Reviews for A Game of Memory: Yearly Recollection
Abhieghail chapter 1 . 6/6
you should continue this along with Return of Lost Souls
Unidentified Pie chapter 1 . 11/25/2014
Niceeee. And YES,YES,YES, I wanna see what happens in Makie's last year alive! What happens? What's gonna go on? And if she never saw Izayoi with her gift, is it 'cos his gift negated hers? That's what his gift does, right? On top of destroying stuff.
Anyway, sorry, pointless rambling. Basically. I really like this, and it looks really promising. Please keep going! :)
ezok chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
looking foward to it
Feng Lengshun chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
So... let's see, at the start there's an OC who is going to die. Of course, since I know nothing of her, I care more for the confusion from the writing perspective as it turned into 1st when it seems to be 3rd Person before without any italization to indicate if it's a thought or an actual narration.

Hm... the narration feels a bit awkward, for the first time I see a story written in mixed future and present tense. Well, the wording itself feels awkward some times, but who am I to judge? I'm no better when it comes to grammar and all those shits too. Still, the phrase "claiming that he is the one with the sight" confused the hell out of me. I don't understand what it means at all. Well, maybe it'll get explained in the next part.

Oh wait, it IS a 1st Person Point of View after all. Although the future tense still feels awkward, especially since the title seems to indicate that this is an event in the past, not in the present. But as I move on, the awkward feeling in reading it didn't disappear. I think it's the choise of words and wording really.

Ooooh, so it's a time loop? At least from the perspective of the narrator. Hmhmhm, a Cassandra Truth Future Gazer or something? Interesting, let's see where this is going-wait, is that you Izayoi? Homura... wasn't that one of his little brother? The one who gave him his headphone? Damn, I should get reacquainted with canon Mondaiji soon. But the translation quality give me headaches from time to time... but I digress, let's move on.

Nihon? Why is she using that word when it should be Japanese? Unless it's on a different world or something, though even then, it should be Nihongo at least. Or maybe Nihonese (that sounds really weird, but would make sense if it's from an alien's perspective). And of course Izayoi would be breaking her future gazing, he fucks ALL the Gifts and abilities that exists in this world (minus anything Azi Dahaka level and up, but that's not "this world" anymore).

Wait, it's a sister story for another story? Hm... I think I might see what that one's about. Heh, Mirai Fukuin eh? Well unfortunately for her, even if she Shapes the future as concrete as possible, Izayoi would still fuck it by merely existing. Of course, there's the question of why wasn't he there in the previous loops/visions. Alright, I think that's all, after this I think I'll read the sister story first before continuing to the sequel. I don't like missing information when I'm reading something, especially when I'm reading a sequel without reading the prequel first.

Well, I'm off then. All in all, an okay story that do provoke my interest but there are some rough spots due to how it was written.
Karin Cleiss chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
Ah! I'm CURIOUS! Author-san, please continue!

The character's POV is quite amusing. Though, sometimes, the narration can be confusing.

I look forward on the next chapter so please continue!
JNaegi chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
I'm more than willing to watch this unfold!
Kimiyosis chapter 1 . 3/19/2014
Is it bad I'm laughing, as I imagine Makie yelling "WHO THE F*** IS HOMURA?!"

Anyways, glad to see Makie's side of view, as it explains how she was feeling, in detail.

Although...really, terrorists XD?

Took me awhile before...since I had dunce'ed again...looking for the chapter button...again...

Otherwise not bad, can't say much about the canon characters personality, considering there were next to no interactions with them currently. Keep it up!
Shadowplayer360 chapter 1 . 3/19/2014
It's ok. I mean considering that we've already read about Makie's fate. But if you ask me, I think Makie would have cursed her own [Gift] instead of a god.

Still, liked this first chapter, and I'm curious about how you plan to continue...