused to this pacing. It's certainly not bad! Just different.

I am intrigued by foreshadowing and new things like the dream. I want to see where those go. If that storm was supposed to delay the hunters for weeks and was solved in an hour, the maverick plan is f***ed!
ArcaneMaverick chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
Wow, I never thought I'd see this. You really hammered this out quickly. I can't believe how fast it got posted. Cool man, let's see where it goes.

Ha, core-pulse. I get it.
Bryon Nightshade chapter 14 . 7/14/2014
The good: Your battle choreography is effective and entertaining, and occasional breaks like Shimmer’s appearance in the grand melee of chapter 10 work well. (Aside: does it tell us more about X, the X-Hunters, or the, er, X-aligned Hunters that it takes all of Hunter Base to drive the X-Hunters off, while X dispatches them one right after the other, almost casually?)

You also do a deft job handling some of the relationships. You got more mileage out of Jessica and Depthcharge than I would have expected; that subplot works surprisingly well. Dex/Quickman is pretty nice, too. Another thing that really works: X addressing the virus directly, ignoring the veil of Sigma that it wears. (It makes sense given the fate you’ve written for Sigma, but it also has dramatic import in its own right.)

On the whole, a solid novelization that embroiders the canon while maintaining it.

The bad: I think you missed an opportunity with Zero and X’s reunion. It’s the most important interpersonal relationship in the games, and I really feel like you didn’t do much with it. It’s as if you were on such a roll wrapping up the tail end of the story that you just sort of plowed through the moment, and then did only slightly more with it in the “gazing at the destruction” scene.

Other: The cast is getting awfully large, especially if you intend to continue the pattern of reintroducing characters. I can see that becoming unwieldy in the future. There are ways to deal with that, of course, so we’ll see how you handle it.
Fireminer chapter 14 . 7/11/2014
Some more explosion would be nice. Guess that it would have to wait for the next installment.
89niners-best-team-ever chapter 14 . 7/11/2014
That was a good "zero arrives on the scene" take you did there. Way better than the game did it. But the game was alright also. Which is funny cause did sigma really think he can fool x(the players) that it was the real zero? Lol! He had the color wrong. And he was all smug with it also. And you turn one of the lame fights of the whole series a great read through. And it was easy too. But I can't help but feel like X got snub in this. Zero dies, comes back and he gets a unit. X fights on by himself and he gets a slap on the back. And I can see and X vs. zero fight later down the road with zero doing things his way and X his way. The reason I believe Dr. Cain gave zero is on unit is to have zero side with him since X questions him a lot and zero does what he says since book one. I wonder if zero's unit will have the x hunters in it. If that's the case zero would know something. He knows something is up already.

X and Alia admitted but not admitted the love for each other! Lol! Don't have me waiting another year and then tell me the next book is out and it's five chapters in already! Lol!
Karra Greenfield chapter 14 . 7/11/2014
Wait! It's over?! Already? The highlight of my week has been put on hold.
Lots of great moments in this final chapter, great tie up of loose ends and creeping foreshadowing. Looking forward to Chronicle 3.
89niners-best-team-ever chapter 13 . 7/7/2014
Wow. You really did add Dr. Wily implications in this. Even though serges IS Dr. Wily. And he came back in X6. But yeah. I like what you did here making the X-hunters robot master made by Wily. And you're right. The virus is the most important thing right now even though that was made by Wily also. Which I think is that evil energy from megaman 8. Sadly, we will never know. Excellent chapter. And I like how you made the final level the computer lab. In game, that wasn't explain why X was back there again. I just thought the game developers got lazy. Lol! And Zero is back. I wonder would If X would leave him in the dark about everything. The boss rush was quick. As it should be. Excellent chapter. As for me, I just dragon punch everything! So I cheated. I hated that agile fight. So I really don't care. Violent was the hardest boss to me though. That ball in chain was unpredictable and fast.
Fireminer chapter 13 . 7/5/2014
No Shoryuken?

Good chapter, but jus 7000 words for all these contents?
Karra Greenfield chapter 13 . 7/5/2014
I actually squealed with delight when I got the email notification.

I got a sinking feeling in my stomach when Zero said he needed a sword. It brought back the last chapter where X was being trained with one and I can only imagine what 'old friend' would be waiting for X.
Now, not having played the games myself I have no idea what to really expect, so its all relatively new to me, making it easy to picture and enjoyable as a story line. Keep it up! I'll be waiting.
Blues chapter 12 . 6/28/2014
Nice implementation of the time stasis. I personally wouldn't be to pull that off so well done and well thought out. I look forward to seeing more.
Karra Greenfield chapter 12 . 6/28/2014
I realized how devastating it would be if Dex or Alia would to become infected. It would probably come very close to breaking X if he ever had to fight Alia.
That aside, though shorter than I had expected, the fight was well done. Looking forward to next week.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »