Reviews for AC Revelations Novelization
kattenbelletje chapter 12 . 7/17
I'have finally found the time to read this story and I love it as much as the previous ones. I also love how you portray Yusuf and I am dreading what will happen in a few chapters. I cried when Petrucio died and I'm already gathering tissues for the dreaded chapter. I hate and love you at the same time.
Rionline chapter 18 . 6/15
Damn it...
You make me cry in your 3 last chapter. Assassin's Creed Revelation is my second favourite after Assassin's Creed 2. My favourite scene is when Ezio found Altair inside the library. But now, I really cried when I read about Yusuf Tazim's masterfully remastered the game in this story. Every paragraph, lesson, character and many more that I can't mention in this review is masterfully written in this story. You break my heart better than Assassin's Creed Revelation can do. I can't describe how happy I am when I finished this story.
Thank you for giving me an amazing story. I'm sorry for my English. Bless you my friend...
WriterGreenReads chapter 18 . 4/28
YOU MADE ME CRY RUDE
DraconianPhilosopher chapter 18 . 4/10
It has been several years since I truly, honestly cried. I have salt-tracks and hot tears down my cheeks, and my eyes well up even as I read.

Assassin's Creed Revelations is my favorite in the series, for the final scene "Fratello Mio."

You masterfully reworked it into a novel that encapsulates every lesson, emotion, and feeling of joy and happiness contained in a life well lived into those moments. Every paragraph, lesson, and trial you committed to words from Altair and Ezio's lives come to a climax at that moment, and you have well and truly sent me to tears. Thank you, sincerely. Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful piece.

-DP
Adrift Shredder chapter 18 . 7/17/2016
I have to thank you for an amazing story you two have written.
Altair's passing in the game and Bowden's book made me sad, but your version made me cry and It's very difficult to make me cry.
I admire your dedication and your writing abilities.
So thank you so much.
EricAang chapter 18 . 2/26/2016
Finally Ezio retired from the brotherhood and found happiness with Sofia. Great characterizations with Sofia, Yusuf (Rest in peace), Piri Reis, the Den Masters, and Suleiman. Also the conversation between Desmond and Clay (Rest in peace), and the journey in Altair's later years (Rest in peace). Finally, explaining the religion of Islam is so beautiful. Requiéscant in pace Ezio.
Elven-in-name chapter 18 . 12/19/2015
Short. Too short. I'll try to make this short, as well, but meaningful.

Ah, damn you...for your talent!
I can't believe what I'm feeling!
What is this pressure on my chest, and memories in my head? Is it grief?

Sad chapter, but I liked it. Despite the previous one, this wasn't the collective ending of three characters' (Ezio, Altair and Clay, not Desmond, yet) stories. It was the ending of Ezio alone, and I loved it because it was well-written, but at the same time I hated it because it meant Il Mentore's death.

I finally understand I love you, Ezio.
Requiescat in pace, old friend.

It really feels like I lost a friend, and it is worse that Altair's death because Ezio barely found his family, and now he has to lose it again.
But I think the pint of that letter is just that, he had a family, always, but he didn't see it in front of him.

Truly sad, I can't even express this kind of feeling.

Th-thank you!

Out of topic, but I gotta tell you, now or never, that I love the ways you expand dialogue, at first , in AC Novelization it seemed too much or off somehow...but then I learned to love it pretty quickly; this is my final praise for you!

I am sorry if I read this final 8 chapters too quicky, but this marathon was supposed to make it possible to finish this fic in time for your (Saturday) weekly update of AC III.

I hope I made a good reader and reviewer for your works(s) and labour.

And don't worry, I will be back to reading your fics once I play and finish AC 3!
Until then, take care of yourselves!

-Marius B.
Elven-in-name chapter 17 . 12/19/2015

This is...

Everything is...over...

I have read this with dread and love, fear and satisfaction.

The story is over...yet this is but a just a new beginning. What can I say? I loved this: loved Darim, strange to see him so attached and different from the stoic in-game Darim( so alike young Altair), I love Altair, even though his death...was 'hard' to read.

I promised I wouldn't cry, but...I aren't crying yet. But how do I resist? Everything was just awesome after ' hate me if you must' line!...

Sorry if I'm hard to understand.

