Reviews for When Doves Cry
jeahu8473 chapter 17 . 7/23/2020
I don't remember when I first started reading this fanfic, but it's one of the very few that I come back to reread every few years, because the story is so beautiful and well-written. Thank you for writing this! Sending well-wishes to you and your family. :)
dietmtdewbaby chapter 17 . 6/27/2020
Such an amazing story! I hope you decide to continue it one day. But either way it’s still a wonderful piece of work!
Shelllee24 chapter 17 . 6/9/2019
I really like this story and am very interested in seeing how it developed further. Maybe you can come back to this story sometime in the future
Sara chapter 17 . 3/24/2019
I love your fanfic! I can’t wait to read more! I’m sorry you’ve experienced backlash. You have written a great story!
Jennifer Weed chapter 17 . 1/30/2019
This is such a beautiful, beautiful chapter. I've loved this whole story and how you've handled such a sensitive topic with such wisdom and compassion. But this chapter feels like a win for so many of us who have had to fight through trauma to enjoy intimacy the way it was meant to be enjoyed. I cried, I laughed, I got angry, and I wanted to stand up and shout every time Emma regained her voice and will. Well done!
Ness fan 01 chapter 17 . 12/31/2018
I reread this story today — I don’t think I’d read the last three chapters before. This is such a well told story, especially considering the tough subject matter. You’re doing an excellent job. I will never understand how anyone thinks they have the right to complain to a fan fiction writer about anything. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. If it’s taking longer than you’d like for an update, keep your mouth shut. People have real lives that take priority. Every update is a gift — for which I sincerely thank you.
TutorGirlml chapter 17 . 11/28/2018
Wow, I just have to reiterate how much I love this story. Even in the sadder and more painful bits, it's still just so a privilege and so engrossing to read a story so deeply heartfelt and affecting. You just manage to get me by the heartstrings (several times per chapter usually!) every singe time you add to this verse!
In this particular chapter, the anxious tension felt by both Emma and Killian and the monumental step they intend to take permeates the whole chapter in a way that pulls us in and keeps us on the edge of our seats aching with them in both nerves and anticipation for what will happen next. I loved too how you introduced that sensation early on with Killian sitting through the official meeting, but his mind straying to Emma and wanting nothing more than to get back to her as soon as possible.
I also really enjoyed the scene with Ruby. Her rapport with her goddaughter and her obvious care for Emma are so wonderful to read, as is the sense that she also wants to see Emma open up to the right person, have fun and laughter and desire in her life again. Her playfulness and mischief is a lovely bright spot, as were her thoughtful gifts for Emma. However, I have to admit that I also was more than a bit glad to hear that she is seeking Neal out in her wolf form and won't hesitate to dole out her own sort of justice if she catches him before Emma's parents and the proper authorities.
One favorite part of the chapter, that really touched my heart, was how gently Killian approached Emma once they were truly alone, both with his words and the thoughts he had behind them. How he wanted to be sure it was all her choice, that he never wanted her to fear him. I love how he does want to give her new, better experiences, and she wants that from him, but I can understand how so much trust being placed in him would be daunting. I loved that he thought of Liam's words of honor and respect, no matter what station of life they were born into, to ground himself in that moment.
Their actual encounter was so raw and so tender - really wonderfully done, in my humble opinion.
Then there's this bit near the end: "And with all the tender care he had in his heart for her, Killian did his best to do just that. Because he loved her. He'd lover her for so long, it felt like forever. But Emma wasn't ready to hear that yet, not when she still feared the intimacy that could be communicated in a kiss. For now, he could only show her, and hope that his actions could make plain what he couldn't yet form into words." So lovely and amazing! And the fact that he also got to feel the baby kicked with her afterwards? This was wonderful. I have so much hope for them; even if there's still a long road ahead.
((P.S. I am so incredibly sorry that you've had to deal with badgering and unkind comments and demands where this story is concerned. I can really only imagine how draining this story must be to write - especially with what Emma is going through in the story. I genuinely hope you don't give it up and want you to know how well-written and thoroughly loved it is. Wishing you all the best as you continue and hope that people back off and let you work patiently.))
Zerousy chapter 17 . 11/22/2018
I don't care how long it's been or how jumbled my momory is on this story (every time there's an update I keep thinking they're still at Ariel's home) this still rocks.
lawrrasaur chapter 17 . 11/10/2018
I was completely oblivious of the negative experiences you’ve had regarding this as I am not on tumblr, nor do I read reviews. When I read your note on the update I immediately started the story again from chapter one because I wanted to experience it cohesively. I wanted to compliment you for your perseverance, and tell you that despite your anxiety and depression, mean comments from others, difficulties finding the motivation to write, the newest chapter does not reflect any of those frustrations and difficulties, nor does it feel tainted. Even if you are not in the same headspace as you were when you started, It reads as the same story, and that says a lot about a writer. It is amazing to me that you found the strength to post again, openly inform us all the struggles, clarify your right to work on whichever story you choose, and risk another onslaught of negative comments (as there is always someone dissastisfied no matter what). I hope that was not the case anymore and I hope that people remember it’s real live humans contributing their free time to provide free content, time that no doubt could be spent elsewhere. I rarely post comments or reviews even if I really love something. But just wanted to say this story is fantastic. The characters are true, and it is very very well written. You’re a great writer, and never mind negative comments. For every nasty one, there are twice as many people who appreciate the time you dedicate to fanfic and never say it. So I wanted to say it for once. Thank you
Guest chapter 1 . 11/5/2018
To the last guest - “readers have feelings too” ... fic writers don’t owe you anything! They write for free, it is not their day job. They don’t earn money as if they were writing books. You can’t force a story out of someone. If all you’ve ever sent was love and encouragement, you wouldn’t have upset anyone. If it was your review(s) that upset the writer, clearly they were not loving and encouraging words. If you only have one fic holding you to the fandom and you’re upset about the story, the writer, or whatever, perhaps it is time for you to move along as you suggested. You’re not doing any good by making this all about you.
Mrs Sparky chapter 17 . 11/5/2018
Hello! You don't know how excited I was when I saw this story alert in my inbox. Your story is one of my all-time favorites and I always have a great time reading (or re-reading) it so I saved the update for the end of the day to have sufficient time to appreciate it. Yes, I am this crazy.
As it seems, not everyone appreciates an update like this and it made me a little bit sad to read your comment the beginning of the chapter. It is a shame that you feel the need to explain yourself so thoroughly because some people obviously forgot about this thing called decency. I don’t write but I understand enough about creativity to know that it is something you cannot force. So if there is no inspiration for a certain project then it is sometimes the best option to focus on another thing. End of the story. So to every person who gave ChainOfPaperclips shit for not posting fast enough: *Get a life.*
Now, I also have something to say about the actual chapter. To me, this chapter was quite the surprise. I did not except Emma and Killian to take on the “I want to have sex with you” this quickly and certainly not to this extend. However, it was beautiful to read with how much love and empathy Killian helped her through this difficult situation and to see how much Emma has come to trust Killian. It feels like she is on a good way to fully accepting (loving, even?) herself again. Also, I keep my fingers crossed that she will keep the baby in the end for her sake and for Killian. Thank you for this lovely chapter! Love, Regina

