Reviews for The Lessons of Life and How It's Rarely Fair
Awmygod. It hurts. But I love it.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 1/19
That was perfect. Well Done!
StealMyShow chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
Wow, this story is so heartbreaking! The only thing sadder than Mary dying would be pregnant Mary dying because the baby would die as well, and you've managed to encapsulate that feeling perfectly without describing the death itself. I love how emotional Sherlock was because it showed that he cared for John while still staying true to the character. This can be extremely difficult to write for these particular characters, and you've done so exceptionally well.
Great story! I loved it!
GoodCoatShortFriend chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
I hope Mary dies. It's not that I don't like, her, it's just that I don't like how she disrupted the boys life. I want it to go back to the way it was before. Will you write a sequel to this, please? Including everyone's (Lestrade, Donovan, Anderson, Mycroft, Mrs. Hudson) reactions and the way they deal with it?
IloveHeat chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Actually I think the show should take your version and expand it out. This is great.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
Another beautifully crafted story! Thank you!
writer's legend chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
So terribly lovely and human. An amazingly written tragedy.
becgate chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
Loved every word! ! But I hope it never happens! !
Andrewthegreat1 chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
This blew me away. The emotions were just so perfect and it's nice to see Sherlpck comfort for once. I do think this will probably happen at some point in the show, but maybe not for a while. Great work!
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
Poor John, and poor Sherlock, and of course poor Mary.

This was really quite heart-breaking yet even in the midst of such wrenching emotion you did a wonderful job of keeping both John and Sherlock in character and none of it ever felt excessive.

Sherlock's reaction in particular was absolutely spot-on, as was John's tired attempt at humour with their customary 'People are talking, aren't they?' after they'd been hugging in the corridor for some time.

It seems wrong to say I enjoyed something as sad as this but I did, if that makes any sense! I only hope that if/when these events unfold onscreen we get to see something as good as this.
jbug chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
That was just beautiful. I can barely see the letters I 'm typing -I 'm still wiping the tears away. Great job!
Fang's Fawn chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
Wow...that was...just wow. Well-written, and beautifully handled. That was perfect, exactly the way I feel both the boys would react in such a situation...emotionally charged, but not over-the-top or out of character for either. The Moftiss would do well to handle it in this way if they do choose to go this route (wince). It's so hard to write Sherlock well, and so many people make John over emotional when he really is very stoic, and you handled them both great. Awesome job!
AJP910 chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Hello,
Even though it was a sad premise, I liked this story a lot. I also agree that Mary will probably not be long for this world when the series returns, if it follows canon at all. And Sherlock could very well play the comforting presence- he has learned a lot these last few years. I think he will be upset at her loss, although I didn't really buy the "surgical" shot theory- he DID flatline and die at least briefly. BUT, anyway...lol. Thank you and keep writing,
joan
NarutoRox chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
THIS. Just, just this. The amount of feelings this gave me was breath-taking. Not only did you keep them all so wonderfully in character, you gave them even MORE depth to their characters as well...I'm in complete awe.

This is by far the saddest Sherlock fanfiction I've ever read, but it's also my most favorite.

Thanks for sharing it with us!
no valid name chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Ow. That hurt my heart.
I can defiantly see Mary dying in the next series.
Which is a horrible thing to think of.
The feels.