Reviews for Epitaph
The Ghostly Minion chapter 1 . 9/22
For all the times I've read this and considering it was published a month after I joined, i was bemused that I never reviewed it.

It start, your portrayals of Harry and Hermione are spot on, IMHO. They fit canon and the turning from seeking out Bagshot to the meanings of the epitaphs seem entirely plausible. It also then omitted an event that I'm certain derailed any chance for Harmony in canon.

Given the events in the Hollow, Harry's desire for an epitaph for Dobby rings true. There is no Ron bashing here, he's as concerned for Hermione as is Harry. After that verse, his epiphany about his nature and destiny follows almost organically.

The scene in the bedroom made sense, even that bit of Ron bashing follows his actions in canon, at least in spirit. The next day is pure Hermione, given the circumstances.

Calling in Bill to help with the Cup works well and avoids that melodrama in canon. Pity Harry's problem can't be fixed.

The battle and its lead up follow quite well from the prior events. A lot of the gumminess in canon gets avoided. Hermione's declaration when Harry wins is perfect. Even Ron apparently knew and accepted that truth.

The final scene, two-hundred years later was quite serene. It called out to me as a peaceful and fitting ending.

TGM
Trahald of Uru chapter 1 . 6/11
Here lies Tom Marvolo Riddle
1926-1998
For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul?
Matthew 16:26
torlan2003 chapter 1 . 6/4
Great story, I appreciate the connection from the verses to Harry's sacrifice. I did not like the sacrifice itself but not my story. Thank you for taking the time to write.
Vijay chapter 1 . 4/3
This is one of the best fanfiction i came across. I am also one of those person who thinks that Harry/Hermione Pairing should have happend instead of Ron/Hermione. Thanks for the story...
Love this! And yes, hermione and harry definitely belong together! It was Harry whom went to rescue her from the troll, harry whom found the note in her hand, harry whom went back in time with her to save Sirius, and hermione who stayed by Harry during the tournament. Every significant event was the two of them together. Only starting from book 5 did JK started pairing Ron with Hermione. And see what that gave us? A harry who increasingly got distant from his friends and felt alone even in hogwarts. No thank you JK!
SamIam chapter 1 . 3/13
A well written story, as per usual from you.
Harry Potter is an obvious "Christ" figure, the self sacrifice as a redemption for the defeat of evil as the central theme. The fickleness of the public in viewing Harry as both hero and villain...the betrayal by a good friend (heck, Ron is even a red head...)
The steadfast, non-sexual female friend, remember is was an all female crew at both the foot of the cross and the cave,
Love as the overwhelming power for good is stressed heavily, and that your actions (or sins) can damage your soul, and that repentance can restore your soul from that damage...(per Dumbledore and horacrux) - which seems a bit familiar as a story line.
nicely done.
lilashannah chapter 1 . 2/28
a short but amazing story!
gbakermatson chapter 1 . 2/14
I love that you used 1 Corinthians 13 for the Bible verse. I'm not Christian, and I think there are very many things wrong with the Bible as a guide to spirituality. But I'll be damned if that verse isn't one of the best things I've read anywhere.
Bobboky chapter 1 . 1/25
Nice work
The Third Biker Scholar chapter 1 . 9/12/2016
bless harry and Hermione. loved this, very sweet.
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 1 . 7/29/2016
This was beautiful. You managed to do several interesting things that I love to see in stories, and manage to make them all work inside the same plot. Thank you.

Also, you used my favorite verse as the last two lines. :D
Guest chapter 1 . 7/25/2016
Lovely. You nearly had me in tears at the end. My only complaint is the scene description for the section at Shell Cottage. There has to be a way to present the information without pulling the reader out of the story like it currently does.
FierceDeityLinkMask chapter 1 . 5/27/2016
This story sucked!
Smithback chapter 1 . 5/7/2016
I liked it a lot, nice and sweet
Jimmy Antlers chapter 1 . 3/10/2016
I'm floored. Really. This is well done.