Reviews for Vigilantia Pretium Libertatis
Crolliby chapter 36 . 5/7
Okay. Imma start by saying that I found this story ages ago, got half-way through, got a new computer, lost the story, and forgot the name. So I have now reread what I had before, and continued clicking through chapters until I reached the end.
And I have to say...
This is actually the best ending to a story I have ever read. This is also the first story to ever make me cry... a bit (the last chapter was absolutely heart-wrenching). You and your friend did a fabulous job with the character portrayals (although I must admit, towards the end I kind of hated everyone who wasn't Marco, Reiner, Bertholdt and Dr. Jaeger... just a little bit). My favourite character has to be Marco, hands down (like holy fuck, there is something so relatable about him, I mean seriously, he is such a complex character and I do think that his moral complexity was too much for anyone else to understand, even Armin), and I do feel that, at some points, the other characters were excessively harsh in comparison, and I sort of resent them in some way, but that's just my opinion. I guess it is just testament to your skills as an author that I feel so passionately about your story, even if most would probably not share my point of you. I actually knew pretty early on that Marco was Ilse (even the first time around), before the big reveal, and if there is some critique to be given to this story, it is (probably) the sort of predictability it often has (no hate pls), the others' cruelty to Marco, Historia and Armin's OP-ness (Historia kind of seemed like a Mary-Sue, what with her being practically loved by everyone at the end and being so powerful and stuff... yeah), Eren's general brattish attitude towards Jean (which is canon, so I can't sin that, but it did grow tiresome at times), Annie going OOC in the second half (when she acts so casually with the others after her return), Ymir's bitchiness (which was so fucking annoying, I swear), Reiner's lack of badassery (why is he afraid of Annie in this? Reiner ain't scared of jack shit), the fact that Bertholdt barely had any screen time and was generally overlooked (no love for Bertl?), and all that stuff (this isn't actually a critique, I get it, but still... it's a thing). Other than that...
Yeah, nothing.
This was damn near perfection.
You did an amazing job, and I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a fic (maybe a one-shot) of Historia and Marco's adventures 'till the end of eternity (or, at least, the planet... or would they survive that, since they're immortal? That'd be funny to see) *hintfuckinghint*. Anyway, I'm off to read some more of your work now.
You should be really proud of yourself for this work of art. Give yourself a clap on tha back.
owlcity2013 chapter 29 . 4/17
HOLY MOTHER OF ALL PLOT TWISTS
Motnah P chapter 36 . 1/26
I love the connections you weave in this; it's like a blanket that fills me with a heart-warming story. Every time I read this it feels like I'm melting inside. I have to admit that reaching the end makes me cry - beautiful endings always do - but I think you came up with the best result, a resolution that is still filled with hope and despair and a spirited future which will certainly be interesting if it is followed.
There were times where I had trouble keeping up with Armin's long disquisitions, but I feel like they're central to the themes of the story. Your balance of two emotional extremes - humor and angst - is very precise, and its part of what keeps pulling me back to this story long after I've finished it.
It seems a lot of love and effort has been placed in this story. Frankly, this opinion is derived from a selfish desire for fulfilment, but I'd like to tell you that the result was definitely worth it.
Guest chapter 36 . 11/1/2015
Wow, I really don't have any words to say about this... Just wow
YamiLovesYaoi chapter 36 . 8/27/2015
Damn. Okay. Ouch. My feels.
I really loved this fic omg. Like, damn. I need to go calm down now.
ToscaThorCat chapter 6 . 7/28/2015
OH GOD. I'M BATMAN. I about died! I love it!
ToscaThorCat chapter 5 . 7/28/2015
I had to hold my nose so I wouldn't snort with laughter... since it is like, 11 on a work night... *sweatdrops* I loved the "Do it for the vine" and the "It's a girl" bit! it is quite reminiscent of the WTF moments in the anime, like the "Well, you both have scary eyes and a criminal look" the humor took me by surprise, and I like that a lot!
Quadredurudoubleslash2 chapter 36 . 7/6/2015
vigilantia pretium libertatis continua. Maybe please?
LuvversLuvvie chapter 12 . 6/24/2015
it's after 3, and I have been steamrolling this for a couple of hours. But I must sleep and take this on tomorrow. Awesome story so far!
Acae chapter 36 . 2/11/2015
This fic... This fic. It's truly incredible! It could be a real book, honestly, its that good. It deserves to be published.
It's late, so I'm gonna cut this short. This is an extremely well-written, meticulously thought out piece of work and you should be proud of yourself.
Have yourself the very best of days,
-Acae
Cole D. Xandria chapter 36 . 1/31/2015
This was one of best SNK stories I have ever read! It keep me on edge most of the time! Kudos for this masterpiece!
kobebean24 chapter 36 . 12/7/2014
Just read this solidly. It took a while, but it was completely worth it. You are absolutely, without a doubt, my favourite author on this site I love all your stories and will continue to keep an eye on the ongoing ones. Love it x
dopekiid chapter 36 . 10/24/2014
EPIC... Nice ending
Not so human anymore chapter 36 . 10/20/2014
First off, I knew this chapter would make me cry. I was kinda scared about what would happen. Especially with Armin. But I like how it turned out. Happy endings for all! That makes me happy. I truely loved this fic. Its been my favorite and will continue to be my favorite for a long time. Seriously, this could've been a book it was so good. Great now I'm remanicing. Okay. Anyway loved it. Probably gonna read it again. And that ending was truely perfect. I'm probably gonna find you on tumblr so that I can find out a few little details. But other than that I'm truely satisfied. Thank you for this.
TsundereNoOtaku6615 chapter 36 . 10/20/2014
THIS FIC IS JUST TOO FUCKING AMAZING I CAN'T EVEN

This fic is actually the only one that didn't have romance that I actually stuck with. (hey i spent 2 hours downloading this) I have to say, I'm impressed by how persevering and hardworking you are when it comes to typing this out. I'd give up at 6000 words.

Canonverse Armin: You seriously stayed up late for this, Tsun? Shouldn't you be studying and focusing on Math?
Me: Shut up, Armin. You don't what it feels like to be a fangirl. Also, Math can wait.
Armin: But-!/shot