Reviews for And She Dreams of War
Guest chapter 1 . 3/24/2015
So a year later I find this little gem. I just can't help but review it, despite being very late. The story deserves more praise than it seems to have got.
First off Dexio and Sina are actually some of my favourite characters from this gen and I'm disappointed that not many people acknowledge them. But even if they did, I can't imagine many of them being as accurate as this. The POV and personalities of the duo is almost identical to the way I'd imagine them to be. The incorporation of realistic features (like guns) only adds to the dramatic climax in the story.

Congratulations - this is Amazing!
(for loss of a better word)
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 5/23/2014
Excellent fic, gritty and light all at once. It's hard to give these two a lot of background, I think, but your prose was really arresting - "there's a lot of red in Lumiose of late...the obelisk in Rouge Plaza is the color of blood." The professor's extremely casual creation of this superhero squad fits in with the tone of his scenes in the game perfectly, while not seeming out of place in your more realistic universe. I like the idea that guns were consciously outlawed in the Pokemon regions, and having the Pokemon attack the humans - and the Flare grunt act like that's normal - was great and frightening. I really like your style.
The Light's Refrain chapter 1 . 3/5/2014
Oh nice, you usually don't see much of these two in fanfics. You did a wonderful job of writing their POV, and how their little game escalates into full-blown war before they even realize what is happening. It works really well with the quote :).

One nitpick: Pangoro is part Dark-type, so it couldn't be affected by a Psychic move (which I assume is what Meowstic uses to push it away). Also ultraviolet rays can't be seen.