Reviews for New York, New York
viennacantabile chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
wow, this was really great! you drew from both the book and the movie very nicely, and provided a great background story that's very consistent with the holly we all know and love. i found your dialogue especially very well-written and in-character.

besides the odd typo, just one tiny thing:

What was she doing in New York? It had been such a spare of the moment thing…

i think you mean 'spur of the moment.' but really, this is such an inconsequential detail compared to what you've done here. fantastic job!
fishertowers chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
This is a wonderful story, pleaase continue. You got the conversation down right.
Esme Hekate chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
For those who said that ceridwen-amyed's version of Holly was off- Don't be so harsh.

Unless you're the original author, it would be to get someone else's character down exactly. Plus, Holly is a very complex character.

I'm a pretty good judge on accuracy. Ceridwen-amyed nailed her and got as close to her as I've read in any BAT fanfiction so far.

Ceridwen-amyed, you did a very good job on this. I hope you continue to write more stories.
Bloody Priestess chapter 1 . 5/10/2006

Hello, darling!

Teehee... I just recently got admited to the long list of BoT

fanatics... its such a shame that no one has actually gone

around and written fics for this lovable movie. However, I'm

greatful you took the time and wrote this.

I immensely enjoyed this... Hoping for a spin-off...

*fingercrossed*

Kudos!

Bloody Priestess

MLynnBloom chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
Awesome story. The first I've read in this category, but it was absolutely perfect. Sounded exactly like Holly or at least something Capote would write! I loved the ending and the whole tie-in with cat and Tiffany's. Great job ;)

MLynnBloom
DarkNightangale chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
Love it! Keep up the good work!
Elfwood chapter 1 . 9/8/2004
You're a bit off on the times, but your characterization of Holly was good. I haven't read the book, but I've seen the movie and so far it seems to fit her perfectly. Just remember that this took place before headphones and all that and you'll have a great story. :-)
Sorrow Personified chapter 1 . 7/24/2004
You haven't done enough research into the time period, and you're miles off on your characterization of Holly, but otherwise, this is neatly written.
M chapter 1 . 11/22/2003
Extreme lack of knowledge of the period led to many anachronisms. There were no headphones in airplanes, no song "New York, New York", no "No Smoking" signs. Also, there would have been no need for anyone to pass through customs on arrival. Very juvenile, but an amusing effort. The author needs to read more widely in contemporary works, and get a grasp of the twentieth-century popular culture timeline.
spearsister chapter 1 . 11/21/2003
wow that was really really good!
xcountrybluegrass chapter 1 . 8/24/2003
Duh-vine. You have Holly Golightly down. You're so good at Breakfast at Tiffanies fics!
C.Bell chapter 1 . 8/3/2003
What a wonderful story! You write Holly so well, you did a lovely job keeping her in character. And THANK YOU so so much for creating a BaT section! It's about time had a space just for our Holly. :-)
She's a Star chapter 1 . 10/25/2002
This story is absolutely wonderful :) I love it. Holly is such a fascinating character, and you have her captured so perfectly...I could just see the story happening as I read.

Write more Breakfast Tiffany's fics! :) You're amazing at them, and the category definitely needs to be filled up.

Once again: simply wonderful, darling!

*Starita
drama-princess chapter 1 . 10/20/2002
*hugs herself happily* B T fics are almost as good as the real thing! And this was brilliant. . . so loverly and Tiffanyish!
Agatha Pirot chapter 1 . 10/19/2002
Going to cry. Love the movie, but I can't read that. It gave me a headache, and I haven't read it. Please fix the abhorable format so that I can.