Reviews for What Time Cannot Erase
youmeandlokid chapter 14 . 8/23
Legolas' feelings as he contemplated the stone path , and then disappearing ; I have had such feelings , and I find you expressed them very well .
I love how Ainion first appears in this chapter , just when Legolas needs him most , like he's watching over his friend even now .
No , Bad Benion ! Bad Elf ! Oh Benion , why are you such a butt ? things are hard enough for you , you don't need to make them worse for yourself - or anyone else ! I love that line about how he woke up that day - something tells me he has a lot of days like that XD Loved Erestor's part and the end of that segment :)
Elrohir and Legolas' talk outside the stable was very well done . Elrohir's explanation felt natural affectionate and earnest . I love how you develop characters .
Aww , the room the twins gave him... beautiful piece of this story :) Oh Elrohir , you don't know what you're asking for ! Prophetic words !
Haha , that line about Legolas' nerves and a battlefield-room , great XD
Oh-the picture ! That almost made me cry ... it's presence , the placement , and you introduced that moment so beautifully !
When Ainion appeared again and stood by the others - I can't even describe it ! And then Elrohir's question and Legolas' answer - I'm just gonna melt into a puddle of squishy heart-goo now ...
"Legolas ?" I nearly screamed at that one , really. Gave me chills . That whole section of this chap - from Elrond's statement , through the other's discussion - their reactions and emotions ,their words and how they're said , the trail of the subject matter , was just perfect . And the nick-names are back :D
Oh Legolas stop tormenting your self ! Don't take mistakes as your own when they're not !
Elrond's hunch was great and I love his interaction with Legolas . It feels like an important part of the story ( though perhaps small compared to everything else ) and so genuine and right . Beautifully highlights the bond they have been forming . You handle small , delicate moments and the larger components of your story with equal grace , I don't know how you do it :)
The storm was a very nice touch and Legolas' reaction was just so sweet and precious . Gosh that ending ! Just too perfect !
UltimateNinjaOfDoom chapter 16 . 7/9
awwww that was a very beautiful story, I loved it to bits :)
kei chapter 16 . 4/24
I enjoy your story very much
maupe chapter 16 . 4/23
Finally I came to read. A new job robbing a time.
Unfortunately a short review, because I lack the necessary formulations in English.

A definite wow for this story. You've drawn highly differentiated characters with fine pen and reproduced sophisticated dialogs. It would be happy to read more.

KaribookWorm chapter 16 . 4/22
I can't believe it's over! I cried so hard!
Green Eyes and Blue Insanity chapter 16 . 4/20
You have broken me. Im going to stand here and alternate between laughing and crying for the rest of my life. I hope you are proud of yourself.
In all seriousness, I am so incredibly glad i first stumbled across your story who knows how long ago. I know I've told you many times before, but I LOVE IT. You are a fantastic author and I can't wait to read what's coming next! :D
Great work!
careless7 chapter 16 . 4/18
Can't wait for the sekuel !
pinksugarrush chapter 16 . 4/17
Absolutely beautiful story! I'm sad to see that it's coming to an end, but absolutely thrilled there will be a sequel. I'm totally on board with the sequel.

My heart just went out to Legolas when Legolas told Thranduil that he saw rain for the first time. It shows how closed off his life was due to the condition of his home. And Thranduil's reaction to it and holding Legolas was just a sweet, beautiful moment.

I was grinning from ear to ear when Elrohir and Elladan showed up to his room while Thranduil silently witness the interaction between them through the ajar door. I was just 'awwing' throughout this whole chapter and then when the twins came to Legolas' home to keep their promise, it was just icing on the cake.

I'm ecstatic for the sequel and I'm wondering what the plot premise will be about. Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll fall in love with it since your writing does just that.

