Reviews for The Docel Letters
Deplaisance de la Nuit chapter 1 . 5/4
I should say the humanities are ultimately wonderful for the soul, but only in spades so you don't wind up with, say, Achilles, or Orson Scott Card's best-interest-bots as role models simply for lack of context. Also, it should be divorced from pom-pom-waving political preconceptions so that vice and virtue are taken together and as themselves.

"In the words of Winston Churchill..." or "Albert Einstein..." are statements that stand about a 30% chance of being dead wrong, but if your view of those figures can be summed up in a single word like "hero" or "imperialist", "genius" or "materialist", you're mentally pressured into making them 100% right or wrong because they are Churchill or Einstein. And that pressure redoubles when the primary thing known about the figure is what political party they belonged to.
I love this idea! You are so right about God wanting believers, not slaves.
PhoenixFantastic chapter 3 . 1/31
I like the Angelic perspective. Nice job!
Tohdoh chapter 3 . 10/4/2014
This is really cool! I like the idea of doing an angelic counterpart of the Screwtape Letters. Good read. :)
Girl-of-Action chapter 2 . 5/20/2014
Screwtape letters with a twist- I like it! Hope you continue, seeing everything from the angels viewpoint is quite interesting.