Reviews for The Wooden Puppet
ThatMysteriousSlime chapter 2 . 9/4
the beginning of this chapter made me laugh and cry silently.

"I passed a kidney stone. I think I might start a collection. "

I literally had to put my phone down, stand up and walk away because I just couldn't. I'm back now though so yeah
Nice chapter. Having Tony Stark go all concerned parent on Avery is simply hilarious. Foggy was also very nice. And now I can't help but imagine Daredevil fighting Captain America over a girl.
jenbt chapter 1 . 8/19
Just love this story so much!
P1R8 K1NG chapter 1 . 7/17
see this is my problem with almost every avengers oc fics, the fact that if there civilians with powers/abilities SHIELD automatically paint them as dangerous, even if some of those oc's are innocent, SHIELD kidnaps them and twist their words to somehow put the blame on them like "your powers known to usdangerous, abilities that are not under our controlpossible villain" i mean they're just human who are some even scared of their own abilities and SHIELD is not even helping that, they say "its for the greater good" or like "were just protecting the earth" but seriously though you're just protecting yourselves
waitasecondwhoareyou chapter 1 . 7/13
I also hate how they dragged her into their mess like she's a civilian she shouldn't be a part of this and they let her be a part of this they should have known shows no experience fighting her battling. I do love this story very much but the fact that they allowed her to attempt to fight the aliens and interrogate Loki seems really shady to me
waitasecondwhoareyou chapter 1 . 7/13
I respect the story for how realistic it is but I hate how everyone treats Avery and how she just takes it if it were me I'd rather kill myself Shield supposed morals were included in this and I respect that because it's been shown that they don't have morals but the inhumane treatment and the bitchiness of the other characters just ticks me off respect to your writing though
Mo chapter 29 . 7/9
Wow, what a refreshing read!

I thought I had read all the solid OC Avengers story by now, but behold!

I just spent the last few hours reading this.

This story deserves twice as many reviews and more.

It’s actually quite a breath of fresh air to read about a character who doesn’t fall head over heels directly for the Captain immediately and vice versa - or that she has no connection (genetically) to Peggy, etc. Also, kind of want to see Steve catching a glimpse of Aves in that backless, hehehe. (Matt’s a real charmer tho)

I love that Avery is spunky, clumsy, and a bit of a hermit.

I really hope you do an arc where she goes to Asgard. I would love to learn more about Fulla/see family dynamics.

Thank you!

Looking forward to the next chalter :))
Whoop, I’m the 300th review! I’ve been ghost following this story for a few years, and I really love your writing! Sorry for not reviewing earlier, but I hope to see that you update soon!

M.
MickeyMarceline101 chapter 29 . 6/19
Hello there I noticed that you're last update was April 22 and I've kinda been obsessed with this. I'm not trying to force you to write more or anything I'm just saying that this is the best fanfiction I've ever read and I'm just encouraging you so that you know how great your writing is. Don't stop!
holyghostofsteve chapter 29 . 6/15
binge read it all and love it, well done!
tamedbanshee chapter 29 . 6/9
I love everything about this, Avery as a character is really relatable and I enjoy how she interacts with everyone. They don't all just magically get along and there are genuine connections; also, I love love love how you've written both Matt and Foggy, the sass between the three of them is legendary and it makes me want more from them. Keep up the amazing work! Can't wait to see where you go with this!
Listen2me126 chapter 19 . 6/1
I don't typically review much, (bad, I know) but I've read a lot of Avengers fics and I really enjoy yours. I usually like the typical strong female characters that kick ass the most, but somehow you've made Avery so entertaining and relatable and interesting without putting her on an unrealistic pedestal, so thankyou for that. I also really love the characters of Tony and Steve, they're very true to themselves without the feeling of you overdoing it. This is the most interesting version of Steve I've read, he's in character but he isn't basic and boring like other authors make him out to be. I just wanted to let you know that I think you have done an amazing job so far and I will have a great time reading the rest.
SilverNightmares chapter 29 . 5/19
Tbh I ship her and Matt more than her and Steve.
ImRandom chapter 29 . 5/17
Holy Hell. I always forget how much I like Matt Murdock.

Thanks for that!

Also - So sad there isn't more! What about Thor? And Steve? I still have so many questions. You have me hooked. Keep up the nice work! Only comment I have to make is earlier on (when Pepper is offering Avery a job) she says her major was history, but later on she says she majored in Mathematics. Not a huge deal, just something I noticed after reading all of this in a very short amount of time haha. Hope to read an update soon!
BarbyChan4ever chapter 29 . 5/5
I loved this chapter! Matt and Avery are pretty funny together; Foggy was hilarious too! Avery's conversation with Tony was great; I hope they talk again soon though.