A wonderful piece of work, mellon nin!
ReHit chapter 16 . 4/17
Ok. The chapter was MORE than perfect. So many precious parts and quotes that I’ve got amazed and overwhelmed by their magic. Got so happy too knowing you’re planning your next story. Please, don’t torture us for too long waiting… And I might say that during the story I’ve seen many “new things” I didn’t expect, but that in my opinion just upgraded it. And something tells me, these “new things” will, consequently, improve this new coming story too? Some suspicions, and raising facts and problems that might come up soon? I’m bleeding my tongue to not speak much… But, oh, I didn’t like Alagos, just for the record… hehehe Sorry for the long and disorganized review xD

-Owhnnn... Yeees! The scene I was so eager to see. The first meeting between Legolas and Estel. So simple, so caring and so genuine… I’ve never seen any other as beautiful as this one “That was the reason elves did not have any more children. Nothing would make them more vulnerable”. And then Legolas finally could see another side of his father’s words “the king had his reasons to consider him one of his greatest weaknesses”. The following scene when Legolas makes a promise to himself he would certainly be part of young Estel’s life and see him growing up was heart-warming too, once we have the luck to know how fortunate, strong and special their friendship would become in the following years: “Many roles you had in my life, mellon-nîn. You were like a father when I was a little boy, a brother, when I grew up, a friend every time I needed one (…)If I die by your side, Legolas, mellon-nîn. If we don't last until the sun comes to bless us again, I want you to know this, and may this truth never fade in your heart: I have always noticed everything you did for me, all your smiles of encouragement, all the times that, like today, you offered me your hand, closing your eyes to tomorrow. All these things are, and will always be, engraved in my soul... If I die by your side, Legolas, my friend, my brother, it wasn't before I said thank you”
-Really small detail, but that fit perfectly in the story: the El not being able to follow Legolas because Elladan was still recovering.
- Elrond looked at him tenderly."I am glad I can count on a warrior such as you, mellon nîn. I hope I do not need your services, but if I do I will feel pity on the enemy who dares to stand in my way."….. Loved this part! Elrond always carrying a fatherly, caring, light tone in his voice that makes everyone he takes as his child feel like the most important person in the world, always safe and beloved. Or in this part ” "If I could just listen to my heart, I would lock the gates and make you stay here with us, child, because your presence has changed things that I thought were too marked by time to be changed. However, there are more priorities in this world than my father's heart, so all I can do is to give you reasons to come back to us when you can."
-How amazing is to see the different postures adopted by the elven lords. Elrond, living in Imladris, carries in himself the feeling of safety and welcoming so everyone may feel comfortable to heal from their injuries and recover themselves to keep going. And Thranduil, constantly fighting in Mirkwood against darkness, was forced to harden his heart so he would be strong for those who counted on him, and it’s exactly in his harshness that most of times he shows his true affection for Legolas. It’s just a matter of seeing what feeling is truly behind his words and armor.
-It breaks my heart every time I see Legolas suffering because he thinks he did something wrong or disappointed his father. Always condemning himself for some guilt or mistake he thinks he’s responsible for, struggling for the king’s approval and affection. And despite of what I wrote about Thranduil being a good father in his way, as a leader, he always knows the most effective way to do things, including punishing his son. How can he make Legolas feel guilty for apologizing to him and trying to get closer in their relationship? And, you brought me into tears when Legolas mentioned his mother’s death during the discussion, the original point where all this fragile situation started to be established. How heavy is the weight Legolas carries in his heart and conscience to truly wish Thranduil’s punishment so he could feel absolved?
-And another spin, showing how good leader and father Thranduil is “Our belongings talk about us. Nothing can be so important to us that it can be used as a weapon against us. Things cannot be more important than people are. Nothing can be more important to us than our people. They are our reason for fighting. No one must know who we really are or what truly drives us. No one should know our strengths and flaws. No one needs to know our names, our deeds. Only when our enemies are aware of their imminent deaths at our hands—and only at that moment—can they know who we are and what we are capable of (…)"The only thing that you are allowed to keep as yours, senseless elf," Thranduil said, instinctively bringing Legolas closer to him, "is what you have here." He placed his open hand on his son's chest. "And what you have here." He put his hand on Legolas' forehead then. "Those are things no one can steal or use against you, since they are well guarded." And all of this was closed with that precious description of Legolas seeing the rain in a so close moment between father and son. I’ve told this before, but again, THAT’S THE KING THRANDUIL IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PORTRAYED IN THE MOVIES!
-Great final! The El visiting Legolas as it should have been years before. Aaand, Legolas was right, the King always knows. More than people think.
Lia Whyteleafe chapter 16 . 4/17
I wasn't expecting this. But then, maybe it couldn't have ended any other way.

