Reviews for Coat of Mail
MissBates chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
I particularly liked the scene between Wilson, Cuddy and House. House is right - no matter where his pain comes from, he's the one who has the right to decide how to handle it. His 'parents' may not like his methods, but right or wrong, the decision is his. And the more independence they give him, the more he will trust them. A hard lesson for Wilson to learn, and trust will always come hard to House, but if both sides learn to trust instead of assuming the worst, then they have the chance of moving from co-dependence to true friendship. A tough topic, but you've left them with a lot of hope; thank you.
Visitkarte chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
Noooo! Don't let them deflect again!

Have I mentioned that I adore you?
Stathies chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
sorry it took so long to get to this. I've read it a couple of times. You tackled a theme I had played with in my head for a while and tried to discuss on some fan sites. The huge difference between what Wilson did in Detox and Cuddy's giving him the saline. In the first instance House was in charge, he could have first not taken the bet at all and later he could have let it go or cheated or whatever, but he always knew he was taking part in a game. With the saline it was all behind his back, fooling him. Huge huge difference
And as a dedicated hilson writer major congrats on the final dialogue. Pitch perfect and that isn't easy.
Brighid45 chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
This is excellent. The characterization is spot on; Wilson and Cuddy arguing over House, only this time Wilson's seen the worst and has had his eyes opened, so to speak, while Cuddy remains unable to grasp the central point. Maybe she can't allow herself to see the truth because it would simply be too painful for her-ironic, but life is like that at times.

House's comments on the pain scale and the subjectivity of pain, especially chronic pain, are exactly right. I suspect his 7 would probably send anyone else straight into a coma. After a while, to a certain extent some of the pain does become background noise.

What I like most about this is how we see the resiliency of House and Wilson's friendship. Yes, they argue and fight and get mad, but they always come back to each other, and the friendship bond grows as a result.

Great sequel, this one's going on top of the Favorites pile! :)
anamq chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
This was a nice reading but Wilson in this story is not the same as in the show. In "Skin Deep" Wilson mentions the pain being psychosomatic, and mentions Stacy leaving as a cause for increase pain. I don't see how he could be questioning Cuddy's behaviour if he, himself, had the same idea.

"I don't even want to know all the deep dark secrets you're hiding in that black pit of a soul": this to me sounds really nasty.
purpleu chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
A wonderful continuation to "All That's Left". However difficult it is to read of House's pain, the effects on others and the means to deal with it are always interesting, and you do it especially well! Thanks a gain for another great story.
ViolettBlack chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
I love Wilson taking care for House and this story so much that I hereby order a third one! ;)
The best part is Wilson telling Cuddy off for her bad behavior towards House as he came to her and desperately begged for getting morphine for pain relief from her.
Boo's House chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
I think you hit this nail right on the head. Very believable characterizations! I ache for House.
HilsonFTW chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
This is once again amazing, can't wait to read the next chapter! At this stage I feel a strong urge to buy you a pint...
Alex chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Wonderfully written and I love that there is a sequel to read.
HuddyGirl chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
OMGGGGGGG NEED MORE!
Abby chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Very good start.
Flatpickluvr chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
oh, that was great! I thought all three were very much in character, too. Can't wait for update!
KKBK2 chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
This is a very good sequel to 'All That's Left'. Wilson is finally beginning to understand House's pain situation and is taking the initiative to help him as best he can.
I have a necklace that says 'a mother understands what a child cannot say', I think this is also true of friends and it is good to know that Wilson understands what House cannot say about his pain and he can help him anyway. Cuddy is just not there yet.
Thank you for this wonderful finish to this duo of stories.
IHeartHouseCuddy chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Loving it already. :) Thanks for writing a sequel!