Reviews for Amontillado, Chilled
thelegendarysupernerd chapter 1 . 12/10/2014
Well that was awesome, but creepy as fuck.
Zaralann chapter 1 . 11/21/2014
Awesome!
Smiling Seshat chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
Well, I loved the style, the diction, the vocabulary used... It was truly great. I would've loved to see more of this - maybe how the Wards and the Protectorate react when Shadow Stalker suddenly disappears, and what Taylor does afterwards, even if it does not mean she'll live as a villain or hero, considering she is not a parahuman.
apeljohn chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
...Good grief. That was pretty damn spine-tingling.

I absolutely love the title. You could have just written "Amontillado, Chilled - a Worm crossover" and left the rest of the page blank and it would still have conjured up the most deliciously terrifying images.
Van the Rogue Soul Drinker chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
This sent shivers down my spine, Taylor and Sophia make a great Montresor and Fortunato.
A bit of justice if anything, I mean Sophia lived by the rule of the predator, its fitting she falls to the new Alpha that she help create!
Kind of like to see more of this version of Taylor, but if this is all there is I believe its a great place to leave it.
10/10
duburu chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
sweet mother of worms. i love this the way taylor act the way she do this is great
Surianas chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
Well, I liked that. Especially the end, where Sophia unknowingly stays so faithful to her character's lines.
It would be nice to see a sequel: Taylor spent so much time on her cape persona, it would be a shame to get rid of him after only one user. Or an aftermath scene. That'd be fun to read too. Or, I'd love to see someone like Coil or Jack Slash brought down by a high school girl with a mental disorder. Taylor triggering with some minor power and then massacaring the S9 a la Masque of the Red Death would be totally epic.
ShadowCub chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
This was nice...Sophia you must have never heard the phrase, 'and the worm turned.' LOL.
tighearnach chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
Fuck the hell yes!
markeriv chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
wow this gave me shivers...
Guest chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
oh that is beautiful
andres.mullerbeck chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
interesting take on the Worm story!
very nice!
Aealket chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
Oh My, not what I was expecting.

Still, I can see it, well done.

Alan
tammin chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
Wow, just wow. You have partially captured the spirit of Poe and meshed it with Worm. Although I have to wonder, will this become Taylor's Tell Tale Heart?
NocturneKoan chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
Hmm, I like this on the basis that Sophia gets what she deserves, well, probably a bit more but who cares about semantics. I've only recently started reading Worm, so I certainly haven't finished the web novel yet, but I agree that its an amazing story from what I've read so far. About your actual writing though, I understand that this is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe, whose works are unfortunately unfamiliar to me, although I have heard of him, but I can't help thinking that at certain parts of your story, especially at the first and third paragraphs, the language is just a bit too thick with drama. I like phrases like "that hell box" but "abhorrent spawn" seemed a little to excessive, partly I think because "spawn" to me implies that Taylor also has great grievances towards Sophia's parents, which is true to some extent probably but not that much. Also in the sentence starting with "You who so well know..." is think there is an "I" missing in "that gave utterance to a threat."

For some reason Sophia getting hit with a cattle prod stood out to me more than Taylor hiding in the shadows, by the way was that a hint at her gaining a power similar to that of her nemesis or did she not gain control over insects and such in your story? I think anything to do with the E88 stands out to me though seeing as how I am of both African and German ancestry.

I liked the bit about Tinkers in comparison to normal people such as Nikola Tesla and Benjamin Franklin. Especially since capes tend to underestimate normal people a lot (justifiably, but still they do). Another thing that stood out to me was towards the end when Sophia tries to plead for her life and her laugh makes Taylor's hairs stand on their ends, I was wondering whether this is out of a chill at her own actions or how out of character it seemed for Sophia or something along those lines. I also see the poetic justice in Sophia drowning.

Well, I'd say overall you did a great job on this! It'd be awesome if you were to post more Worm fanfiction in the future.
45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3