PS I hope you receive for each shitty review or message at least 100 good ones.
ChainOfPaperclips chapter 17 . 11/5/2018
Author, here. I've been debating the wisdom of climbing into my own comment box, so to speak, because normally I think that's kind of tacky, but I think there may be a case of genuine misunderstanding, here. So in case the guest reviewer who thinks I deleted his or her review is still around, let me clarify that I haven't.

I have a feeling what may have happened, if you left your review as a guest, is that it was stuck in the queue waiting to be moderated (something I had to put in place for guest reviews because of harassment), and it simply hadn't posted yet. Unless I log in to moderate the guest reviews, they won't post for a few days. And since I've been busy writing for NaNoWriMo, I haven't logged in to moderate, and I've just been letting guest reviews auto post.

I genuinely don't see any reviews that could be considered offensive, though, upon re-reading them. So I am really confused as to what review was being referenced that I supposedly deleted.

The only other alternative is that the website ate your review for some reason, and it never came through.

And while I hate to see a reader leave over what appears to be a genuine misunderstanding, if you feel it's time to go, then I guess that's that. I've considered packing it all up and leaving many a time myself, but I have promised my readers I will finish my stories, and I am determined to do so. If you, however, feel it's become too toxic to stay, then you need to do what's best for you.
Sapphiremae chapter 17 . 11/5/2018
What an amazing update to this wonderful story. I’m so sorry you are having to deal with petty comments from rude people and those without patience. Continue to delete the comments that are counterproductive, no one needs to validate them. Take the time you need and those of us who love the story and adore your writing will still be here when you are ready. You are a wonderful writer!
Guest chapter 17 . 11/5/2018
So...something about my review for this chapter clearly offended you because it wasn't posted. I've only shared encouragement and love for the story. Many, many times. I've given up trying to figure out this crazy fandom. I'm done. Done with this last story holding me to OUAT. I do hope you will finish, and for all authors out there, readers have feelings too.
Guest chapter 17 . 11/4/2018
Amazing update! I know it is difficult to hear those things and I’m so sorry people have decided to be rude and demand your creativity according to their whims. Writing is surely a process and sometimes something else might inspire you to write a different story even if another isn’t finished. I’ve heard that generally, writing like that can sometimes help when you’re stuck on another. It’s terrible for someone to chide you so. Anyway take as much time as you need for updates and I’m so glad you’re continuing this story!