Reviews for Interred in the Bone
Writer chapter 19 . 9/25/2014
I have read all of your Kahn/Carol stories. You are very good. I write professionally and through you clearly cranked it out (basing this on common things I do when typing away) I was very impressed. You should consider a career as a writer. My only criticism is for you to do more show instead of telling, though I understand why you have written this way. You are a good enough storyteller to write professionally and could hold your own with the rest of us.
ADorkette chapter 19 . 9/7/2014
Absolutely adored this story- especially the realistic complexities of their "relationship."

Would love to see a sequel one day; any chance you're thinking of writing one?
Poodle warriors chapter 19 . 6/28/2014
A wonderfully written story; bittersweet and heartbreaking throughout but yet I found the way you ended it to be extremely satisfying. I don't think it would have worked as well as it did with a happily ever after. And that is coming from someone who enjoys a joyful ending- well done!
V4Vasha chapter 19 . 6/22/2014
Splendid story, thoroughly enjoyed it. There were quite a few typos but otherwise very well done.
Thank you for sharing and I look forward to reading more from you... especially if it's a sequel ; )
carriejack03 chapter 19 . 6/20/2014
I loved this story, really, it was so good to read and I liked every single chapter. The end left me like this O.O
I'm sorry but I'm a fan of happy endings, I HATE when it doesn't end good... but the story was really good, I'll read something else of yours, you're really talented ;)
Ladyhawke Legend chapter 19 . 6/13/2014
This story was awesome and very well written! I truly felt the emotional turmoil of the characters and even cried a little. This story was well thought out and very true to the characters, but had a little flare of your own. Thanks for sharing this. You are an extremely talented writer. I read this all in one shot, not being able to stop until I had finished it all. It was an enjoyable way to spend an evening. It even cheered me up and helped me forget about the weariness of this past week. Please create more fun stories like this one.

Ladyhawke Legend
d1x1lady chapter 19 . 5/25/2014
Wow! Amazing story.
DanAlaya chapter 19 . 4/29/2014
I came away with a lot from your story. Reading it all in one go gave me an interesting perspective I think.
I was one of your readers who finished the story with disappointment. In the end, I wanted them to get together. I wanted Carol to make the call, or Khan to just appear. I wasn't happy with such a bitter sweet ending. They both got what they wanted, but at what cost?

But I have had some time to think. I could t write my review straight away. And I'm feeling more of an understanding. The exploration of Carol's PTSD was excellent. Something which is severely lacking from other fiction. No one would ever be OK after seeing that. Maybe an individual with psychological issues of their own, but not normal people. And this is what Star Trek is about. They may be highly trained individuals, but none of the humans are super heros, immune to psychological damage. Nor does PTSD just go away. The brain just doesn't work like that.
One of the most interesting moments in the story happened after she had just rescued khan. Either their first or second conversation, where he is still trying to figure her out, goad her a little. The way he questions her motives, her own personal moral standards. I cannot fully explain it, but it resonated deeply within me. Nothing is black and white, and even the shades of grey have tones.
I believe, you had the most realistic portrayal of Khan and Carols relationship, from inception to divergence. Environmental factors were of huge consequence. From personal experience, I know how deep a relationship can become when in a confined space with another person for extended periods of time. It was a natural progression of sorts. That and the shared traumatic history. I would hesitate to say stolkholm, since it was not. She had already made up her mind to help him. But khan a little bit. The pity and empathy in the face of the unanticipated consequences of his actions would not have been an entirely natural process for the augment. Maybe. I mean, you make a very good case for his motivations in his actions. Single minded determination to rescue his family, to exact justice on Marcus. She technically was in his way. The question still remains if breaking her leg after throwing her to the floor was entirely necessary, or having her watch the death of her father did in fact give him a perverse sense of satisfaction at the time. I mention at the time, because we already saw a similar reaction from carol when she first saw khan drugged up and being used.
The khan backstory was excellent too. Very well rounded and logical. As was his display of emotion. I have read a few fics that just don't feel right. Where as you had it right. The aloofness, and command. Even when showing affection and emotion. The occasions where he shows his dominance and irritation and anger are not over done. It's easy to forget thathe was a very patient and calculating person.

I have many things I could comment on, but I think I'm gonna end up writing an essay.
Just one last thing. Although I understand and agree with how it ended. A realistic portrayal of what would happen in real life. I cannot tramp down that small part of me that's yelling for her to make contact. She may be slightly more at peace, but it did feel as if the last time we saw her she was lost, without purpose. I'm not even sure the word content would apply. Neither khan. Absence does not make the heart grow fonder, and relationships do no define a person or bring about happiness. But they do define life and purpose. But I grew up on Disney, and I still wish that they had a possibility of a happy ever after.
Guest chapter 19 . 4/15/2014
Just read this all in one go today. How beautiful and bittersweet. Also I really appreciate when trek fic authors are obviously trek nerds with a good working knowledge of trek trivia!

Lovely. Well done.
Navah chapter 19 . 4/14/2014
Really wonderful job! Thank you for sharing this story :)
restfulsky5 chapter 19 . 4/14/2014
Only an excellent, strong author could write a story ending like you did here. It's an ending that isn't satisfactory to some but is fitting for the story and thus, satisfies the rest of us because we know you were true to the story. As you should be. Very intriguing story, the whole way through!

Maybe you could someday update with an alternative ending for those who love happy endings? (I say that for their sake...I like heartache.)
sharpestsatire chapter 19 . 4/14/2014
Oh. Wow.

So, this wrapped up nicely and everyone (kind of?) got what they wanted. Khan got his family and Carol made (made-ish? definitely made?) peace with what happened. Actually, this ending makes sense, I think. I can see why there wouldn't be a sequel... doesn't mean I don't wish there was. :P Anyway congrats on finishing this story! *throws confetti*
Overlord Rousdower chapter 19 . 4/14/2014
I liked everything about this story but the LAST CHAPTER.

*scowls* I don't think I can ever talk to you again, unless you write another story with a HAPPY ENDING.

Rousdower out
bedb chapter 19 . 4/13/2014
wow
Phone2014 chapter 19 . 4/13/2014
Someday she would risk to call him,maybe they would meet story continue in their world. We just have to guess.:)Keep channel open,Khan! I wish you luck!

Still wonderful story I you for all! I really enjoy,really very much.

I don't track someone who writes amazing thing like this,don't worry :)