I loved the trio: Desmond, Ezio, Altair, the other characters: Clay, Lucy, Rebecca, even Shaun, Malik, Sef, Darim, Claudia , Maria and Maria, Bartolomeo, Volpe, Paola, Leonardo, Yusuf, all the assassin recruits and Den leaders...all of the great characters you wrote with dignity and in rich detail, and with a great interpretation. Damn, I even loved the bad guys: Selim, Ahmet, Suleiman(but not for his baddie future), Cesare and Rodrigo Borgia, Abbas and the guys from AC and AC II.

This being said, I will miss you!

Note: thanks for that inspired, well-placed final lesson on Muslim culture/religion.

There is something I wanted to guide you towards since Clay wanted to leave Animus with Desmond.
I wanted to mention a series of video games that might suit you well: check my message for more info.

And for the spirit of holidays: (if you care for such things) Merry Christmas!

Here comes: the Last chapter!
Elven-in-name chapter 16 . 12/18/2015
Well, a looo...ng chapter!

Ok, I gotta say, first, I loved the changes you did to the plot. It was simpler and in some aspects, more in-depth; see Suleiman and Selim for example(s). I also loved to see Piri taking another great part in the events that developed here.

Sofia's "rape" was alright.

What I didn't like, or to say, seemed odd and impossible was that trek through mountains-700 kilometers, really? Still, this is fiction, after all. So, no harm done.

And now, the best part-of-this-chap award goes to:...Yusuf!

Of course it does. It was ...heartbreaking, it almost made me cry/weep/sob...and it was ways better than his death in-game. Still, I liked that, too...

Hmm, short Altair part, but it is understandably good, even as short as it was...

Chap. countdown:...2? ;) :( .
Elven-in-name chapter 15 . 12/18/2015
Well, I loved this.

First, Desmond. Wow. I think this is the most interesting part where he makes an appearence. If I were him , I would have just cursed fu**ing Lucy for being a traitorous b**** she was. C'mon, he was just so lured after her when she was alive, but after being told the truth by the Apple, he still defends her? He's an idiot. But it was nice.

And for Clay... Really, I almost started to weep at that phone call he heard from his dad. I'm still sad. He died, but his father finally came around? F***...heartbreaking.

Touchy.

Anyways. I liked to read the rest of the chap, especially because Piri was included. They were the Deadly Duo, spies in mission-like. ;) Thank you for that, it was a welcomed surprise. Much like Suleiman, as I mentioned in one of the previous reviews.

And as Clay said, "thanks, for making sense". I mean, in-game, Ezio was either a careless shmuck, or a very lucky bastard. Or both.
Yet your (capitalize that) interpretation of this sequence made very much sense.

And Ezio ...seriously? Didn't expect that, no? Yeah, sure. Captain oblivious.

Ah, something else...I forget. Ah, right...Lee? Explain that.

Chapter countdown: 3.
Sad, so sad.
Elven-in-name chapter 14 . 12/16/2015
Wow. The best part of the game in one chapter. Kinda sad, really. Not dissapointing. This is because it was full. Hard to explain.

Well, I forgot to mention, Tarik's death chapter could be called "Mistakes". I really like Ezio making mistakes, because of the process of learning that starts from there, besides his character gains more charisma and humanity, more realistic traits. Unlike Altair, I feel Ezio is sometimes just a trope, or a cliche.

Like his proposal to Sofia. It felt a little...regular. I understand your point: commitement. And I totally agree, but...this is what we expect him to do. Not his society. But I get the sentiment...and I liked that scene in the... park? I thought it was the cemetery...by looks of it.

And you be blessed for the part of Altair. You are so right about him. And I love
the themes of Altair chapters, which are apparently regular, and span from : wisdom, familly and loss of it...to forgiveness.

And Tazim! (just that)

And after that, the coolest part of the game, the Halich battle! In the game it was the perfect ending for the sequence and a great transitory memory.
I even had fun , my friends around , and I managed full synch the first time doing it!

Desmond next? More surprises?

Chapter countdown: 4.
Elven-in-name chapter 13 . 12/16/2015
Wow. A wonderful chapter, though I am sorry I was stressed to read this quickly because...of everyday life.

Desmond was brilliant. Best image of his past by now! I praise your plenty of details in the paragraphs dedicated to his past, and I know it must have required a lot of research. I agree with you about Mr. North.

Clay was ...wow. Shocking past. A**hole dad...

Suleiman!was awesome. Mush more detail about him then I ever expected. And Ahmet...his past was confusing. He's a 'skinny' character, unerdeveloped.
Tarik was nice, as much as a death could be.

Did you notice Ezio's Janisarry mask in-game is cracked?

Ah, the last two Assassin Missions are done, and now the Masters deserve their name and I am GLAD they can become the leaders humanity needs.

