Reviews for A Neat Monster
MinP1072 chapter 9 . 3/17
"…before it turns you into something you won't recognize." It's all so much more, in light of the last month or so of canon. Don't get lost in the flotsam of the past. I'm hoping very much that they can find an equal ground on which to meet.
MinP1072 chapter 8 . 3/17
It feels like she is caught between fight or flight, and keeps landing somewhere in between off balance and alone. Because she can't see him there, waiting to catch her. Like their whole relationship is a failed trust exercise.
MinP1072 chapter 7 . 3/17
There is so much here. It's lovely and sad and hard. It's incredibly compelling, this story.
MinP1072 chapter 6 . 3/17
"He steals moments." Jesus.
MinP1072 chapter 5 . 3/17
"You should be wary of things that make perfect sense." Truer words, mate. I watch her, teeter back and forth between belief and disbelief, trust and mistrust, and I can't help but sway in sympathy. Reality, with Red, is tenuous and capricious.
MinP1072 chapter 4 . 3/17
That description of the haunting nature of the past is possibly the most perfect I have ever read.
MinP1072 chapter 3 . 3/17
It's the time, when everything is quiet and dark and desperate. Lovely.
MinP1072 chapter 2 . 3/17
Push pull give take. The chains of love and obligation. The way their silences say so much more than any words. It's so vital and vibrant here I can taste it.
MinP1072 chapter 1 . 3/17
I'm really enjoying the way you use words. The way Red is so dispassionately affectionate strikes just the right note against her lost unhappiness.
firstmorningdew chapter 9 . 3/15
Pest issue... ;) Brilliant :*
And that last part.. I was like "pls pls pls make her wait pls pls pls" LOL
bigbird12 chapter 9 . 3/14
Thanks so much for the new chapter, a truely engaging story that keeps me coming back for more. Just re-read the first 8 chapters before savouring the new one.
10 minutes until they share the "box" of wine! Can't wait!
2daysinthevalley chapter 9 . 3/13
So glad you updated this story, as I've now had the pleasure discovering it and read the all 9 chapters.
Great writing, and a really good characterisation; I thought the way they interact and talk to each other is absolutely spot on.
And love that line: " Tom is her moving backwards" in chapter 8; couldn't be more true, especially over the last 5 episodes of the serie.
Looking forward to the next chapter.
FINALLY AN UPDATE! My word! I screamed seeing the email notification. Dat mini cliffhanger, the romance, it's unbelievable ! I truly have no idea what's going on in the show anymore , stopped watching, but I'd happily except this fic as a better replacement
firerosedreamer67 chapter 9 . 3/12
Truths that can wait. ..memories to make. ..a chance just to try... Thank You!
terry1961 chapter 9 . 3/12
Nice to have another great installment to this storym