Reviews for Winds of Change
DarkBlade the Damned chapter 13 . 4/4/2017
Nice Chapter!
Been really looking forward to the Successor states getting a glimpse of the Spacey and this did not disappoint.

I like how you actually portrayed them as having rational reactions to the first glimpse they get of an unknown power with Warships. I think fanon far to often falls into the trap of having them suddenly have a frothing at the mouth "Attack!" reaction.
Forgetting that whatever these peoples faults they are good at what they do. They may make mistakes but they would not have such power in the first place if they could not plan things out.

Now the only problem will be waiting for the next chapter.
One request? At some stage in the future do a chapter like this showing their reaction to the Spacey's history and the Rain of Death in particular.
If they even slightly counternance it as true it should have elements of Comstar and Wolf's Dragoons absolutely shitting bricks, which I would love to see.

Anyway continue your great work, now to go reread this from the start again
Ridli Scott chapter 13 . 4/4/2017
The mandatory reaction chapter that we all love.

It's funny watching how ComStar is planning to develop anti-power armor measures because the UN, seven years before the Clans.

"Star colonel! This stravags are counteracting all our Elemental attacks! They are using advanced anti-power armor tactics"
"What? This surats have not seen a proper power armor since the Exodus!"
"Star colonel... one of our new isorla said that was easy to defeat our 'Toads' because our power armor do not have stealth systems like the UN."
mwjen chapter 12 . 3/17/2017
Great story, thanks for posting.
Anon chapter 12 . 3/11/2017
YOU'RE UPDATING AGAIN!?
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Love this story!
Sajuuk chapter 12 . 3/11/2017
hello lol
good chapter
i can't wait to see how much experience and new tech will the UNer creat will all the post action with the mercs, pirates and slavers
i hope that the UNer will be ready for the other space nation and upgraded their mecha, warship and airship
i can't wait to read more
please go wild, have fun and write a lot
by
sajuuk
cko2 chapter 12 . 3/10/2017
Very cool chapter. Just one thing to point out, the ranges of the robotech attackers should have beennpicking off mechs and tanks at ranges unseen in the inner shrere. Most ranges of mech wepons is pretty much around 1k or less for the most part. Where the mechs where stated they can take a better pounding then the destroids, the roids should have easy to hit and run to keep range.
But still a very good story I
TheVampireStrahd chapter 12 . 3/10/2017
Very happy to see an update. This was a lot of fun to read and looking forward to the next chapter.
Fallyna chapter 12 . 3/10/2017
Lots of nods to Starship Troopers in this chapter, from the 'gorilla' power suits for the marines to Sgt Davies shakes before the combat drop, just like Pvt Rico. Worked well.

Having superior equipment is one thing, but a lucky shot from the enemy or superior numbers should still put the fear of death into you, so it's good to see this story making that clear, rather than the high tech ROFL-stomp that so many other stories employ.

This is the UNS' big reveal to the Inner Sphere, so I can't wait to see their reaction.
ESKJC chapter 12 . 3/10/2017
Always glad to see this update.
Rydan fall chapter 11 . 12/30/2016
Still Around?
If so, long week.
Do suggest you to turn your old writers profile as ajthor favourite in your current profile, that way people can more easily find it and thus your old work.

There are currently quite a few BT SI stories flooting around, look them over, might give some ideas.
Will the two Jumpship crews meet up?
Because upgrading that first jumper her core to the stats of that IU jumper her core...
Ad in several left behind jumpships thanks to core problems and other such things, they could get quite a IS trading fleet.

Will they discover the Zug... Weir before Comstar?
Heared a rumor one of her dropships had a Wolverine factory on board it and that she was drifting for quite a while.
The hunt for the SS Lucreatia(?) might have let Comstar to her location, that or back tracking the Wolfs Dragoons ( depends on time of find).
Are they nearby when the SLDF Manassas comes out of her miss jump?
Because the Lucreatia(?) and Manassas together offer a very nice jumping ability, 160 lightyears in one go, I believe.

The Argo dropship is nice, a grav deck and a second collar that might just be able to be used for daisy chaining dropships.
It certainly has a nice cargo handeling system. 52.000
The Behemoth has a nice command deck. 100.000
The Explorer has a internal grav deck. plus 52.000
The Scout has no grav deck and one collar 90.000
The Mammoth is the biggest planet landable dropship. 50.000

What it looks like to me, is that a Argo and Behemoth could be used as a cargo transfer station, at the minimum.

One thing, remember that jumpship with a tripple core?
Well, if the rumor of the Argo her second collar is true, then a jumpship xould be created with a couple of very special dropships.
Dropships capable of transporting KF cores.
Now is that not a interesting thought?
Slow delivery, fast return.

Also, why did nobody use the hull shape of a Behemoth on a Scout?
It would look way nicer and it gives you a secure command deck as well.
Similar with the Argo and the Explorer, the Argo has everything needed on a junpship, except a jump core.
I know, mass, civillian drives take 90 procent of the mass, military only 40 procent.

If you do not like this story in terms of writing, what about a couple SI stories where can abuse your knowledge of the setting?
That is, if you still write.
TheVampireStrahd chapter 11 . 12/4/2016
I just discovered this story while looking for Macross stories to read.

You've got me hooked now and I'm anxious to see what direction and story goes. I find it very interesting that you're setting this 9 years before the Clans appear. This could be an epic saga depending on where you are going.

If I remember correctly the Supervision Army were the forces opposed to the Stellar Empire and the Zentraedi forces and there wasn't a lot of Supervision Army forces out there. but given that this is a parallel universe there could be tons of Supervision Army forces and a small Zentraedi force being steadily wiped out.

I'm a big fan of the old Stackpole Battletech novels so I'm looking forward to see how political and how action oriented this goes. I'm hoping with this new arc that we will see at least the POV of one of the big Houses like Davion or Kurita.
Ridli Scott chapter 11 . 12/1/2016
You finally return to this page, I'm very glad about this.

Keep going, we need more Battletech active stories. Especially in the crossover section.
cko2 chapter 11 . 11/26/2016
Nice chapter and something a bit different. Thanks for sharing.
Fallyna chapter 11 . 11/26/2016
Really liked this chapter, as it was nice to get a closer view of the post-takeover populace than the usual 'displaced bullies plot revenge' that most authors tend to pursue. The other chapters are more of a macro view, but Phil Silver is the kind of guy that disappears into the background when major events are occurring.

Side stories can be tricky to pull off, as their appeal is usually much narrower than a broad narrative that everyone can appreciate. Looking forward to more.
FranticHamster chapter 10 . 11/24/2016
I follow this story in Spacebattles and am glad to hear you are starting to do better. This is my favorite Battletech/Robotech crossover and thank you for sharing it with us all.
96 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »