Reviews for Welcome to the club
Star Gurl chapter 1 . 3/21
Oh its the latter
It is very much so the latter
Kaitou Robin chapter 41 . 2/4
Super Good. Thanks for the Chapter.
Kaitou Robin chapter 29 . 2/4
Seriously, This is really great. I'm loving ever chapter.
Kaitou Robin chapter 27 . 2/4
I am loving your story so far.
Kaitou Robin chapter 15 . 2/4
You right about using Atomic Bomb as reference point. America had a No Bombing List, in order not to destroy real cultural significance, like Kyoto. Another Note, don't get trick about that Japan was trying to surrender before the Bombs. Because If you read the terms the Japanese proposed it wasn't surrender, but temporarily ceasefire until they rebuild themselves up again. Basically they what their military government and all officials who started the war to be guarantee to stay in power. Yeah, no the Alliance are not idiots. The Atomic Bomb was largest terrorist attack in history in order to dismantle WW2 Japan government and military to put in place a democracy, and to change the country mindset to not even look at the notion of war. Even then the bombs were worser in the field than in testing. Which why they quickly vow to never to used the Atomic Bombs again.
Thinking back to Anakin and all the clues that some aspects of his personality that definitely are still present in Vader in the movies (absolute flyboy, for one, an appreciation for creative solutions for another), I have a feeling that Vader may actually approve of Han's inclination to literally fly Leia into the Capital each day.
Except, of course, for the part where he wants to do it in the Falcon.
And to a lesser degree because it's too conspicuous amid the flurry of everyday average shuttles, while still in the air - which logically should be the first objection anyone else would have to the plan, but Vader absolutely cares more about "the disreputable scrapheap" part no matter how well he has learned to claim otherwise.
While most of the Galaxy probably won't even notice the /Valiant/ on the Lady's back, it's giving me a mental leap to the grandest palanquins and highly decorated elephants with rider-baskets and trains of decorated servants, all carrying or following a Princess as a living train to emphasize her status and make a spectacle worthy of her.

I wonder if applying that variety of impression to Leia's ship, amid his elaborately trailing fleet of warships, has occurred to Vader himself? Even if no-one else notices, I suspect he would still find it quite fitting. An unmatchable display to raise and carry his treasured Daughter, and the biggest fleet of warcraft in the galaxy under his control and present to defend her, should there be any need.

To everyone else, it's the Lady Ex herself wearing the incredible train, as she warrants and it suits her well. She is, but she is also acting as the lavishly cared for and elaborately decorated elephant carrying the royal traveling basket-thing and the most precious cargo in the galaxy.
(To the Lady, that precious cargo includes Piett, but since Vader is also one of her favorite people, /his/ most precious treasures also count, thus also covers Vader, Luke, and Leia. I think she would be quite proud of that duty and his trust in her, as well, in this whole described impression I've fumbled through...)
RE "General" Lando and Han: One theory I found, in an author's note in fact, is that Lando at least may have been promoted quite early once his security-risk concerns were passed - because he is an experienced, and by all accounts quite good, Administrator and as has been pointed out even in this fic, Expertise tends to be a bit of a grab-bag/toss-up among all the passionate people who join up with the Alliance. Administrative expertise is damned valuable to keep everything running, and definitely valuable for someone of moderately higher rank who is therefore expected to organize at least some of their personnel and resources.
I find Lando getting snapped up pretty quickly into Actual Work to make sense, on that logic, though the actual titles have never entirely made sense in Star Wars and I still don't know why he'd warrant "General" unless the Alliance simply had too few options that wouldn't push him out of the chain of command for whatever they needed him to be running...
Even only looking at the movie, he did a good job in Cloud City. Prior to our first view of it, he had run Cloud City well enough it was prospering and quite liked him, even with a vast array of nominally "disreputable" sorts among his citizens and variably legal businesses. Or at least, it was in the middle of ***ing nowhere to the point it may as well have been a fairly lawless region, usually, and things were good enough despite that to have it be beneficial to strike a deal meant to keep it that way.
Then he had some Very powerful and dangerous people show up on his doorstep, negotiated a deal with them that would have kept His People safely out of scrutiny for a long time and even wasn't supposed to significantly harm his old friend Han, whom he may even have expected to end up escaping under the expected, more normal, variety of captivity. As things progressed, he adapted to try and keep both his people and his friend's girlfriend safe even at Han's expense. He witnessed the Empire delegation steadily whittle away and discard the promises he was banking on, bit by bit, showing their Vows to leave Cloud City alone to be far less worthwhile than he'd hoped, and he adapted to that too.
By deciding that the Empire's promises weren't worth the air breathed to voice them, after all, and do an about face on obliging them. So he called out to All of His People a warning to clear out, and started absconding with Leia et al to safety. Even there, his actions with the Falcon helped distract the Imperial forces from his fleeing people, though Luke's "duel" and Vader's orders probably did the most effect for that. The scale of the mass-exodus also likely helped screen them individually, while also screening the Falcon somewhat in the confusion.

So a moderately ranked Lando Calrissian might be entirely plausible for pragmatic reasons, even if "General" is still a slightly odd choice to many of us.

It certainly would make more sense than gaining the rank for a single heroic adventure alone, even if that kind of thing makes for a good timing to make a show of the announcement. Morale is important when you are vastly outnumbered by the enemy. ; )
marvinkitfox1 chapter 64 . 12/22/2021
Love this story.

Thanks to you, and all the other writers too.
(because there are at least 5 distinct writing styles in here)
fudgingtoperfection chapter 64 . 11/10/2021
First of all, I just want to say that I have never written a review before; this story is the first that I have liked so much as to do so. I binged this in, like, three days, staying up way too late because I just couldn't stop. I absolutely love it.
To name a few things in particular: I love how you made the Lady a character in her own right; she's fantastic. I love the way you describe Vader's Force presence as black flames and the way they wrap around Luke and Leia in protection sometimes. I also love the italicized interjections and occasional footnotes; I think they are well done and/or hilarious.
In short, I love this story, and I love your writing. I really hope you continue this because you've done an amazing job so far and I'd love to see where you take it and how things (read: Skywalker family relationship) develop.
omnipotent Porunga chapter 64 . 10/31/2021
Hooked to the fic, LOVING IT! Now waiting for Mara Jade with bated breath!
Guest chapter 64 . 10/1/2021
This is one of the best stories I've ever read! And this is just a request, but could you write an epilouge including
1. A happy ending for Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin Solo
2. The Solos and Fels and Antilles kids discussing their crazy family dynamics
IntelEwok chapter 64 . 8/13/2021
Ah, reread the (so far) whole story again, for the 5th or 6th time... Still love it and it is never enough... I think maybe Lord Vader should adopt Leia, for-officiially strictly political reason, "to ensure the transfer of power and its acceptance for those who believes only in royal bloodlines", meanwhile should officially train Luke in Jedi arts to "redeem the crimes committed against the old Order and ensure its mistakes will not be repeated", trains him "like a son"... and the political problem might be solved.
Scarease chapter 15 . 5/21/2021
That was consider like caused plent of Imperials to go rebel consider some of them likely had freinds and family on it .
Historically much more going on Truemen was basterd of president .Japanese already line of backing out .But Truemen demanded the Emperors life and want to test no,b out .One reason that such high tension with Allied nations do fact action Nazy pulled a lot and allied nations did not want to like .Japanese where already in war with China and other Asian nations ,they afraid Russia coming it .Tureumen used various actions to provoke Perl harbor attack and even had set up to justify use bombs .Severial fleet that patrolled Perl harbor waters where called of ,Severial account radar watchers noticing thing being told to ignore it .
So Truemen insulted their honor ,was seizing ships ,and other acts .even had a demistration how Pearl Harbor could be attack with a Japanese ambassador general watching .
Truemen knew best way to get American people to enter a war was make them believ that their attack first .
Scarease chapter 14 . 5/21/2021
Sounds like build new Empire/Republic alliance to destroy the corrupt and incompidemt elements with Empire to forge better system hopefully .
1,593 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »