Reviews for Courtship of the Grad Student
jquackers chapter 5 . 8/11
I! don't like! Hans! I'm glad Anna, despite her naivety and trusting personality, didn't fall for Hans' attempt to steal Elsa's research. I wish she hadn't missed Elsa's presentation for that prick, but at least she was there for the acknowledgements and questions. I'm looking forward to learning more about Elsa. Her ability to feel others' emotions is interesting and I wanna know how she got those powers. Also curious about what she's done in the past to make her shut herself out to everyone else. It seems like there are things she feels guilty about. All very interesting!
WaxnWane chapter 11 . 3/14
I was cackling so hard this chapter! "The Winters are coming" quite hilarious.
only-looking chapter 20 . 2/11
Okay, this is probably the nerdiest story I've ever read. I love it. My nerdiness is with computers, so a lot of the more estoteric references go over my head, but who cares? This story is wonderful. These two are wonderful. You've even managed to make Hans sympathetic.

Your take on Anna's parents, especially her father, is very realistic and believable, and sensitively done. Hopefully, Dad will find his inner decency and reconcile things with Anna (and Elsa, and Nik). I realize that doesn't always happen, though.

One question. What was the reference for the song Elsa sung to help Anna remember [stuff] for her exam?
C A Moore chapter 20 . 1/20
It's nice to read something dealing with the religious issue; these opinions don't always come from people you can dismiss as bigots.
I wouldn't worry about context in religious quotes, generally it seems its proponents don't worry about it at all, and the gist seems consistent with what I see around (In Australia we are having an ongoing debate about same sex marriage, so I'm more familiar with their arguments against marriage than homosexuality itself; I have never seen so many ways to phrase the sentiment "don't wanna" as a divine directive). If it was me I'd be tempted to google for some materials on how to "guide" "misguided" friends and family to get some authentic phrasing.

Dealing with someone you care about who is trying to do what they think is best, yet is from your perspective totally wrong (and of course that they may well be feeling the same reversed) makes for a very interesting story, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.
wannasalad chapter 20 . 1/12
wow it comes as a surprise to me that Idunn would be so willing to compromise. That's really nice of her, and something we're not used to coming from those kind of religious people. Of course it sucks that Agdar won't back off but I'm glad Anna has Elsa by her side. :)
Gcohen chapter 20 . 1/11
The wedding is going to be amazing. I really loved the contrast between Agnar using his "faith" to be a hateful asshole and Idunna using it in a more compassionate way.
wendyisanasshole chapter 20 . 1/9
So glad to see this update
Schurke chapter 20 . 1/9
This hit really close to home. Well, not to home. But to church. I grew up with people like Agdar and the pain it inevitably causes.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you did a very good job writing this chapter fairly from all perspectives and the level of discomfort is a testament to how well you did. Congratulations on make me, the reader, feel things even if I thought I had forgotten them.
MilandaAnza chapter 20 . 1/8
Ohhh heavens I have to wait a month for the next chapter? So mean, but I can't wait! 3 I enjoyed this chapter and I'm glad it happened though, I'm curious how Agnar will react finding out properly
sedryn chapter 20 . 1/8
Awesome! Really love this romance :D

I was thinking, you could use some silly rules from the Bible to show how Christians can't actually take those rules literally (at least not anymore):

Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material Leviticus 19:19

All that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you. Leviticus 9:10

When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean. Leviticus 15: 19-20

When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand. Deuteronomy 25:11-12

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5 NLT
frankenj0nes chapter 19 . 12/15/2015
Most if not all of the science jargon flies right over my head, since I went to art school and dropped out before the end of the first semester, but this fic is charming nonetheless.
Ye fuck you weaseltown! Fuck your patents for things! We got mally on our side now!
wannasalad chapter 19 . 12/14/2015
That was really sweet omg. And I loved Elsa standing up for herself in front of the Weasel hahahaha you go girl. Happy holidays to you too! Take care!
Master Kosa chapter 19 . 12/12/2015
I have to say that I like this fic. The slightly melancholic, sad undertone that is most apparent when it comes to Elsa, the way how you've actually successfully captured the growth of the characters - not only Anna and Elsa but Hans too - I have mixed feeling about him but it seems that he won't be the main antagonist in the story. I'm definitely looking forward to read more of this great fic.
Gcohen chapter 19 . 12/12/2015
It's good to see that Elsa finally got free from Weaselton. lol poor anna, at least she got tasty food for surviving that reunion. have a happy new year!
sedryn chapter 19 . 12/11/2015