Reviews for Brave Like Batman
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 2/19/2015
awwwwwwwwwwww!

But, in only a 5 year old logic, can Dean be both Batman AND Dean... ;)

I like this.
zekeschance chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
Aww, this was a perfect piece for that episode. You did a fabulous job keeping the age levels very realistic and in character. The ending was just what I wanted! Thanks so much!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
What a fun story to read.
I felt sorry for Sam with his fractured arm and also for Dean because we all know how bad he feels when his little brother is injured.
Loved the final line from Sam, "Don't need Superman….got you…."
Thanks for the smile!
ThisIs4USonya chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
Just stop already! LOL. My eyes are filling with tears... again.

Your characterization is SO spot on. For a 9 year old, Dean's voice sounds much older and wiser than it should, and of course, that is so accurate because of all the responsibility Dean has already been given in his short life. It's difficult to listen to Dean's guilt and self-loathing knowing that he's so young, because dang, you do a good job with it.

Hopefully Sam will once again remember that Dean is his Superman. If Sam doesn't want Dean to be his Superman, then Dean can be MY Superman. ;-)
sarah chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
well done
this is great
rog457 chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
I love weeChester and that was so cute and heartbreaking at the same time.

It perfectly explained how the story Dean related could have happened and both Dean and Sam would have reacted to it.

SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
Sweet story.
1983Sarah chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
Awww, what a great story to show what they talked about in the episode! Loved it!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
Loved this, could so see it happening, and wonder if the video camera recorded Sam's jump too! Just so Dean that he would get Sam to the hospital ASAP rather than find Pastor Jim and for him to feel guilty even though it was just an accident as Sam was hurt on his watch. Loved little loopy Sam at the end and his words "Don't need Superman...got you..." And perfect the image too of Dean speeding down the road with Sam on the handlebars of his bike with his Superman cape flying out behind him!
A really enjoyable read, thanks Sonya, and happy birthday for tomorrow :)
Amiable Loner chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
That was adorable! And the ending made me melt
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
OMG! This was ADORABLE! Thank you sooooo much for this! I KNEW you'd do an amazing job with this. And you definitely did not disappoint. Ok, a few things I wanna point out. How sweet was Sammy when Dean said he wanted to be Batman and Sam just pushed his lopsided bat across to Dean, even though he was clearly disappointed. Sammy giving anything up for his big brother. Guh, that was just heartwarming. And I could just picture Dean flying down the sidewalk with a giant red "cape" billowing behind him as he rushed to take care of his Sammy. Superman, indeed. He is the Superman of all big brothers. And I love love LOVED the conversation between Pastor Jim and Dean in the ER. Pastor Jim trying to make Dean understand that these things happen, little brothers are going to copy their big brothers and mostly that not everything is Dean's fault. That was so sad really, considering what history has in store for them. And Dean is NEVER going to stop blaming himself for things. But I think the end was my favorite. Sammy saying he doesn't need Superman because he has Dean. *sigh* This was so awesome. And as usually, wonderfully written and very true to the characters. I giggled at Sammy working and concentrating so hard on making the costumes and Dean musing that art would never be Sam's thing. It reminded me of Bedtime Stories when Dean makes fun of Sam's artistic abilities and even Hookman when Dean says about Sam, obviously sarcastically, "The things he can do with a paintbrush." Lol Very nice throwbacks. Speaking of throwbacks, this entire story is going to make me view the scene in Bad Day At Black Rock when Dean proudly announces he's Batman in a whole new way. Haha Thank you again, soooo much, for this. I absolutely loved it. Sweet little boys. *hugs*
rosebudgirl chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Great take on that scene. I loved Dean's smile in that one.
7kstar chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Loved the last line, "Don't need Superman...got you..."

Shame the show can't show of bit of that now. Sniff, I miss when the brothers enjoyed hunting side by side.

Like how Dean got support from Jim even if he couldn't take it.
Iamsam1013 chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Nice job. This is the third version of this story I've read, and I enjoyed your take on it.