Reviews for Epitaph
AnnaOxford chapter 1 . 10/29
I like how confident Hermione was. The tombstone part was both romantic and creepy.
katmom chapter 1 . 10/26
Very nicely done. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry man not a christian so somethings went over the head but nice story and at least publish more stories in a year
amestoy chapter 1 . 10/19
Great story. Very emotional. I liked the fighting, jealous of Harry's life Hermione you have writed here. Congrats.
I've always liked Isaiah 6:8 myself:

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
G Fawkes chapter 1 . 7/12
Glad I broke 'policy' and read something so short (and wonderful)!

('guess that's why you're still on my fanfic 'Mt. Rushmore'!)

This type of ending is soooooo much better than JKR's version. I'd even accept a new book, replacing the epilogue, that had any type of similar situation unfolding.

Gah! Why would anyone look at Molly, and think, "I want to marry someone that's going to grow up and be just like her, looks and all!" (shudder)
Lionasha No Bruja chapter 1 . 6/8
I'm not Christian, but I felt the addition of the Bible verses fit well into the story. Lovely and well crafted.
tricorvus chapter 1 . 3/20
That was wicked good
I won't hate on anyone else's ship, but I'm a Harmonian all the way.
Rock on
tenga chapter 1 . 3/14
I'm usually quite good at keeping my doubts and general dislike and distrust of religion, or rather, organised religion, in reality seperate from what i'm reading when i'm enjoying some fiction.

I've always had a bit of a problem doing that in Harry Potter though. Partly because of the biblical commands to not suffer witches to live, and because most if not all of the biblical miracles can be replicated with HP canon magic, and because of the historical persecution of witchcraft by religion (in realiry and in the HP universe, judging by what's mentioned about Witch Hunts in POA), but mostly because i struggle to see the pureblood bigots accepting that something exists which is infinitely better than them.

They follow Voldemort because he was so powerful AND descended from Slytherin, and so seemed to be the purest of purebloods.

I don't think they'd admit that a being or beings existed that were unfathomably better, more powerful or more important than them.

I always took the epitaph on James and Lily's grave to be because she was muggleborn and raised in a Christian culture by probably Christian parents. I always imagine James as just not particularly caring what was on his tombstone, since she wouldn't let him have an off-colour limerick or the Maruader's motto.

Given that magic can replicate the biblical miracles, i would imagine wizards in general and particular looking upon Judeo-Christian and Islamic religions with a sort of amused, condescedning contempt.

I also doubt they would take up a religion that advocates murdering them. I have always preferred religion in HP to be of the pagan variety, which makes more sense to me given the history of the HP universe, or just spirituality instead of any organised, offical religion.

mention the fact that the church graveyard is the only time religion is brought up in the whole series, and even then, it was in a fairly obscure bible verse. Well,.nt one of the commonly quotes ones anyway. The rest of the series, NO mention is made of religion, leading me to believe that they don't believe.

In reality, i respect your right to believe whatever you damn well please as long as you don't try to impose your worldview on others, but in the HP universe, monotheism just doesn't make much sense.

I've got a couple of stories in the works that contain religion, and in them, i use paganism (and in one the goblins practise ancestor worship in the style of the Turians from the Mass Effect video game series). To me, it just seems to fit the historical background of the HP universe better than Christianity.

All that having been said, this was still, as usual, a fantastically well-written, emotive, poignant, touching story. Well done. And sorry about the rant. I suppose you're used to it by now, i imagine it happens a lot when you write a story about a topic as emotional and influential as religion.

Also, sorry about any spelling mistakes. I'm writing this on my phone.

May the Muse be with you,

Pogonia And Medusa chapter 1 . 3/8
Wonderful story - a novel idea, close harmony with canon events and personalities, and beautifully written. It brought tears to my eyes.

It's been nearly a year since this fic, and a year between this one and the last. I hope you're preparing another to share with us this Equinox.
D. Leveille chapter 1 . 2/24
That was such a touching story and the verse on their tombstone is beautiful (and so true). It proves that what Hermione and Ron had wasn't love at all. Hermione and Harry had genuine love for each other throughout the 7 books. And now I'm ticked off at JKR again... Well at least you are remedying her errors with your wonderful stories!
MoltenCheese chapter 1 . 2/17
This was so beautiful. I normally don't cry while reading fanfics (or while doing anything for that matter). But reading this oneshot just made me cry so much. Amazing Job!
Wow this was beautifully written. I enjoy reading your stories. I look forward to reading another great piece when you have the chance to write.
celine.sLineC-Line chapter 1 . 2/2
omg this story is just beautiful
i'm so crying...