Reviews for The Lessons of Life and How It's Rarely Fair
Annagosteelers chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
This blew me away. The emotions were just so perfect and it's nice to see Sherlpck comfort for once. I do think this will probably happen at some point in the show, but maybe not for a while. Great work!
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
Poor John, and poor Sherlock, and of course poor Mary.

This was really quite heart-breaking yet even in the midst of such wrenching emotion you did a wonderful job of keeping both John and Sherlock in character and none of it ever felt excessive.

Sherlock's reaction in particular was absolutely spot-on, as was John's tired attempt at humour with their customary 'People are talking, aren't they?' after they'd been hugging in the corridor for some time.

It seems wrong to say I enjoyed something as sad as this but I did, if that makes any sense! I only hope that if/when these events unfold onscreen we get to see something as good as this.
jbug chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
That was just beautiful. I can barely see the letters I 'm typing -I 'm still wiping the tears away. Great job!
Fang's Fawn chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
Wow...that was...just wow. Well-written, and beautifully handled. That was perfect, exactly the way I feel both the boys would react in such a situation...emotionally charged, but not over-the-top or out of character for either. The Moftiss would do well to handle it in this way if they do choose to go this route (wince). It's so hard to write Sherlock well, and so many people make John over emotional when he really is very stoic, and you handled them both great. Awesome job!
Bekah1218 chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Hello,
Even though it was a sad premise, I liked this story a lot. I also agree that Mary will probably not be long for this world when the series returns, if it follows canon at all. And Sherlock could very well play the comforting presence- he has learned a lot these last few years. I think he will be upset at her loss, although I didn't really buy the "surgical" shot theory- he DID flatline and die at least briefly. BUT, anyway...lol. Thank you and keep writing,
joan
NarutoRox chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
THIS. Just, just this. The amount of feelings this gave me was breath-taking. Not only did you keep them all so wonderfully in character, you gave them even MORE depth to their characters as well...I'm in complete awe.

This is by far the saddest Sherlock fanfiction I've ever read, but it's also my most favorite.

Thanks for sharing it with us!
no valid name chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Ow. That hurt my heart.
I can defiantly see Mary dying in the next series.
Which is a horrible thing to think of.
The feels.
Ow.
As always brilliant.
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
This was just so possible. Mary could very well die in the show soon, it's even rather likely, but it would be heartbreaking for John, and Sherlock as well.
ScribeOfRED chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
*sniffs* Wow. That was beautiful. And heart-wrenching. But beautiful. I'm convinced that if (when) Mary dies in the show, both John and Sherlock's reactions are going to ruin all of us. You did an excellent job conveying Sherlock's emotions without going overboard.
Zellona chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
God, what was I thinking reading this in public? I completely agree with you by the way.

Great story, I'd love to read more!
Beside Moonlight chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Oh no... I saw the email pop up on my screen, and I've made a habit of reading the summary, and I only saw "major character death", and I was ALREADY done with the feels. Two of my friends were sitting next to me, and they saw me tear up, and I just kinda slammed my laptop closed. They were worried about me. I'm just really glad I waited until after class was over to read it... I'm kinda teary... D,:
T'Paya chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Very nicely written, very much believable and in character- half-sentences and silence- very sad...and I agree, Mary is probably going to die at some point, the writers have been quite true to cannon so far.
I do hope they will come up with something like this story- and Sherlock behaving like the big heart he's got in him.
Thanks. Really well done.
SherlockWholmes chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
This was really good. It made me cry. I'm really liking some of your more recent writing. This piece and the Angel one. Don't get me wrong, I like fluff, but I'm totally enjoying these more serious endeavors.

Anyway, just my humble opinion, but I'd like to see more. Thanks.
Emma chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Brilliant :) really liked this, think it would be great for it to play out this way in the series :P I do think she's going to die and I think it would be good to see how Sherlock and John handle that, but would be sad :( anyway, this is great, you portray them very well...the bit about Sherlock's emotions near the end was great, especially liked the bit about if anyone even looked at them Sherlock would flip :) well done x
Divergentshadowhunter99 chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
That's amazing and the only reason I would ever want Mary to doe is that then Jonlock has not of a possibility of happening but other than that I reasonably like her
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »