Reviews for A Game of Memory
Mingyu chapter 1 . 4/24
Pretty good piece, as far as intro stories go. I actually like the OC so I'm looking forward to getting into the meat of the story! I have no complaints with the spelling or grammar either.

Normally I read crossovers, so you have Lanky Nathan to thank for me actually finding this (not that I'm really all that great).

So thank you for another good story to read! I'll review again when I catch up.
Lanky Nathan chapter 1 . 4/16
That was just fantastic. Honestly, you did a brilliant job, both of you. I really enjoyed that, the humour, the sadness, the games, all of it felt like it could be right at home in the original book. This was quite brilliant and I really hope you receive many more reviews for it. I'll give it a shout out in my next chapter of A New World cause I really think it deserves it )
Sakura9312 chapter 1 . 3/30
I love it!
Wolf Moon Howl chapter 1 . 2/1
really, no words to describe this. in my personal opinion, i loved it
Wolf and MR Lover chapter 1 . 1/12
I agree, I absolutely loved the series. Yet, I was a little disappointed that there were so few fanfics on it.
Alfonse08 chapter 1 . 1/2
What a wonderful little read, I enjoyed looking at this one-shot immensely even if the end was tragic. I just started watching it today and agree that this is a good series that deserves more popularity on this site than it is getting.
Takagi chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
I-i ! WHY AUTHOR CHAN!
Unidentified Pie chapter 1 . 11/25/2014
This is AMAZING! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! I like how it's not immediately love at first sight and all that stuff but real friendship based on how their gifts make their lives boring, and they help make each others' lives more interesting! I really enjoyed this! Please keep going! :)
The 10th Wand chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Really great story, and sad at the same time.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
I totally agree that this novel/anime deserves more fanfiction
Love how well written this is!
ThoughtfullStudent chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
Superbly written and very enjoyable to read, well done!
Feng Lengshun chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
Hm... Makie here somewhat screamed of Mary Sue... I think you should have put a little more 'vulnerability' for her. That, or show a bit more a development. If you ask me, I think it's a bit too fast, the story should have been a three-shot, first their interaction, then the backstory (that sister fic), then finally show the ending in a spiraling way. If that make any sense. Oh, and I almost forgot: show her using that "rewinding" ability, in this fic it has no function in the story, thus it might as well has been removed.

Also: ["Ara? I did? Meh, just thinking about the past!" Izayoi stretched his arms. A sardonic grin appeared on the problem child's face. "Game starts in thirty minutes and I need to talk to o-chibi! So no offense Leticia I am leaving!" The boy jumped into the air, landing on a nearby building roof as he ran on top of it.] Gratuitous Japanese, one of my pet peeve. You can just change "ara" to "Huh?" or "Eh?" and "o-chibi" to "the brat" or "the shorty". It would sound better, if you ask me.

With that said, I do enjoy the story. What I really like is the interaction between Makie and Izayoi. I've always loved interactions between two snarky and sarcastic smart-asses (or more). Probably the reason why Mondaiji really appealed to me. I think that it could have used more... emotion and feels, but due to how it was condensed into a single chapter there wasn't any space to do so (hence why I had said it should have been a three-shot).

And I see that you've done your research about Beauty and the Beast. I immediately went "Oh, I see!" when Izayoi said that the Volsung Saga was the basis for it. I do think that there are earlier used of similar elements, but I think it's not wrong to think that Volsung Saga had encoded and solified the trope.

Overall, pretty interesting, but could use more development. Not bad at all, I'll try to read the sequel sometimes soon.
JNaegi chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
A rather good story! I just found what this story is based on and planning on watching it! I was somewhat confused with the main character but I think I grasp his personality.

So I'll watch the anime and gain a new perspective on it but I liked this story!
Dawn of Chaos chapter 1 . 3/12/2014
subIt was beautiful and so very touching I like how it was played out - scene wise - and even though I've never seen the show; the characters were very striking. Not to mention the emotion ; v ; Had me tearing up at the end.
Kirisakichii chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
This is epic! Especially the way you portrayed the characters' personalities. And the FEELS, love it.