Obelius' mission was my favorite from the game, but I couldn't get a full synch for the second part. I regret that.

Ah, I just loved the culture lessons and the little bits of Turkish that slipped in the dialogue , here and there.

Chapter countdown: 5. :(

Useless to ask, but...'idle' means...?
Elven-in-name chapter 12 . 12/14/2015
Ah, WOW. A full chapter dedicated to Altair!

AWESOME.

I have to tell you I loved this! The best thing I've been reading , lately.

It started quite slowly, dull reminder of what happened during Altair's absence, and to be honest I was a little sleepy as I read it...but then...

I saw the cool characters this chapter had and I loved them.

I'll begin with : Altair.
I totally agree with the reason why you like him over Ezio, his eternal evolution and adaptation to life-events. His learning, as you said. I admire that.
And his Eagle(Sense) was also present here and I couldn't ignore it.
Altair was a star.

Maria...ow, she was surprising and expected. I want to tell you she's the best woman model in the series. I mean, I like her personallity and, honestly, at over fifty years she's gorgeous. The game's graphics engine does magic, she's the most beautiful woman character I've seen in a video game , and that beautiful accented way when she said 'Maybe. But we walk together". Altair was/is a lucky man. I would want to hear my wife tell me that before we die(hopefully at 60 plus years). Coplaint about her(kind of): she was just too forgiving, after Malik's death.

Btw, Malik was nice. A little copy-paste from OBY, but nothing which I fell bothered by. Complaint(again kind of): he was physically weak, but clear minded? I guess OBY does him justice and works that aspect.

Others: Swami was nice, in a way. It was nice for him to have a name. I remembered Baraka. I loved the description vs dialogue thing, you know what I mean. Sofia's Importance at the end-nice, unexpected. Muslim religion.

Words to work out/figure out/define please: squalor, cur...smth else.

Sadly, chapter countdown untill I finish reading this fic: 6.
Elven-in-name chapter 11 . 12/12/2015
Okay!

Chapter two of my weekly (already) portion.

Hmmm...tasty. Really, it was about culinary skill at some point, so...

I liked the filler, even more than in AC B Novelization. Now I am a bit sad it's done, but I won't complain.

I liked the part with Sila and her background. I liked Tarik's tail and his portray.
But the best part and main asset of this chapter was : ...Sofia!
Really , I loved her. Passionate and curious about Ezio's misteries.

Yusuf was there , too.

Ah, about sins. Did you noticed that Tarik's capital sin(if you know what that is) is Pride. But he was killed just for that? Hmm. I am waiting for a read about that in the next chapters. And did you notice Gluttony is a common sin among Templars: Abu'l Nuqoud, The fat guy Ezio kills in San Gimignano in ACII, Juan Borgia in AC B, and Manuel P. In Revelations...another Hmm.

I am seriously thinking if I should finish reading this fic before Christmas, because I don't know what I'll read else from you. And I don't want to lose touch with your wonderful writings.
Elven-in-name chapter 10 . 12/8/2015
Ah, I couldn't (literary couldn't) wait until week-end to read this, so here I am.

Oh, Altair was just awesome.
I was drowning in nostalgia over the course of his part of the chap.
I loved his eagle's 'awakening' as I've picked up on the subtle words describing him as the beautiful bird.

And you could have easily named this chapter : "Passion". Still, I'm somewhat glad you didn't.

I hoped it would be a chapter fully dedicated to the Ancient Master, but this was as long as you could write it, I understand.

I could have read Ezio's part another time, I didn't want to break the nostalgia over Altair. But I'm still glad I kept reading. That's because I loved the tying together of Kasim and Fusun's 'loose ends'.

And Desmond! And Clay! were nice. It was nice to 'see' them after a while. Poor Clay. Damn, I now realize the guy literary sacrifices his soul to save Des from deletion. Btw, useless trivia, 'animus' means soul/psyche and maybe, mind.

Ah, the girls power, eh? Right. I actually agreed with that in something I had to write recently. It was and essay centered around a phrase : " A man's world'. I firmly said women are equals to men, and in some circumstance even better than them. I offered writing as an example, and I was thinking of you, well and some other fics I used to read.

And I am glad to read about something...familiar. The tradition of throwing(casting) a cross into a mass of water is something we do here, too. It is said that the man who retrieves the cross is blessed. Still, I never did that and probably never would do it, cause ceratain body parts of mine are rather sensitive to cold. And here water is quite literary freezing, even in the sea.