Legolas meets Estel...and thus the friendship is born.

Thranduil...If Legolas was my child, and he had been missing after his squadron had been killed, I would hold him fast and not let go for a very long time. Thranduil probably does love his son, in his own way - why would the twins have been allowed to visit? But he seems to think that he can't show that love in order to make Legolas the Prince that Mirkwood needs. He's a King before he is a father. But can't he see that he's hurting his child?

Thank you for this journey, Sadie.
Nako13yeh chapter 16 . 4/17
OMG this tore me apart... how could you~~~ XD especially Thranduil destroying the book... but but most especially since this is the end!

Okay omg.. i'm excited for the next one.. don't stop. omg. i have no words to say, this is just.. perfect! It was so painful, yet beautiful and touching... but why.. what's the reason Thranduil allowed them to visit... ahhhhh so excited for the sequel... thank you for this lovely story!
HelloDenmark chapter 16 . 4/17
Beautiful chapter as always! I cannot believe that the story has already come to an end It is a marvellous piece of work that I am honored to have read! Good luck on writing the sequel and I hope to hear more from you soon!
Schattenjagd chapter 16 . 4/17
Oh, mellon-nin!
I do not know what to say! I had hoped for Thranduil to be nicer, to show Legolas he is truly loved and yet you still coninue torturing not only poor Legolas but your reader's as well! This chapter makes my heart ache!
Does Thranduil even know what he is doing to Legolas? Does he know how much he hurts him? He seems so cruel and yet he does seem to care about Legolas, only that Legolas can't really know that the way Thranduil is acting. Forcing a wood elf to stay confined in a room for 6 months? That is torture to anyone, let alone an elf like Legolas and Legolas would surely never forget the death of his friends as no matter whether Thranduil forgives Legolas, that silly elf would not forgive himself that easily.
So good to have the twins come and help Legolas. I can imagine that elfling is now more broken than ever. Thranduil tortures him with neither giving him his hatred or his love, but only being a strict king who does not know anything about his own son and expects Legolas to do great anyway, without even acknowledging when he does great!
It has been almost two years since I started reading this story and I loved every bit of it, even though you have no idea how you torture me with your words.
I can't wait for the sequel! Maybe you could pop in an update in this story when you publish the sequel, so I and others are able to see it. I just hope one day inn your sequel you will have Thranduil understand his son and give him what Legolas so craves: Close contact as in a hug and his love and forgiveness!
Also, I hope to read about Glorfindel finding out Legolas' identity at one point!
Thanks so very much for this awesome story, mellon-nin! You are such a talented writer and you are able to create feeling so grande and atmospheres so captivating it messes my brain up every single time!
Horsegirl01 chapter 16 . 4/17
I was really upset when I saw that this was the last chapter of the story, but then I saw that you are working on a sequel to it already. Yay! :) I really enjoyed the flashbacks, along with the reunion of the twins and Legolas at the end. I have to say I was a little disappointed in the reunion between father and son, however, simply because I felt like something was lacking in it... something needed to be resolved... I felt so horrible for Legolas... after all he has already endured, and he gets locked up in his room for six months... How can the poor elf have kept from fading by this point? He is blamed for everything, made to carry the weight of the world on his young shoulders, and punished severely over things that weren't even really his fault... Poor thing!
I had hoped that something drastic would happen that would bring Thranduil to his senses, but it never did... sigh... And the book... Poor, poor Legolas... that was just the tip of the iceberg, for Thranduil to burn the book...
I am hopeful that the upcoming sequel will have some resolutions in it, especially concerning Legolas and his father. Legolas deserves some closure after all... :)
I really am excited to see what your sequel will be, and I'm very sad that this story has come to an end. I so enjoy your writing, and wish you had time for more of it... :)
DaughterofThranduil1701 chapter 16 . 4/16
Yay! I'm so happy to read this, it's amazing! You're an amazing author, an I hope I get to read your sequel! Keep on keepin' on!