Reviews for A Tale of Two Victors
MariamJabeen chapter 6 . 11/18/2018
Nobody sane ever wins the games
MariamJabeen chapter 7 . 11/18/2018
Peeta stop overthinking this and being dumb. When Katniss said "same here" it means she misses you too. You love struck little boy
StrawberryMoondust chapter 24 . 1/18/2018
Okay, so - I don't even know if you read/get these reviews anymore (as it's been a few years), but I thought I'd chime in.

This is really well written and engaging - I love it - so please don't take this wrong, but... I HATE your Katniss. Not that you did a bad job or anything, just, her as a character (for your story) and how she's acting. I've been struggling with it ever since the Typhoid chapter and her saying those things to Peeta and Prim, and I thought I would forgive her later. But I haven't. How she acted with the doctor at his dinner was appalling, and she's a terrible, terrible person. albeit an incredibly well written one.

But, I just HATE her - she is such a whiny, cowardly, selfish, back-stabbing, uppity bitch. She's a million times worse than Canon Katniss and how she acted in the actual books. I can't believe how horrible she is - to EVERYONE, basically. I've never read a single fic before that's made me actually despise Katniss - not even ones portraying her as the main villain.

For awhile, even though I knew it wouldn't, I was sort of hoping that Peeta would snap, tell her she's disgusting and not worth his time anymore, and get with sweet Madge.

But this chapter made me hate Peeta, as well, tbh. Usually, it's pretty romantic (if stupid and unhealthy and cliched) to read the whole "Peeta loves Katniss and no one else despite her many, many faults and such" kind of story - unrealistic, unlikely, but sweet and uplifting. But in this one, it's just pissing me off to see her treat him SO, SO badly, and him to still be obsessed (not in love with, despite what he and others may be deluded into thinking, it seems, but OBSESSED) with her! It's a HORRIBLY unhealthy relationship, bordering on abuse, if you ask me (apologies, because no one did!).

It's like he's got mommy-issues and stays in 'love' with Katniss because she abuses him, just like his mother (although emotionally/verbally instead of physically). And while I feel bad for him, not being able to get out/give up/do better (I've been there, in a way) I also am a bit disgusted with him for being so stubborn and weak/obsessed. Ugh, ugh, UGH! I just hate them BOTH right now., UGH.

AGAIN - NOT criticizing the story, plot, writing - ANY of that! It's all amazing work and I love it - I'm just venting my frustration about the two of them! If you ever do decide to write a "Peeta finally gives up on Katniss because she's as awful as CanonKatniss thinks she is, and Peeta then gets with Delly or Madge" kind of story, by the way, I would love to read it! You have a talent for portraying them all very well and advancing their emotions/thoughts without suddenly being too OOC, and also a great talent for creating OCs who feel realistic and important!

Well, onward I go to see how it ends and if I can ever forgive Peeta and Katniss!
Cocola721 chapter 25 . 5/1/2016
Loved this too! Great new characters...great angst. I love peeta's perspective stories! This is no exception.
maddog99 chapter 25 . 4/2/2016
SO GOOD!
32sheshe chapter 25 . 12/29/2015
Enjoyed this story.
Always 4 Everlark chapter 25 . 3/2/2015
Thanks for writing! I thoroughly enjoyed your style and how you stayed true to the characters and the setting of the original series. I know there were a couple if moments that bothered me, like Peeta's kiss with Beth and make out session with Madge and Katniss declaring her love for Gale. However I could see those events unfolding and still being in character, because of the manner in which you wrote them. I look forward to reading your next story.
Always 4 Everlark chapter 22 . 3/2/2015
Nooooooooooo! JK! I love your story.
Guest chapter 25 . 9/20/2014
Whyyyy oh whyyy? I thought that you would end this on a happy note... but I loved it anyway! I cried so much on some chapters like wow! You did an amazing job. Keep up this amazing work!
Extacy925 chapter 25 . 8/10/2014
Wow I loved it I'm going to read the next one...
KatPee81 chapter 25 . 6/24/2014
Finally finished! This was such a sad, wonderful, story. You really nailed Peeta. Can't wait to start on Renaissance!
KatPee81 chapter 23 . 6/18/2014
Oh! (sniff!) It tears me up at the end, when Prim calls Peeta big brother, knowing that will never be.
KatPee81 chapter 22 . 6/11/2014
OMG! Primrose dolls? I love it!
Roxiblilly chapter 25 . 6/10/2014
Wonderful story. You captured Peeta's personality very well. I look forward to reading more from you!
KatPee81 chapter 21 . 6/10/2014
Wow. I'm surprised she actually apologized. I really didn't expect that to ever happen.