Reviews for Hooked
AllStarHater chapter 7 . 8/2
This story was perfect in every way possible! Beautiful writing, engaging plot, great emotional scenes, and non OOC characters (you certainly did better than Frank Miller).

Thank you for being one of the only writers who can write the 'goddamn' Batman (stupid Frank Miller) properly. Nobody seems to understand that, essentially, his emotional growth was stunted after his parents death, which is why he doesn't express emotion the normal way people do. I'm not saying that he doesn't love Dick, because its quite obvious that he does in his own bat-like way (bat-love should totally be a thing). I understand why people write him that way, because its hard to have a character be emotionally stunted while making it obvious that he cares, and the character becomes infinitely more likeable when they openly demonstrate love. But if you do that, you destroy Batman's character - a hero who isn't nice, who can be badass and cold and calculating, and become a hero that you respect and admire, but never someone who you want to become.
Anyways, sorry for the long rant (and the run-on sentences) - its just your story reminded me what a good portrayal of Batman should be.
Please update Roots soon - you could say that I'm totally Hooked (sorry about the bad pun).
- AllStarHater
africaflower77 chapter 2 . 7/27
Awesome! Torture here I come!
africaflower77 chapter 1 . 7/27
Ooooooo! This has an amazing start! Really the only reason I saw it was because while waiting for roots to be updated (which need to happen now) I checked your other stories and since you mentioned roots was part of an series I looked for number 2 and voila!
hodges2 chapter 6 . 7/10
i would read it! sounds interesting lol XD
SubRosa7 chapter 7 . 7/7
This is a a great story, and an amazing final chapter! Thank you so much for writing it.
VoicesOffCamera chapter 7 . 6/25
Oh this was immaculate! I loved the dynamic between Dick and Wally, that was really fantastic. (My favorite moment: “Fine but you’re not off the hook.” That was a poor choice of words.) And then the way you just wound it all in to sit so nicely within the actual Young Justice universe was just icing on this delicious cake. You are so talented! Well done!
VoicesOffCamera chapter 6 . 6/25
I have to say, I really love how you write Bruce. His characterization is perfection in my opinion. So many writers write him as too... affectionate for lack of a better word (there is a better word, I just can't think of it at the moment). He shows his affection in strange ways, such as going out and tracking down villains rather than sitting at a sickbed. I also really like the dynamic of Dick starting to speak English again but still struggling. I wish that had been played up a little more, because I just love that idea (it's actually causing some plot bunnies of my own!). But especially after just waking from a nightmare, I was really expecting some Romani there. But yay for Alfred for finally getting through to Bruce! I can't wait to see how this resolves! :)
VoicesOffCamera chapter 5 . 6/24
“You made a mistake. You went after my protégé. You pissed off the entire Justice League.” I LOVE that! I love Robin being the favorite sidekick of the Justice League. It's such an interesting dynamic since not only was he the first sidekick ever but he's also the youngest out of all the ones that have so far followed him. I love the idea that the entire Justice League is protective over him.

Oh Bruce... that's definitely not going to help! Springing that on him just after a horrific nightmare like that! I'm interested to see how this is going to play out...
VoicesOffCamera chapter 4 . 6/24
Ah this is so good I can't get over it! I loved the dynamic between Clark and Bruce that was so well done. [Sidenote: I always imagined that Bruce was also close with Green Arrow (or as close as Bruce can be with someone other than Dick and Alfred) since the billionaire playboys probably run in the same circles and see each other out of costume a lot.] Oh Dick reverting back to only speaking Romani is a fantastic twist. I'm a little surprised that Bruce doesn't know much of Dick's native language... but at the same time I love that Dick has a skill that Bruce doesn't being multi-lingual. Very excited to see what happens next! :)
VoicesOffCamera chapter 3 . 6/24
Wow. What a powerful chapter. The reunion was everything I had hoped it would be and more! Oh that ending though! I'm so glad I can just skip along to the next chapter and see what happens...
VoicesOffCamera chapter 2 . 6/24
Ack this is horrifically amazing. I adore the way you right the Joker, it's just too perfect! The last bit of banter was the best. "I'll google it." Just something about a deranged psychopath dressed as a clown googling French on a smartphone... Fantastic!
VoicesOffCamera chapter 1 . 6/24
Okay, so since I didn't know what to do with my life now that I've caught up on Roots, I decided to check out one of your other stories. And oh my goodness! You are seriously one of the best writers I've read on this site! I love the set up of this story, how you start off with what is probably one of the most intense parts of the story to reel people in and then jump back to show how it got to that point. The first part is just plain gruesome, but that's so perfect for the Joker. I love how we get Bruce's point of view at the end there too. I am hooked! (No pun intended... although now that I know why the story is called Hooked I can't help but shudder!) This is amazing, I look forward to obsessing over this story while I wait for an update on Roots! :)
TheBlondeBullet chapter 7 . 5/12
Looooooove this (and you) with a deep burning passion!
DoomedToBeACrazyFanGirlForever chapter 7 . 3/31
AYYYYYYYYYYYY This was awesome! Loved the whole fic, and I was squealing throughout the entire thing. Bravo!

...Now onto the rest of the series. xD
DoomedToBeACrazyFanGirlForever chapter 6 . 3/31