Reviews for Going Dating
Aphraelsan chapter 1 . 5/11
All three stories in this set were great!
Amalia Kensington chapter 7 . 6/30/2014
I'm finding this really really lovely.
Thank you so much for sharing!
cheers.
-Lex
16magnolias chapter 7 . 5/10/2014
Hello again, and welcome back!
I really liked the dialogue between Mary and Molly. I think Mary must be so distraught, and you did a good job of capturing that - she wants to be accepted without forcing herself on anyone, and she wants to appear strong - but of course Molly knows exactly how she's feeling and what she needs, doesn't she? I especially loved that whole part from where Molly says "I know", to when Mary says "Thank you Molly"...I can just picture that scene acted out in my mind, and it fits them so well. :)
I also loved Sherlock's sort of stammering compliment and that he gave Molly a book titled "Execution: Tools and Techniques" instead of flowers. Very funny, and very sweet, and very Sherlock.
I liked that dinner was easy and natural, and then - disaster struck. I mean, it had to, right? Sherlock is certainly not an expert in the world of 'dating'. The whole club scene made me feel really awkward, and really sorry for Sherlock. Which I think is maybe what you were going for? But there was still that moment of sweetness when he didn't even /look/ at any of the other women at the club.
And I have to admit I didn't expect them to end up at a community center dancing with grandparents! (Which I actually loved because my grandparents go out dancing twice a week and they're adorable) - and somehow the awkward sweetness of it all fits with the awkward sweetness of their date.
And I also enjoy that Molly is as faithful and gentle as ever, and that Sherlock is growing - he's not snappish and rude whenever he's embarrassed anymore (at least not with Molly! Ah, poor John. And Lestrade. And Anderson.)
I'm looking forward to more!
Guest chapter 7 . 5/9/2014
Your "Going ..." series of stories has been just delightful, but in "Going Dating" the wry, misdirecting narration voice makes it the most charming. Thanks for the good writing.
Guest chapter 7 . 5/8/2014
The entire "Going..." series has been just delightful, but I think you have really mastered your voice in "Going Dating". Thank you for the good reading.
Silkenslay chapter 7 . 5/10/2014
I always enjoy reading this story. Thank you for another highly amusing chapter!
Justmandy0811 chapter 7 . 5/10/2014
Super sweet.
roxyxena007 chapter 7 . 5/9/2014
M, I think this is the best date yet! Both Molly and Sherlock nervous! Cute and realistic! Mary saving the day with a new dress for Molly! Sounded lovely! Sherlock's gift was funny and something right up Molly's alley! All of the prep Sherlock did for the date was so sweet! Sherlolly ending up at the community center dance, instead of the loud, posh club, was a great idea! Really pushes the point home how different" Sherlolly dating" from just trying to hook up! (Not that that would bad for them or your readers! *Giggle!) Very school dance-like, nostalgic, romantic! Getting to know each other on a new personal level!

Will you continue with Sherlock teaching Molly to dance? Please, please do! Very dreamy!

Thanks for the thanks in the intro! Thrilled! So Glad something I said motivated you, M! Love your stories and know one day I will be in line at your book signing!

Keep calm and Sherlolly On!
SHERlocked221C chapter 3 . 5/9/2014
Best ending of a chapter-ever.
SHERlocked221C chapter 7 . 5/9/2014
I am really loving this story so far. You have a talent for getting the characterization and dialogue spot-on. I laugh a lot when Sherlock gets rattled! And these two are so sweet. Thanks!
SammyKatz chapter 7 . 5/9/2014
Very good. Sherlock and Molly are not typical people. They are interested in the same type of things, usually a bit morbid. He does better doing things he knows she likes. John would have thought the book not good, but Sherlock knows Molly.
A very good story. I like it. Thank you.
Bucky5 chapter 7 . 5/8/2014
Great chapter, it was lovely
Poemwriter98 chapter 7 . 5/8/2014
Aww. That was a sweet ending to the chapter. I can't wait to read more!
cornishrexmomma chapter 7 . 5/8/2014
This is great. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Guest chapter 7 . 5/8/2014
That is adorable. I love Sherlock not realizing what a dance club will be like but both of them being too uncomfortable to admit that they hate it. And poor Mary! Loved her in this chapter.