Reviews for The Stockholm Game
John Smith chapter 14 . 11/24/2017
I wasn't expecting this ending, but what a welcome one! I thought a lot about how you might end this story, and nothing was really coming to mind that would help it feel... I don't know, calm? Satisfying? But you managed it. It was so nice to see everyone able to be themselves again (for the most part). Cathartic, really.

This was a ride, and I really enjoyed the fic so much! The characters were engaging, the story was positively captivating, and there were so many great elements to it that were enjoyable! Phenomenal job!
John Smith chapter 13 . 11/24/2017
Poor Yugi... And honestly, in this chapter? Poor Pegasus too. I want to detest him for all of this, but he seems so far gone at this point that I feel extreme pity for him. The way you described this chapter was phenomenal and I just love your wording.
John Smith chapter 12 . 11/24/2017
This was another great chapter. I love the detail and care you put into each chapter! It was kind of difficult to read this at parts because there was so much intensity, and it's haunting to see Pegasus get to this point.
John Smith chapter 11 . 10/10/2017
Woah, this is just getting deeper and deeper. It's actually quite painful to read. xD You're an incredible author! I have rarely ever read stories with so much tension and pain in them. This chapter was pretty harrowing, seeing Anzu continue to fall into the Stockholm Syndrome and poor Yugi hear Atem again for just a moment. Glad to be reminded he's around! I am intrigued to see where it goes next!
John Smith chapter 10 . 9/26/2017
At this point, I think the aspect of this that has me the most uncomfortable is how complacent the characters seem to be about taking the role of children to Pegasus. It's one thing to follow his direct orders, but they seem to be acting more like kids even in ways that were not direct orders, like looking down at the floor and not meeting his eyes. The same with Anzu hiding in the closet etc. I think it's your intention as part of the stockholm syndrome aspect of the fic, which makes it feel pretty authentic in some ways! Nice job on this chapter!
John Smith chapter 9 . 9/26/2017
Another awesome chapter! Things are getting really interesting, and I LOVE that you are including Atem. That's great!
John Smith chapter 8 . 9/24/2017
Another intriguing chapter! Great job with describing all the swirling emotions in this one. I love how unique you have kept all of the characters.
John Smith chapter 7 . 9/24/2017
Yikes, another really unsettling chapter. The interactions between Pegasus and his captives is honestly painful to read. I feel so jarred and discomforted by them. I am sure this is what you want, so great job with setting the tone! Some of these reactions and breakdowns seem like they might be happening a liiiiittle too fast, but that's one of the constraints of writing at times. It's not always easy to portray the passage of time.
John Smith chapter 6 . 9/24/2017
Well this chapter made me feel very uncomfortable, which I am sure is what you were aiming for entirely. The way he physically has been touching and caressing and kissing them is especially alarming. I think at this point they are probably all terrified that, as Kaiba said, this is some kind of fetish and it will become sexual. Very scary. You have made Pegasus a terrifying and completely off-kilter villain. Good job!
John Smith chapter 5 . 9/24/2017
Oh no... LMAO I actually said that out loud when I read the very last line. HAHA. Oh dear. It's funny because it's now a meme, but it's so, so terrifying and intimidating. Yikes, Pegasus is off his rocker. I had a feeling this was coming, especially after he seemed to think of Anzu as the product of himself and Cyndia, thinking she looked the way their daughter might have at some point if she'd been born. What an intriguing concept. I love this, even if it's gettin' weirdy ahahah!
John Smith chapter 4 . 9/24/2017
Great chapter yet again! Seems interesting that the characters are breaking down so quickly, but I suppose they just went through so much with DK that they are already feeling exhausted and unable to stand up on their own.

Your point about the Eye is really interesting. I do agree, it seems like he's the only one who had to make such a large and tangible sacrifice to wield the item he uses. I wonder why that is. I can't wait to read more of your fic. Your thoughts and the way it's moving forward are all very interesting!
John Smith chapter 3 . 9/24/2017
I find it really interesting and a bit deviant that the characters see Pegasus's overly affectionate comforting of Yugi as being "compassionate" or "kind" when they seemed so incredibly uncomfortable and off-base. I'm surprised they didn't view it as something closer to molestation than comforting. I mean... I know how I would react if I got upset and someone that I didn't trust, like, or want to be near suddenly held me and kissed my forehead. I'd be absolutely petrified that this person was going to harm me in even more ways than just psychological/violent ones.

That being said, another great chapter! I love how distrusting Honda is of Bakura. It not only makes sense for the context of Duelist Kingdom, but I am sure he's basically right about Bakura's dark plans to look out for himself and possibly sacrifice the rest of them if needed. Awesome job!
John Smith chapter 2 . 9/24/2017
Ahhhh poor Mokuba and poor Seto! Maybe I'm a little bit of a sadist, but I would have enjoyed a tad more explaining how the ipecac went down. We just got two or so snippets explaining that he was injected, got tense, and then started vomiting, but when did they throw him back in the cell etc.? I was trying to fill in the blanks as I read, which is good because it creates a sense of mystery, but it also took me a little bit out of the immersion.

Mokuba is trying so hard to be adult, but he's still got the wide-eyed innocence of a child. I think you pegged him perfectly. Great job! Loved this chapter, and I can't wait for more! :D
John Smith chapter 1 . 9/24/2017
Yikes, that was an intense chapter. Great job on this! Everyone is pretty in character, and you've created a setup for the story that is intimidating and frightening. It's also quite mysterious, even if Pegasus made his (insane) motives pretty clear already. I'm excited to read the rest!
Guest chapter 14 . 6/16/2017
Amazing story. Thank you for writing it.