Reviews for The Lessons of Life and How It's Rarely Fair
Effie17 chapter 1 . 5/31
Great story.
Jesuslovesmarina chapter 1 . 5/25
I know, I'm so scared she's about to die next season, too. I haven't gotten to the part in the books yet, but I hear she gets killed off in them. And Moffat or somebody said they had their entire cast in tears...
Orange3WhiteSkew chapter 1 . 4/17
Poor John and Mary and the baby i i
lisa.ryanz1oh1 chapter 1 . 3/28
I suppose everyone's going to have their own take on this story, but I have to say, tricky it may well have been, but I found it quite believable. John and Sherlock's relationship is something that only the two of them can ever truly and completely understand. Most of us readers and viewers like to see things a certain way, but who they really are is something we are unlikely to ever truly understand.

But, I've always held to the belief that Sherlock has always been more human than he's ever let on to anyone until John 'saw' him, so this story makes perfect sense. Thank you for writing it. :)
Awmygod. It hurts. But I love it.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 1/19
That was perfect. Well Done!
StealMyShow chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
Wow, this story is so heartbreaking! The only thing sadder than Mary dying would be pregnant Mary dying because the baby would die as well, and you've managed to encapsulate that feeling perfectly without describing the death itself. I love how emotional Sherlock was because it showed that he cared for John while still staying true to the character. This can be extremely difficult to write for these particular characters, and you've done so exceptionally well.
Great story! I loved it!
GoodCoatShortFriend chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
I hope Mary dies. It's not that I don't like, her, it's just that I don't like how she disrupted the boys life. I want it to go back to the way it was before. Will you write a sequel to this, please? Including everyone's (Lestrade, Donovan, Anderson, Mycroft, Mrs. Hudson) reactions and the way they deal with it?
IloveHeat chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Actually I think the show should take your version and expand it out. This is great.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
Another beautifully crafted story! Thank you!
writer's legend chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
So terribly lovely and human. An amazingly written tragedy.
becgate chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
Loved every word! ! But I hope it never happens! !
Andrewthegreat1 chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
This blew me away. The emotions were just so perfect and it's nice to see Sherlpck comfort for once. I do think this will probably happen at some point in the show, but maybe not for a while. Great work!
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
Poor John, and poor Sherlock, and of course poor Mary.

This was really quite heart-breaking yet even in the midst of such wrenching emotion you did a wonderful job of keeping both John and Sherlock in character and none of it ever felt excessive.

Sherlock's reaction in particular was absolutely spot-on, as was John's tired attempt at humour with their customary 'People are talking, aren't they?' after they'd been hugging in the corridor for some time.

It seems wrong to say I enjoyed something as sad as this but I did, if that makes any sense! I only hope that if/when these events unfold onscreen we get to see something as good as this.
jbug chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
That was just beautiful. I can barely see the letters I 'm typing -I 'm still wiping the tears away. Great job!